Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 21, 2018 9:23 PM

Lebron James is a good basketball player. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Mar 21, 2018 9:27 PM

Can Hubie just admit he doesn't like the Cavs?  I think I would respect him more if he did.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Mar 21, 2018 9:51 PM

LeBron 17 assists and no turnovers

but only had 35 points and 7 rebounds

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Mar 21, 2018 9:52 PM

17 assists and 0 turnovers. That has to be. Lose to some kinda record, right?

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Mar 21, 2018 10:00 PM
posted by Laley23

First player to go 35 with 15+ assists and no turnovers since 1977-78 season

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Mar 21, 2018 11:15 PM

Cavs shot close to 70% from 3 and barely won at home. I'm a bit concerned by that.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Mar 22, 2018 12:23 AM
posted by Laley23

Could have swore at the end of the broadcast they said 17 assists without a turnover was the largest margin ever.

posted by like_that

Can Hubie just admit he doesn't like the Cavs?  I think I would respect him more if he did.

He doesn't shut the fuck up. He over-explains everything.

posted by Commander of Awesome

Cavs shot close to 70% from 3 and barely won at home. I'm a bit concerned by that.

Eh. Toronto 6th in the league in defensive points per game allowed (103 I believe) and just gave up 132 to a Cleveland team giving a fuck for a change.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Mar 22, 2018 6:18 AM

without Nance

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 22, 2018 7:10 AM

Not sure if you watched the first half, but Toronto could not miss a fucking shot, it was ridiculous.   They gave up less than 50 pts in the second half.  It was a good comeback win, considering they had 5 rotational guys out.  Hopefully they can build upon that comeback heading into the playoffs.  They just need to get fucking healthy.

Edit: Speaking of that first half, it looked like a classic Cavs' regular season blow out loss, where once they get down big they call it a night.  

BR1986FB

Thu, Mar 22, 2018 7:51 AM

It's not uncommon knowledge that their offense is very, very good and their defense sucks ass. Big problem I see with these guys is when they face a team that's good at hitting their 3's. Unlike previous years, the Cavs don't have the firepower to go toe to toe with good 3 point shooting teams. If this game was in Toronto, I think the Raptors probably win it.

Good win/confidence builder though. LBJ's stat line was ridiculous and K-Love doesn't look like he's missed a beat. Nice to see Hill finally show up. Dude sucks so bad.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Mar 22, 2018 8:02 AM
posted by BR1986FB

It's not uncommon knowledge that their offense is very, very good and their defense sucks ass. Big problem I see with these guys is when they face a team that's good at hitting their 3's. Unlike previous years, the Cavs don't have the firepower to go toe to toe with good 3 point shooting teams. If this game was in Toronto, I think the Raptors probably win it.

Good win/confidence builder though. LBJ's stat line was ridiculous and K-Love doesn't look like he's missed a beat. Nice to see Hill finally show up. Dude sucks so bad.

You think Hill sucks? 

BR1986FB

Thu, Mar 22, 2018 8:11 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

You think Hill sucks? 

Yeah. This has been his best game, by far, as a Cav. Before he was traded, pretty sure he was having his worst year (or close) ever. For the most part, I think Calderon does a better job.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 22, 2018 9:52 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Ty Lue's no practice approach probably has something to do with it.  I think the Cavs defense will tighten up in the playoffs.   I am not saying they will be elite defensively, but they will be much better, which is why they are very hard to beat in the playoffs. They have done it every single year (except against the Warriors, who are a different beast) and they take each possession a lot more seriously than they do in the regular season.  Not to mention they actually fucking practice and only have to prepare for one team. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 22, 2018 9:55 AM

Actually, the year they beat the Warriors their defense showed up on defense.   Even in 2015 the defense showed up.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sat, Mar 24, 2018 11:42 AM

I know it was a blow out win and they are easing TT back, but it's a beautiful sight to see TT only get 16 minutes.  That's about where he should be.  He should be coming in to give Nance a breather.  Also, having Love back is a bigger boost than I thought.  When Love plays center, it makes it very difficult for teams.  If he is hitting his 3's it forces teams to take out their bigs.   It's just like what GSW did to the Cavs in 2015. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 25, 2018 7:52 PM

LeBron huge as expected but love Love going 20/15

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sun, Mar 25, 2018 8:08 PM

Love has been great since coming back. He's not even completely terrible on defense.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Mar 27, 2018 8:05 PM

Think I just scored a free ticket to the Raptors game next Thursday.  Freaking pumped.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 27, 2018 10:39 PM

Pretty yuck performance tonight

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Mar 27, 2018 10:57 PM

Love injured?

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 27, 2018 11:12 PM
posted by Ironman92

Love injured?

He got elbowed in the mouth. He’s alright 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Mar 27, 2018 11:26 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Pretty yuck performance tonight

We're due.

BR1986FB

Wed, Mar 28, 2018 7:36 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

He got elbowed in the mouth. He’s alright 

Sounds like he's being evaluated for a concussion. Initially heard it was just a loose tooth?