Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, May 16, 2018 8:28 AM

bad night for Cleveland teams all around--Tribe gets embarrassed, Cavs looked apathetic--GO BROWNS!

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, May 16, 2018 8:31 AM

After sleeping on it, I am just about on the Celtics bandwagon (for 2018).  I have zero interest in rooting for a team that plays as apathetic as the Cavs did last night.  Even if they win, that's terrible to watch.  I will reserve final judgement until after Saturday's game.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, May 16, 2018 8:39 AM

friendfromlowry

Wed, May 16, 2018 8:40 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

After sleeping on it, I am just about on the Celtics bandwagon (for 2018).  I have zero interest in rooting for a team that plays as apathetic as the Cavs did last night.  Even if they win, that's terrible to watch.  I will reserve final judgement until after Saturday's game.

Idk about being on their bandwagon, but I'd root for them in the finals. Although I don't think they'd win more than a game against Golden State - who won the title the other night after stealing home court from a Houston team who looked lost. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, May 16, 2018 8:42 AM

BR1986FB

Wed, May 16, 2018 9:01 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Idk about being on their bandwagon, but I'd root for them in the finals. Although I don't think they'd win more than a game against Golden State - who won the title the other night after stealing home court from a Houston team who looked lost. 

That's probably one more game than the Cavs would take against Golden State. Even if the Cavs were to somehow miraculously come back in this series, they will expend all of their energy doing it and likely get swept by GS. Outside of LBJ, Cavs look old versus these younger Celtics who are running circles around them.

SportsAndLady

Wed, May 16, 2018 9:10 AM

Thinking positively here: We don't need to win one of the first two games in Boston. We need to win one of the four games in Boston. Cavs are still very tough at home. If they can get this series tied 2-2, the advantage swings right back our way. Boston did what they needed to do--but the Cavs now know how to beat them there; they just can't shit down their pants for an entire half like they did last night. 

Win game 3, win game 4, and try to steal one of two in Boston. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, May 16, 2018 9:46 AM

I’m pretty positive about anything Cavs cause of LeBron, but talking to my buddy and we both kind of agreed losing to Boston wouldn’t be the end of the world. Losing to GSW in the finals by 30 a night is getting old. When Curry kept getting hurt, and Andre Iguadala wasn’t healthy I thought Houston had a shot. Both those guys are back, and Durant is unguardable. It’s just a kick in the nuts to realize how miserable June will be for 10 days even if they manage to come back and win this series.

SportsAndLady

Wed, May 16, 2018 9:56 AM
posted by Laley23

I’m pretty positive about anything Cavs cause of LeBron, but talking to my buddy and we both kind of agreed losing to Boston wouldn’t be the end of the world. Losing to GSW in the finals by 30 a night is getting old. When Curry kept getting hurt, and Andre Iguadala wasn’t healthy I thought Houston had a shot. Both those guys are back, and Durant is unguardable. It’s just a kick in the nuts to realize how miserable June will be for 10 days even if they manage to come back and win this series.

My good friend from Boston was texting me last night talking a little shit (as he should). All I wrote back was “Boston won their two home games. Now it’s the Cavs turn. Either way, both of our teams are getting swept by GS so I don’t really care!”

which is 100% the truth. I hope we beat Boston because fuck Boston. But let’s not pretend that anyone has a chance vs golden state. They’re too good to lose in a 7 game series. 

BRF

Wed, May 16, 2018 10:59 AM
posted by Laley23

Both those guys are back, and Durant is unguardable. 

That's how I feel about it, too. Cavs are running on fumes. 

QuakerOats

Wed, May 16, 2018 11:06 AM

I have no idea what Lue is trying to do, or if he is trying to do anything other than be a caretaker.  Now says we are getting 'gooned'; quit crying and do something about it.  And if you are not absolutely ripping guys for not hustling or helping on defense, then move on.  

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, May 16, 2018 11:46 AM

I'm more upset about how the team looked on the court, no heart, no hustle. JR Smith is the only who showed anything. In the fucking Conference finals to show that lazy attitude is just pathetic.

SportsAndLady

Wed, May 16, 2018 12:22 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

I'm more upset about how the team looked on the court, no heart, no hustle. JR Smith is the only who showed anything. In the fucking Conference finals to show that lazy attitude is just pathetic.

This. Jeff green looks like he wants to play on any other team but the Cavs. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, May 16, 2018 1:47 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

And let's be real -- showing something (even if it's a flagrant) is nice and all, but when you completely suck as far as actual contributions go, it doesn't really matter. 27 minutes with no offense and only a couple boards? That's the sort of stat line any human being should be humiliated to have next to their name.

BR1986FB

Wed, May 16, 2018 1:59 PM
posted by Heretic

And let's be real -- showing something (even if it's a flagrant) is nice and all, but when you completely suck as far as actual contributions go, it doesn't really matter. 27 minutes with no offense and only a couple boards? That's the sort of stat line any human being should be humiliated to have next to their name.

Agreed. Don't do shit to contribute and then commit a flagrant foul. Golf clap. Put up some damn points. Shit, could've put Perk out there and got the same results.

friendfromlowry

Wed, May 16, 2018 4:57 PM

Are we really associating Smith's flagrant with showing something considering:

A) It was immediately after he missed his final shot of the night, leaving him at 0-7. 

B) They go from down 8 to down 12 after the sequence.

C) Those four points also happen to match what JR contributed through the first two games of this series. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, May 16, 2018 5:53 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Are we really associating Smith's flagrant with showing something considering:

A) It was immediately after he missed his final shot of the night, leaving him at 0-7. 

B) They go from down 8 to down 12 after the sequence.

C) Those four points also happen to match what JR contributed through the first two games of this series. 

Well him caring about missing his 7th shot is more emotion than the rest of the time minus LBJ showed. Not even sure they GAF to being embarrassed.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, May 16, 2018 7:45 PM

Just because LeBron is the focus of the offense doesn’t mean he put forth effort more than anyone else. He missed SEVERAL rotations. Korver legit hustles, rotates and closes out. JR does for the most part as well. LeBron does in spurts, and when it’s a critical game situation. But not in the 3rd, it was bad. I’d argue he is the worst on the team in this regard, and it trickles down. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, May 16, 2018 7:48 PM
posted by Laley23

Just because LeBron is the focus of the offense doesn’t mean he put forth effort more than anyone else. He missed SEVERAL rotations. Korver legit hustles, rotates and closes out. JR does for the most part as well. LeBron does in spurts, and when it’s a critical game situation. But not in the 3rd, it was bad. I’d argue he is the worst on the team in this regard, and it trickles down. 

And then Lebron will look around and blame one of his teammates. Drives me crazy 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, May 16, 2018 9:50 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

And then Lebron will look around and blame one of his teammates. Drives me crazy 

Yeah, I hate that. He is smart enough that I think sometimes he expects someone to cover his rotation when he gets sucked under or stuck, and this is kinda true. But a lot of the times he is just lazy and blames someone.

cat_lover

Sat, May 19, 2018 9:51 PM

Good effort so far.

Go Cavs.

superman

Sat, May 19, 2018 10:01 PM

Playing defense, finishing through contact, hustling, is almost like an NBA team.

QuakerOats

Mon, May 21, 2018 10:13 AM

Will the Cavs have the same effort tonight?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, May 21, 2018 10:27 AM

They will have to if they want to get back in this series.

slingshot4ever

Mon, May 21, 2018 11:14 AM

Winning tonight puts a ton of pressure back on Boston....we gotta get this one