Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 4, 2018 9:39 AM
posted by BR1986FB

The bench can never make it easy, it seems. Have a 12 point lead with about a minute and a half left. Cavs bring in their second unit, about 15-20 seconds left in the game and Toronto cuts it down to 4, starters have to return to close it out.

That wasn’t really the 2nd unit. It was Cedi, Zizic and Holland, who hadn’t played all game.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 9:14 AM

Cavs and Philly are tied record wise.  Considering the Cavs play tonight (Wizards) and then Philly tomorrow, I think it would be a safe bet they will settle for the 4th seed.  There isn't much of a difference between the 3 and 4 seed this year imo, except the 4 seed is the better guarantee first round matchup. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 9:34 AM
posted by like_that

Cavs and Philly are tied record wise.  Considering the Cavs play tonight (Wizards) and then Philly tomorrow, I think it would be a safe bet they will settle for the 4th seed.  There isn't much of a difference between the 3 and 4 seed this year imo, except the 4 seed is the better guarantee first round matchup. 

Might be wrong on this but heard if they stay at the 3 seed they'd face Miami then Boston then Toronto, assuming they win throughout the playoffs. Dropping to the 4th seed means Indiana then Toronto then Boston. Almost think I'd rather them stay at 3 as I don't see Boston being completely healthy by the 2nd round.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 10:00 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Might be wrong on this but heard if they stay at the 3 seed they'd face Miami then Boston then Toronto, assuming they win throughout the playoffs. Dropping to the 4th seed means Indiana then Toronto then Boston. Almost think I'd rather them stay at 3 as I don't see Boston being completely healthy by the 2nd round.

Here is a bold prediction.  Boston won't make it to the ECF.

Edit: Meaning if they don't have the Cavs in the 2nd round.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 12:58 PM
posted by like_that

Here is a bold prediction.  Boston won't make it to the ECF.

Edit: Meaning if they don't have the Cavs in the 2nd round.

Probably not that bold anymore with the Kyrie news just dropping. I will also take the 3 seed now.

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 1:04 PM
posted by like_that

Probably not that bold anymore with the Kyrie news just dropping. I will also take the 3 seed now.

Probably going to be sizing me up for a new avatar. Toronto is scared shitless of the Cavs. Only team I can see having a prayer now is Philly.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 3:04 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Probably going to be sizing me up for a new avatar. Toronto is scared shitless of the Cavs. Only team I can see having a prayer now is Philly.

lol, I am not celebrating yet,  but if it comes down to this I think we can both agree it's a win-win.

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 3:07 PM
posted by like_that

lol, I am not celebrating yet,  but if it comes down to this I think we can both agree it's a win-win.

I'm actually hoping I'm wrong. If so, go easy on me..LOL

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 10:36 PM

Great comeback 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Apr 5, 2018 10:41 PM

I’ve seen a lot of LeBron 4th quarters. A lot. That is up there as the best 7 minute stretch to end a game as he’s ever had. That was some scintillating basketball and decision making. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 7:56 AM

Damn.  I turned the game off with about 5 minutes to go.  Figured there was no way.  Pissed. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 8:39 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Damn.  I turned the game off with about 5 minutes to go.  Figured there was no way.  Pissed. 

Same.  Once the Wizards made it an 11 point game with 5 minutes left I turned it off.  I was pretty annoyed.  The Cavs were dominating and playing great D and all of a sudden halfway thru the 2nd quarter you could see a big drop off with their effort.  There was 0 effort late in the 3rd and halfway thru the 4th and thus I figured they were coasting and getting ready to settle for the 4th seed.  Nice to see they came back to win. They had 16 turnovers and still win.  I am not sure if that is a good sign or not, but I will take a W in that situation and move on.  

I would also prefer to avoid the Wizards in the first round.  I don't think they can win 4 games against the Cavs, but they always give the Cavs a hard time. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 8:50 AM

Also, Lue continues to be a terrible coach.  The time off obviously hasn't provided clarity.  I can somewhat live with Green starting over Nance, but having Nance share minutes with TT is a fucking disgrace at this point.  Not to mention that lineup with Nance/TT is fucking awful (this was actually the final breaking point for me last night).  I don't understand why Lue insists on trying to force lineups that clearly don't work. 

ppaw1999

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 11:21 AM
posted by like_that

Also, Lue continues to be a terrible coach.  The time off obviously hasn't provided clarity.  I can somewhat live with Green starting over Nance, but having Nance share minutes with TT is a fucking disgrace at this point.  Not to mention that lineup with Nance/TT is fucking awful (this was actually the final breaking point for me last night).  I don't understand why Lue insists on trying to force lineups that clearly don't work. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tyronn-lue-jeff-green-start-224950018.html

Looks like we may have to live with it for awhile. Not the lineup I was hoping to see.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 12:27 PM
posted by ppaw1999

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rumor-lebron-james-leave-cavaliers-213045509.html

This is the funniest reason for LBJ to leave Cleveland I have heard. Must be a slow sports news day.

Chris Sheridan deserves some credit because he did accurately predict when and where to Lebron would leave the previous two times (although predicting he'd come back to Cleveland wasn't that big of a reach) but god damn if he hasn't milked every ounce of that ever since. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 7:41 PM

41 points given up in the 1st quarter. Smh

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 7:51 PM

5 players with 6+ points in the first quarter? Geesh

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 8:20 PM

Simmons and Redick killing it

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 8:36 PM

LeBron gonna have a big triple double 

28/16/13

ppaw1999

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 8:52 PM

Jeff Green really playing well and I was mad he started. I should find a different sport to follow. smh

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 9:26 PM

Fun game

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 9:35 PM

Fortunate call. She sucks lol

ppaw1999

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 9:36 PM
posted by Ironman92

Fun game

Glad I didn't turn it off when they got down by 30. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Apr 6, 2018 9:42 PM

Green 33 pts on 12 FGA