Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

ppaw1999

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 9:46 PM
posted by Ironman92

Green 33 pts on 12 FGA

Solid showing. Too bad the Cavs couldn't bring it home.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 11:07 PM

Love how Simmons (who is really fucking good btw) stared down lebron after a dunk and lebron just went off lol 19 points in the third quarter after that. Love how when someone goes after lebron, he shows everyone that he’s that much better than everyone. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Apr 9, 2018 8:30 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Love how Simmons (who is really fucking good btw) stared down lebron after a dunk and lebron just went off lol 19 points in the third quarter after that. Love how when someone goes after lebron, he shows everyone that he’s that much better than everyone. 

yup--when will these kids learn-lol.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 9, 2018 8:34 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Only team I can see having a prayer now is Philly.

Sticking with this prediction. Philly/Cavs would be a very interesting series.

ppaw1999

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 11:22 AM

I see Brooklyn and the Knicks are tied with the 8th worse record in the NBA. Do the Cavs tank their last game against the Knicks to try to improve their draft position or play their predicted starting lineup to prepare for the playoffs?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 1:51 PM
posted by ppaw1999

I see Brooklyn and the Knicks are tied with the 8th worse record in the NBA. Do the Cavs tank their last game against the Knicks to try to improve their draft position or play their predicted starting lineup to prepare for the playoffs?

I think the Cavs play to win.  Philly has a back to back and needs to win both (assuming Cavs don't lose tomorrow) to keep the 3 seed.  Without checking how a 3-way tiebreaker would work for seeding (wiz/heat/bucks), if the Wizards win tonight, it could pressure on the Bucks to play to win against Philly to avoid the 8th seed. Both Miami and Washington would be 1 game behind going into tomorrow night.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 2:43 PM
posted by like_that

I think the Cavs play to win.  Philly has a back to back and needs to win both (assuming Cavs don't lose tomorrow) to keep the 3 seed.  Without checking how a 3-way tiebreaker would work for seeding (wiz/heat/bucks), if the Wizards win tonight, it could pressure on the Bucks to play to win against Philly to avoid the 8th seed. Both Miami and Washington would be 1 game behind going into tomorrow night.

Yeah, that was the only thing I was wondering -- who'd be third if both teams finished 51-31 because of how Philly has one easy game and one against someone looking to potentially improve their seed with a win. But if there's a chance that Cleveland can finish with the #3, there's no way they should be tanking a game simply in hopes they have the eighth pick instead of the ninth.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Apr 10, 2018 3:20 PM
posted by Heretic

Yeah, that was the only thing I was wondering -- who'd be third if both teams finished 51-31 because of how Philly has one easy game and one against someone looking to potentially improve their seed with a win. But if there's a chance that Cleveland can finish with the #3, there's no way they should be tanking a game simply in hopes they have the eighth pick instead of the ninth.

Yeah, if Cleveland was concerned with the pick they should have never lost to Brooklyn multiple times this year smh.  If the Cavs plan to "tank" for the pick, then I don't see any reason why Lebron or anyone else should play.  

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 8:16 AM

Thanks for the major media distraction right before the playoffs, Tristan you asshole.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 8:45 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Thanks for the major media distraction right before the playoffs, Tristan you asshole.

I had to google this.  Pro athlete cheats on his gf/baby's momma?  Who gives a fuck? Out of all the drama we have seen with this team this year let alone for the last 4 years, this doesn't even make me flinch.  TT has sucked ass all year (and last year for the most part).  I don't see how this can hurt him or the team any further.  I definitely wouldn't classify this as a "major" media distraction.  Hell, he might even play better knowing he can part ways with that trash.  

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 8:47 AM
posted by like_that

I had to google this.  Pro athlete cheats on his gf/baby's momma?  Who gives a fuck? Out of all the drama we have seen with this team this year let alone for the last 4 years, this doesn't even make me flinch.  TT has sucked ass all year (and last year for the most part).  I don't see how this can hurt him or the team any further.  I definitely wouldn't classify this as a "major" media distraction.  Hell, he might even play better knowing he can part ways with that trash.  

I'm sure it will be fine when they play at home. On the road, it very well could be a distraction. Doubt he plays better when he sucks to begin with.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 8:53 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm sure it will be fine when they play at home. On the road, it very well could be a distraction. Doubt he plays better when he sucks to begin with.

I guess I fail to see how on the road it could be a distraction vs being at home?  This story will be buried by game 1 of the first round.  TT is irrelevant. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 9:29 AM

This is not news lol at all. The only people who care about this shit is people like my fiancé who watch E News to see where Selena Gomez went to lunch. Outside of that, no one GAF that TT did this. 

Automatik

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 9:34 AM

Two fans at an away game might yell out CHEATER!!! 

They're doomed!

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 9:45 AM

Btw, the last time TT cheated the Cavs won a title.  He cheated on his other baby's momma.  WTF is he doing though!?  Wear a condom or get a vasectomy dude.   I think that is the first thing I would do if I were a pro athlete and I definitely wouldn't try to get married until at the very least my career was winding down. 

wes_mantooth

Tomfoolery & shenanigans

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 12:56 PM

TT is as bad at cheating and not getting caught as he is trying to shoot a jumpshot.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 2:13 PM

Speaking of Cowherd (he was mentioned in the Browns thread), he posted this earlier today.  Can someone tell me why is Harden a lock for MVP over LBJ?  He beats lebron at PPG and not by much.  That is it.  If you use the wins argument, that is bullshit because 1. we all know the true value of regular season wins in the NBA for the past 10 years and 2. westbrook proved that did not matter.    Same shit applies if you use the "best player on the best team" argument.  

I am trying not to be a homer.  I get LBJ's crticism and his  annoys the fuck out of me a lot, but if you just put stats side by side while hiding the names everyone would pick LBJ.  At the end of the day I don't truly GAF if Lebron wins MVP.  I only care about one stat, which is getting 16 wins in the playoffs.  If anything it will probably piss Lebron off and motivate him.   I just have a hard time seeing the argument for Harden

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 2:19 PM

Dang.  Not even close. 

Automatik

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 2:22 PM

Best player, best team and because the west is a more difficult conference. It's a joke they don't even consider defense, because if they did this would be even more of a no brainer.

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 2:52 PM

Realistically, LBJ could've won 8-10 MVP's, if not more. He makes the extraordinary look ordinary and the voters have this "ho hum" attitude toward him because they see it on a yearly basis from him. It's expected. They want something "fresh" or new." Doesn't make it right but it is what it is. I mentioned before that LBJ can almost get raped on a drive to the basket and no foul is called because he's a physical freak. Someone blows on Harden and he's shooting two. There are different rules for LBJ when he plays and in the MVP voting.

I've mentioned before that it's criminal that a one trick pony like Steph Curry has won a unanimous MVP and Harden may get it this year too (unanimously) while guys like LBJ & Jordan. who are the two GOAT's never won it unanimously.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 3:18 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Realistically, LBJ could've won 8-10 MVP's, if not more. He makes the extraordinary look ordinary and the voters have this "ho hum" attitude toward him because they see it on a yearly basis from him. It's expected. They want something "fresh" or new." Doesn't make it right but it is what it is. I mentioned before that LBJ can almost get raped on a drive to the basket and no foul is called because he's a physical freak. Someone blows on Harden and he's shooting two. There are different rules for LBJ when he plays and in the MVP voting.

I've mentioned before that it's criminal that a one trick pony like Steph Curry has won a unanimous MVP and Harden may get it this year too (unanimously) while guys like LBJ & Jordan. who are the two GOAT's never won it unanimously.

I get the "ho hum"  shit, because the same shit was done to MJ. MJ probably should have had 1-2 more MVPs.  It is still a disgrace Lebron only has 4 MVPs.  It's also a disgrace that Nash and Curry have half the MVPs as Lebron.  Part of it is ho hum, and part of it imo are writers trying to protect MJ's legacy.  No way could Lebron have the same amount or more MVPs than MJ!!!

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 3:20 PM
posted by Automatik

Best player, best team and because the west is a more difficult conference. It's a joke they don't even consider defense, because if they did this would be even more of a no brainer.

Like I said, Westbrook proved this is a bullshit argument last year and we all know (including the people who vote on this shit) that regular season wins don't mean shit in terms of who is the best team in the NBA.  I bet the majority of the people using this argument wouldn't put their money on Houston over GSW.