Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 8:36 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/985637370593730560?s=21

Lebron didn't play his best either.  The entire team was trash.    If you told me the Cavs were actually going to hold a team under 100 points, but they will also only score 80 I would have LOL'd at you. 

Hopefully that shit is out of their system, because if they lose on Wed night it's time to hit the panic button.  BR, hopefully the avatar isn't rapistberger lol. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 8:37 AM

Cause an issue?  It's one dang playoff loss! 

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 8:45 AM
posted by like_that

Hopefully that shit is out of their system, because if they lose on Wed night it's time to hit the panic button.  BR, hopefully the avatar isn't rapistberger lol. 

I think they will get their crap together for this series but it's not going to be easy and could go 6 or 7.

Now maybe you see my mindset (a little) as to why I felt they wouldn't make the Finals? Yes, they have LBJ but if this league has taught us anything, you need 2-3 superstars to get there. The Cavs have LBJ & Love, who I would consider maybe 1/2 of a superstar, and a bunch of JAG's. I didn't think they had the supporting cast to keep up with LBJ.

This season reminded me, eerily, of the Orlando playoff & Boston "I Quit" series' with Lebron (regarding his supporting cast).

"If" an avatar happens, you know it's gonna be that fat bastard.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 8:48 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Cause an issue?  It's one dang playoff loss! 

It's been an "issue" all season. If Griffin were still here, do you honestly think the roster looks like it does right now? I think he still would've ended up moving Kyrie but I think he would've gotten a better package. I think we may have been talking about guys like Paul George playing with LBJ than George Hill or Rodney Hood.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 9:00 AM
posted by BR1986FB

It's been an "issue" all season. If Griffin were still here, do you honestly think the roster looks like it does right now? I think he still would've ended up moving Kyrie but I think he would've gotten a better package. I think we may have been talking about guys like Paul George playing with LBJ than George Hill or Rodney Hood.

You are saying all of this because of one loss in the playoffs. Will you just relax? Jesus. 

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 9:02 AM
posted by like_that

Lebron didn't play his best either.  The entire team was trash.    If you told me the Cavs were actually going to hold a team under 100 points, but they will also only score 80 I would have LOL'd at you. 

Yeah lebron didn’t have a good game offensively or defensively. 

You cant miss every shot outside of the restricted area and then blame the people around you. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 9:03 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

You are saying all of this because of one loss in the playoffs. Will you just relax? Jesus. 

No. It has nothing to do with "one loss" in the playoffs. Did I not predict them to not make it to the ECF long before this? My above post has been the reasoning. LBJ is still the greatest but he doesn't have, nor has he had, the "horses" to get back to the Finals. Now that the playoffs have started, it's starting to show.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 9:29 AM
posted by BR1986FB

No. It has nothing to do with "one loss" in the playoffs. Did I not predict them to not make it to the ECF long before this? My above post has been the reasoning. LBJ is still the greatest but he doesn't have, nor has he had, the "horses" to get back to the Finals. Now that the playoffs have started, it's starting to show.

You post that shit when they lose. When they win game 2, you’ll post something optimistic about how they’re starting to gel together. You’re so hot and cold depending on the results of the recent game. 

The cavs lost yesterday because lebron couldn’t hit outside shots (not one) and the surrounding cast went like 8/30 from 3. That’s the reason. It’s not because a year ago they fired David fucking Griffin. Just STFU. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 9:31 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

You post that shit when they lose. When they win game 2, you’ll post something optimistic about how they’re starting to gel together. You’re so hot and cold depending on the results of the recent game. 

The cavs lost yesterday because lebron couldn’t hit outside shots (not one) and the surrounding cast went like 8/30 from 3. That’s the reason. It’s not because a year ago they fired David fucking Griffin. Just STFU. 

The team went 38% FG and 25% from 3.  Terrible stat sheet.  I think the worst all year. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 9:47 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

So I'm not allowed to have some positive thoughts when they win? Just because I post positive shit after a win doesn't mean that I've changed my tune with the team not making it to the Finals. Those thoughts have been there for quite some time and haven't changed. LOVE to see them win and HOPE they win the championship but they won't (and that includes getting out of the East). Don't have the roster to do it and THAT is (partially) because Griffin's not here.

I believe I also said I think they will still make it through this series in 6 or 7.

QuakerOats

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 9:49 AM

Could use a healthy Korver; need about 4 of his 3's each game.  Foul shooting was lame again too. Starters, other than James, totaled 25 points. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 9:53 AM

I’d be more concerned if the loss was 127-120. But Cavs scoring 80 won’t happen again. Pacers defense was good, but not that good. Cavs held them under 100, which is a solid starting point. Pacers missed some open looks they usually hit (Bogdonovic, Collison) but also had some guys playing well above average (Turner, lance, even Vic hit some shots I wouldn’t count on him making all series)

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 10:42 AM

Can there be a time-out box for BR?  Sky is falling.  

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 10:54 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Can there be a time-out box for BR?  Sky is falling.  

Apparently you're new here? I'm been saying, for a while now, that this team isn't making it to the NBA Finals. Yesterday was a small sample size of why they may not. I haven't "flip flopped" on this. I give them credit, when it's due, and am critical when it's deserved. Nothing new here. Sorry I can't be all "rah rah" blind homer here.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 10:58 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Apparently you're new here? I'm been saying, for a while now, that this team isn't making it to the NBA Finals. Yesterday was a small sample size of why they may not. I haven't "flip flopped" on this. I give them credit, when it's due, and am critical when it's deserved. Nothing new here. Sorry I can't be all "rah rah" blind homer here.

It’s not really about being rah rah. It’s about not saying David griffins firing is causing issues after the cavs lost Game 1 of the first round of the playoffs. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 11:06 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

It’s not really about being rah rah. It’s about not saying David griffins firing is causing issues after the cavs lost Game 1 of the first round of the playoffs. 

Griffin's firing caused the issues long before the playoffs came. Had he been retained, I believe this roster would look significantly different right now and we wouldn't be having this (down 1-0 in an opening series) conversation right now. Hell, I don't even think they'd be the 4th seed and would probably be facing a different opponent.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 11:08 AM

HOT TAKES! Get your HOT TAKES! 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 11:09 AM

Game 2 is quite important.

I’d like to see a little “backs against the wall” effort/play/determination

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 11:15 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

HOT TAKES! Get your HOT TAKES! 

LOL...what's next? Gonna hit me with one of your "go to's" like Quinoa, bike riding or steroids?

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 11:36 AM
posted by BR1986FB

LOL...what's next? Gonna hit me with one of your "go to's" like Quinoa, bike riding or steroids?

Maybe :)

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 11:50 AM

LOL

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 12:08 PM

I was hoping for a Kale Smoothie line myself.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 1:21 PM

I have to agree with S&L.  Can we just talk about why the Cavs lost game 1 and look ahead to game 2 instead of bringing up Cleveland radio drama?  We can QQ about that all off season.  The cavs didn't lose game 1 because they fucking fired Griffin last summer.   Griffin being around wasn't going to make the Cavs win after shooting 38% FG.  That's half a percentage better than the cavs regular season FROM THREE. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 16, 2018 1:31 PM

Cleveland radio drama? LOL