Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 12, 2018 9:37 AM
posted by like_that

How about let these kids play in their first playoff series

Same can be said for Clarkson, Nance & Hood (limited playoff experience where the others have none). All three will be key contributors in the playoffs and even Nance said he "doesn't know how it's going to go" when asked about his first playoff experience.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 12, 2018 9:49 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Same can be said for Clarkson, Nance & Hood (limited playoff experience where the others have none). All three will be key contributors in the playoffs and even Nance said he "doesn't know how it's going to go" when asked about his first playoff experience.

Not even close to the same argument. 

1. You have the best player in the world with plenty of playoff experience.

2. You still have guys on the roster who have been to 3 finals.

3. You have other guys on the roster who have been battle tested in the playoffs.

4. Lebron's first year back he took a hobbled cavs roster with 0 to very limited playoff experience a couple games from winning it all.  That team had less playoff experience than this current team.

Come on.  You're comparing a Lebron led team to a team led by two 21 year olds with 0 playoff experience and a roster with limited playoff experience. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Apr 12, 2018 9:59 AM

Don't bet against Lebron until he proves otherwise.  How many years has it been since the Celtics series?  

QuakerOats

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 10:51 AM

Cavs in a sweep over the Pacers

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 10:56 AM

Some posters on RCF are legitimately concerned about the Pacers.  I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.  If we have to worry about the Pacers, then BR you can start sizing me up for that avatar. 

Also, I take back my comment on how Lue is low key a solid playoff coach.  He set his 10 man rotation and Cedi isn't in it.  Why? 

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 11:01 AM
posted by like_that

Some posters on RCF are legitimately concerned about the Pacers.  I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.  If we have to worry about the Pacers, then BR you can start sizing me up for that avatar. 

Also, I take back my comment on how Lue is low key a solid playoff coach.  He set his 10 man rotation and Cedi isn't in it.  Why? 

LOL, no....the Cavs will get past the Pacers. Like I said before, I do think they will get to the ECF but it's not going to be as easy as year's past. They will lose some games along the way.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 11:29 AM
posted by like_that

WAT?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 11:35 AM
posted by BR1986FB

LOL, no....the Cavs will get past the Pacers. Like I said before, I do think they will get to the ECF but it's not going to be as easy as year's past. They will lose some games along the way.

I agree with that.  We have been spoiled with a lot of sweeps.  I just disagree that the sixers would be a coin flip series.   

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 11:58 AM
posted by like_that

I agree with that.  We have been spoiled with a lot of sweeps.  I just disagree that the sixers would be a coin flip series.   

Hey, I know that LBJ is still the greatest player on the planet until proven otherwise. I just don't trust his supporting cast as much as I have the past few years. At some point, the guys with him are going to let him down and he's not going to be able to bail their asses out.

wes_mantooth

Tomfoolery & shenanigans

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 12:50 PM

Random, but I just realized that George Hill makes 20 mil a year (unless it was a misprint)....lmao Holy Shit!

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 12:56 PM
posted by wes_mantooth

Random, but I just realized that George Hill makes 20 mil a year (unless it was a misprint)....lmao Holy Shit!

He's had a couple of good games for them but, other than that, he's been pretty bad.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 1:38 PM

Can someone explain to me this... why can't Lue use more than a 10 man rotation?  What are the rules? 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 5:11 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Can someone explain to me this... why can't Lue use more than a 10 man rotation?  What are the rules? 

Most teams shorten their rotations in the playoffs. I just don't get why Lue doesn't believe Cedi is ready.  That's the best I can think of.  Explaining why Lue does/doesn't do this or that is impossible. 

GOONx19

An exceptional poster.

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 5:11 PM

Cavs in 3. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 5:55 PM
posted by like_that

Most teams shorten their rotations in the playoffs. I just don't get why Lue doesn't believe Cedi is ready.  That's the best I can think of.  Explaining why Lue does/doesn't do this or that is impossible. 

Very very stupid. Who are the other 9 players outside of LBJ?

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 6:04 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Very very stupid. Who are the other 9 players outside of LBJ?

I never saw this, but I’d guess:

1. LeBron
  2. Love
  3. Hill
  4. Hood
  5. Nance
  6. Calderon
  7. Tristan
  8. Korver
  9. Clarkson
  10. Green

Cedi plays solid defense and has size. I don’t know what my rotations would be, since Green has been really good recently, but he would be in my top 10.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 6:49 PM
posted by Laley23

I never saw this, but I’d guess:

1. LeBron
  2. Love
  3. Hill
  4. Hood
  5. Nance
  6. Calderon
  7. Tristan
  8. Korver
  9. Clarkson
  10. Green

Cedi plays solid defense and has size. I don’t know what my rotations would be, since Green has been really good recently, but he would be in my top 10.

TT can sit his ass down, play Cedi or Zizic over him.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 6:54 PM
posted by like_that

Do they not pay the guys they don't put on the rotation, then?  I just don't get it, I guess.  Why not put as many people as possible on your roster? 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 8:10 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Do they not pay the guys they don't put on the rotation, then?  I just don't get it, I guess.  Why not put as many people as possible on your roster? 

There are roster limits. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 8:14 PM
posted by wildcats20

There are roster limits. 

OK, I guess that answers my first question better, I supposed.  So every team in the NBA has to have a 10 man rotation for playoffs, then? 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 8:31 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

OK, I guess that answers my first question better, I supposed.  So every team in the NBA has to have a 10 man rotation for playoffs, then? 

I think you’re trying to interchange the words rotation and roster.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 10:17 PM

What's the point of announcing a "rotation" if your roster can be larger that said "rotation?"  I'm playing incredible dumb card on this one. 

SportsAndLady

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 12:29 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

What's the point of announcing a "rotation" if your roster can be larger that said "rotation?"  I'm playing incredible dumb card on this one. 

Prob wouldn’t worry about it 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 10:51 AM

In all honesty, it’s gonna be an 8-9 man rotation rounds 1/2. 8 man round 3. And if lucky enough to advance to all these rounds, a 7 man in the finals lol.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Apr 15, 2018 3:28 PM

Lets fucking GO Cavs!