Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 18, 2018 9:47 PM

Shout out to the reporter asking the Lebron about pop’s wife. Such a tasteless question.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 18, 2018 10:03 PM

It was Allie LaForce. And it’s amazing how insensitive people can be anymore. Lebron may not have even known she passed so TNT is like “hey let’s break it to him right now immediately after this exhausting game!”

mhs95_06

Wed, Apr 18, 2018 10:04 PM
posted by like_that

Shout out to the reporter asking the Lebron about pop’s wife. Such a tasteless question.

It looked like he hadn't even heard the news yet.  You'd think she'd mention it to him before she asked it.  She was talking to him for a while before the interview started.  Especially if she intended to ask that she ought to have verified that he had heard the news.

BRF

Wed, Apr 18, 2018 10:46 PM

Yay, we won after starting out of the gate at 19-3 and then struggle to close it out  

1-1.  

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 18, 2018 10:47 PM

I saw that she was talking to Lebron before the interview started...I just assumed she was letting him know that news and letting him know she was going to ask him about it. Then Lebron looked genuinely surprised when she said it on air and I thought it was kind of a dick move to at least not let him know. 

I like Allie and knew her at OU. I would almost guarantee TNT made her ask the question and she probably didn't want to.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 18, 2018 10:56 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I saw that she was talking to Lebron before the interview started...I just assumed she was letting him know that news and letting him know she was going to ask him about it. Then Lebron looked genuinely surprised when she said it on air and I thought it was kind of a dick move to at least not let him know. 

I like Allie and knew her at OU. I would almost guarantee TNT made her ask the question and she probably didn't want to.

All this

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 18, 2018 11:23 PM

Seeing on Twitter that Allie did tell lebron before the interview started.  For some reason lebron acted like it was the first time he’d heard it. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 18, 2018 11:49 PM

LeBron knows the business too. He is going to play up the question as if it’s new. This shit happens all the time with postgame interviews. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 8:21 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don’t know maybe try not getting hurt?

LOL.  A ball was thrown into his thumb.  How do you avoid that?

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 8:23 AM
posted by like_that

This  x10.  I hate the media so much.  Can you imagine Pop's response if they asked him a question like this, right after the game (on the court) nonetheless.  If Lebron is a dick in his response, he will get scrutinized in all of media.  But the media gets a pass on the dumb question in the first place. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 8:30 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

If Love has to miss multiple games I don’t think they can win this series.

I don't think Love is supposed to miss any games but I'm starting to think your comment may come true. This supporting cast is junk. If they don't pick it up we're going to see early era Lebron (Pistons series) again where he has to score 40+ a night to keep his crappy teammates in a series.

I think Indy believes that they can let Lebron have his and if they keep the others in check, they will have this series. After game 1, I was confident that they'd bounce back and win this series. After last night, I'm not so sure. Lebron doing it all, with no help, also doesn't bode well for his future decision....but that's another story.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 8:31 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

LOL.  A ball was thrown into his thumb.  How do you avoid that?

By moving your thumb. Hope this helps. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 9:29 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

By moving your thumb. Hope this helps. 

I just think it's tired to say this crap.  If he's not up playing defense, it's "OMG, Love play defense!"  Then he puts forth effort and plays defense, gets in the way, hurts his thumb... "OMG, so fragile, get out of the way. Move your thumb!"  I give Love all the credit in the world, considering he's constantly the scape goat. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 9:32 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

I just think it's tired to say this crap.  If he's not up playing defense, it's "OMG, Love play defense!"  Then he puts forth effort and plays defense, gets in the way, hurts his thumb... "OMG, so fragile, get out of the way. Move your thumb!"  I give Love all the credit in the world, considering he's constantly the scape goat. 

You are spot on about Love being the resident whipping boy on the Cavs. Seems like whenever something goes wrong, he gets the blame. He seems to have a thankless job.

Automatik

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 9:47 AM

Weird how many damn hand injuries he's had in his career.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 10:01 AM
posted by Automatik

Weird how many damn hand injuries he's had in his career.

Probably should have moved his hand. 

QuakerOats

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 10:30 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Not sure what to think. Lebron is great which we knew. The rest of the team was very meh. 15 points for Hood, Nance, Hill, and Clarkson.

Well, Kyrie had -0-, and Thomas also had -0-.       :) 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 11:03 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Fucking relax. I was half kidding. I’m not someone who constantly makes Love the scapegoat (that would be his teammates). But you can’t deny he gets hurt way too much and it’s cost us quite a bit. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 11:05 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

This  x10.  I hate the media so much.  Can you imagine Pop's response if they asked him a question like this, right after the game (on the court) nonetheless.  If Lebron is a dick in his response, he will get scrutinized in all of media.  But the media gets a pass on the dumb question in the first place. 

She asked him if he wanted to make a comment on it, he said yes (off air). She asked the question on air. Allie LaForce and TNT have zero blame in this. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 11:19 AM

I don't think anyone can blame Lebron for leaving if this is how this team is going to play in playoffs. New guys are playing like hot garbage. Jeff Green disappeared. I'm not sure why Cedi isnt getting more play. He wont be worse than these guys right now. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 11:31 AM
posted by kizer permanente

I don't think anyone can blame Lebron for leaving if this is how this team is going to play in playoffs. New guys are playing like hot garbage. Jeff Green disappeared. I'm not sure why Cedi isnt getting more play. He wont be worse than these guys right now. 

That was kind of my point in my earlier post. If LBJ has to do all of the heavy lifting, scoring 40+ in this series, and he's getting little to no help from his supporting cast, why would he want to stay? It's like the Donyell Marshall/Ira Newble/Boobie Gibson years all over again. Aren't going to win with that crap.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 11:36 AM

Could just be this is the first playoff experience for some of these guys. I can’t imagine them ALL playing this poorly for the entire playoffs. Lue just needs to do his fucking job and get the right players in the game when they’re playing well. 

No freaking clue what’s going on with TT. We used to beg Lue to take him out of games. Now he’s getting 0 minutes? Wtf

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 11:44 AM
posted by Laley23

She asked him if he wanted to make a comment on it, he said yes (off air). She asked the question on air. Allie LaForce and TNT have zero blame in this. 

OK.  Doesn't change my disdain for the media.  But LaForce can get a pass... this time!

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 11:45 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Could just be this is the first playoff experience for some of these guys.

This is how I feel. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Apr 19, 2018 11:54 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Could just be this is the first playoff experience for some of these guys. I can’t imagine them ALL playing this poorly for the entire playoffs. Lue just needs to do his fucking job and get the right players in the game when they’re playing well. 

No freaking clue what’s going on with TT. We used to beg Lue to take him out of games. Now he’s getting 0 minutes? Wtf

Could be. But if they suck all playoffs, do you take the risk of you're lebron that it was first time jitters? I wouldn't.