Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Mar 12, 2018 9:35 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Now in the 4th seed. Also sounds like one of the players was quoted as saying (post game) "the smiles are already gone." If so, that didn't take long.

Yeah, no shit.  My smiles would be gone if I had to deal with Lebron's bipolar pissiness every season.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Mar 12, 2018 9:44 AM

Doesn’t much matter but only 3 games ahead of the #8 seed

BR1986FB

Mon, Mar 12, 2018 10:04 AM
posted by like_that

Yeah, no shit.  My smiles would be gone if I had to deal with Lebron's bipolar pissiness every season.

Yep, and now we get to hear about all of the Lakers stuff after last night. Worst part? That cancer IT got the last laugh last night.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 1:10 PM

Sportscenter gave out their BPI best odds to win the title:

Rockets- 34.1%

Warriors- 32.2%

Raptors- 26.2%

Celtics- 4.4%

76ers- 0.7%

Thunder- 0.5%

Cavs- 0.1%

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 1:31 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Rockets- 34.1%

Warriors- 32.2%

Raptors- 26.2%

Celtics- 4.4%

76ers- 0.7%

Thunder- 0.5%

Cavs- 0.1%

Barring an injury, there is a 0% chance of the rockets beating the GSW. Give me 6ers and Celtics over the Raps.

Harden/CP3/Rozen/Lowry shrink in the playoffs.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 1:43 PM

Also leaving out the part that the ESPN BPI is a joke.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 1:55 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Barring an injury, there is a 0% chance of the rockets beating the GSW. Give me 6ers and Celtics over the Raps.

Harden/CP3/Rozen/Lowry shrink in the playoffs.

I agree. The Warriors are just dicking around in the regular season like the Cavs have previously. When it's playoff time, the Rockets will get a dose of reality.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 2:01 PM

I personally can't wait for James Haren to win MVP then get bounced in 2nd round of the playoffs again. I am willing to bet CP3 gets hurt again too, bc well he always does in the playoffs. Death/Taxes/CP3 getting hurt in the playoffs.

I wish the Cavs weren't a pile of shit this yr, I think it's setting up for Curry to be out during the playoffs. If I'm a team going against the Warriors I step all over his feet, his last ankle injury (4th of the season) was non contact. Wouldn't be shocked to see him out, Green looks fat and playing worse than last seasons, roster a bit older....etc... It's a decent yr to upset them is what I'm getting at, least a better chance than last yr.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 2:13 PM

Lol .01% cavs winning the title. What the fuck ever ESPN. Lebron has been in the last 7 NBA finals, and I see no reason why he wouldn’t get back this year (still the best player on the planet easily). They may be underdogs from there, but one one-hundredth of a percent is laughable. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 2:29 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Lol .01% cavs winning the title. What the fuck ever ESPN. Lebron has been in the last 7 NBA finals, and I see no reason why he wouldn’t get back this year (still the best player on the planet easily). They may be underdogs from there, but one one-hundredth of a percent is laughable. 

I get it, LBJ is still the greatest player on the planet but he no longer has KI to help pick up the slack. The pieces they added are nice but unless K-Love comes back and is 'Superman" this team isn't getting back to the NBA Finals.

They may improve on their seeding but they are going to have to run through a gauntlet (Toronto, Boston, maybe Milwaukee or Philly), which they never have since LBJ returned, to get there. They'd beat Philly or Milwaukee in an opening series but I doubt they steam roll them. By the time they get through that, they'd likely face both Toronto & Boston.

As COA said 'I wish the Cavs weren't a pile of shit this year." The overall team looks disinterested, except for LBJ, and even he looked like shit in that month leading up to the trades.

I think most fans think "well, the Cavs have LBJ so it's a given they are going back to the Finals." This, as I'm sure you know, is a much different team. Nothing lasts forever and the decline was bound to happen.

Again, as COA said, it's a damn shame too because I do think the GSW's are ripe to be taken down but it won't be by Houston.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 2:49 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I get it, LBJ is still the greatest player on the planet but he no longer has KI to help pick up the slack. The pieces they added are nice but unless K-Love comes back and is 'Superman" this team isn't getting back to the NBA Finals.

They may improve on their seeding but they are going to have to run through a gauntlet (Toronto, Boston, maybe Milwaukee or Philly), which they never have since LBJ returned, to get there. They'd beat Philly or Milwaukee in an opening series but I doubt they steam roll them. By the time they get through that, they'd likely face both Toronto & Boston.

As COA said 'I wish the Cavs weren't a pile of shit this year." The overall team looks disinterested, except for LBJ, and even he looked like shit in that month leading up to the trades.

I think most fans think "well, the Cavs have LBJ so it's a given they are going back to the Finals." This, as I'm sure you know, is a much different team. Nothing lasts forever and the decline was bound to happen.

Again, as COA said, it's a damn shame too because I do think the GSW's are ripe to be taken down but it won't be by Houston.

I disagree with you on everything in this post. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 2:56 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I disagree with you on everything in this post. 

Fine, but I'll be right in the end.

There's not a person in their right mind that thinks they will get back to the NBA Finals this year, unless they are a blind homer who is overlooking their shortcomings. They have a shitty HC who doesn't actually know how to put together a strategy. A superstar player who, granted, is still the best player on the planet, to go along with NO other superstars.

Can't play defense to save their lives and they no longer have the advantage of being able to "out 3 pointer" their opponents.

It cracks me up that people can watch this shit (i.e. Cavs basketball) and think that just because they have LBJ that they can flip some switch and instantly be in championship mode. Too much bad to think this team will suddenly just become good. People on this site are about the only ones who think the Cavs are the team to beat in the East.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 2:56 PM
posted by BR1986FB

any cred that this post might have had was lost here

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 2:58 PM
posted by vball10set

Dude knows his hoops.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 2:58 PM
posted by vball10set

lol ok, fess up vball. Tell me where I hurt your feelz.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 2:59 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Fine, but I'll be right in the end.

There's not a person in their right mind that thinks they will get back to the NBA Finals this year, unless they are a blind homer who is overlooking their shortcomings. They have a shitty HC who doesn't actually know how to put together a strategy. A superstar player who, granted, is still the best player on the planet, to go along with NO other superstars.

Can't play defense to save their lives and they no longer have the advantage of being able to "out 3 pointer" their opponents.

It cracks me up that people can watch this shit (i.e. Cavs basketball) and think that just because they have LBJ that they can flip some switch and instantly be in championship mode. Too much bad to think this team will suddenly just become good. People on this site are about the only ones who think the Cavs are the team to beat in the East.

This bought teh lulz

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 3:02 PM

lol ok, fess up vball. Tell me where I hurt your feelz.

hahaha--sorry, but I have no feelz

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 3:03 PM
posted by vball10set

hahaha--sorry, but I have no feelz

Guess I'm imagining the strong stench of butthurt steaming from your passive aggressive posts then.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 3:09 PM

Uhhhh I’m anything but a Cavs homer and I’m not betting against LeBron and this Cavs team to get to the Finals. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 3:10 PM

This bought teh lulz

Believe me, I don't WANT to be.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 4:40 PM
posted by wildcats20

Uhhhh I’m anything but a Cavs homer and I’m not betting against LeBron and this Cavs team to get to the Finals. 

Thank you. 

Havent looked in a while but last I checked Cleveland was the favorite to get to the finals out of the east. BR just loves to be Mr Debbie Downer. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 4:44 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Thank you. 

Havent looked in a while but last I checked Cleveland was the favorite to get to the finals out of the east. BR just loves to be Mr Debbie Downer. 

They actually aren’t, according to this site:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

But that doesn’t change my mind. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 4:46 PM
posted by wildcats20

They actually aren’t, according to this site:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

But that doesn’t change my mind. 

Bovada still has then as the favorite though. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 5:22 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Rockets- 34.1%

Warriors- 32.2%

Raptors- 26.2%

Celtics- 4.4%

76ers- 0.7%

Thunder- 0.5%

Cavs- 0.1%

That’s dumb

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 6:06 PM
posted by wildcats20

Bovada still has then as the favorite though. 

Yeah I think they’re right on the fringe at most sites. With some having them the favorites and some slightly below. Either way, it’s really stupid to say what BR said.