Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Mar 28, 2018 9:18 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

We're due.

Especially at Miami.  Have the Cavs won a game at Miami since Lebron returned?  Hell, I don't think they have won a game at Miami since Lebron left. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 28, 2018 9:24 AM
posted by like_that

Especially at Miami.  Have the Cavs won a game at Miami since Lebron returned?  Hell, I don't think they have won a game at Miami since Lebron left. 

Haven’t won in Miami since 2010

BR1986FB

Wed, Mar 28, 2018 9:49 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Haven’t won in Miami since 2010

0-14, I believe, in that stretch. I get it with a Lebron-less Cavs but 0-fer with him?

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Mar 28, 2018 9:31 PM

Was invited to game Tuesday vs. Raptors.  As part of this package, I get to play a pick-up game on the Q floor, followed by some "business" and networking, then the game.  Pretty stoked.  Hopefully I get drafted.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 28, 2018 9:40 PM

Lebron 41/10/8 in the win 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Mar 28, 2018 10:01 PM

He's good at basketball.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 10:23 PM

Good win tonight. Tristan finally showing up. Clarkson and Hood played well also.

Hill turned an ankle. Just can’t get 100% healthy right now.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 8:19 AM

Mavs head into the 4th quarter and realize "shit, we may win this....better tank this quarter" and put up 10 points.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 8:24 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Mavs head into the 4th quarter and realize "shit, we may win this....better tank this quarter" and put up 10 points.

It was one of those "we will scratch each other's backs" games. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 8:27 AM
posted by like_that

It was one of those "we will scratch each other's backs" games. 

Apparently. I lost track of the fact that they played yesterday. Then I heard the final score and the fact that Dallas only scored 10 points in the 4th quarter and was like "wtf? Dallas actually had a lead?"

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 8:31 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Apparently. I lost track of the fact that they played yesterday. Then I heard the final score and the fact that Dallas only scored 10 points in the 4th quarter and was like "wtf? Dallas actually had a lead?"

It was a typical Cavs game against an inferior opponent.  Dick around all game, and then put the clamps on in the 4th.  "Active rest."

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 10:51 AM

LBJ fucked around and still got a trip dub. MVP

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 10:59 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

LBJ fucked around and still got a trip dub. MVP

If he wouldn't have been playing with his junk all of January, trying to make a "point" that he wanted guys traded/needed more help, he'd probably still be right there in the discussion. Still pisses me off with the "unanimous MVP" talk for Harden. Guys like LBJ & Jordan can't get a unanimous vote but "One Trick Pony" Steph and Harden can?

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 11:07 AM

I went back and looked at previous MVPs. I legit think LBJ should have 8 of the last 10. Nash's MVPs are the most atrocious MVPs of all time, and then Curry's first is also a fucking joke. NBA writers love to give MVPs to bitch boy PGs who don't play an ounce of def and are as vanilla as possible off the court.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 11:18 AM

Oh, there's no doubt that LBJ should have at least 8 MVP's but the fact that he makes the incredible look normal, I think, makes the guys who vote for this crap take him for granted. Same thing with the fouls he takes because of his size. Unless someone's taking him down with a shotgun, he's not getting the call (because he's a physical freak) but some guys get  breathed on and they are at the line 8-10x's a night.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 11:25 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Oh, there's no doubt that LBJ should have at least 8 MVP's but the fact that he makes the incredible look normal, I think, makes the guys who vote for this crap take him for granted. Same thing with the fouls he takes because of his size. Unless someone's taking him down with a shotgun, he's not getting the call (because he's a physical freak) but some guys get  breathed on and they are at the line 8-10x's a night.

COUGHHARDENCOUGH

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 11:28 AM

My point exactly.

ppaw1999

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 11:46 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Dallas put in their bench players to tank the game.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 2, 2018 11:49 AM
posted by ppaw1999

Dallas put in their bench players to tank the game.

I know. My first comment about the game was that they knew they had a lead and said "shit, better tank in the 4th quarter." Wish Brooklyn would do that but they've got nothing to tank for.

slingshot4ever

Tue, Apr 3, 2018 7:38 PM

Is the game not on TV tonight because of Reds and Blue jackets?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Apr 3, 2018 7:52 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Is the game not on TV tonight because of Reds and Blue jackets?

In central Ohio, that is correct. 

slingshot4ever

Tue, Apr 3, 2018 8:16 PM

I'm in toledo....no one up here likes the reds

BR1986FB

Wed, Apr 4, 2018 7:26 AM

The bench can never make it easy, it seems. Have a 12 point lead with about a minute and a half left. Cavs bring in their second unit, about 15-20 seconds left in the game and Toronto cuts it down to 4, starters have to return to close it out.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Apr 4, 2018 8:10 AM

Incredible time.  Incredible experience.  Raptors, surprisingly, cleared their bench with 2 minutes to go.  Their bench brought them back (against Cabs bench).  Raptors left their bench in the entire time. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Apr 4, 2018 8:10 AM

I'd post pictures if the upload actually worked, or if you could successfully share IMGUR pics.  Nope.