Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 12:57 PM

BTW....that play LBJ had last night was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Think it may have been kind of an accident but man that was sweet.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 5:04 PM

Yes BR, he did not mean to go through Thompson’s legs lol. He admitted it already.

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 9:58 PM
posted by Laley23

Yes BR, he did not mean to go through Thompson’s legs lol. He admitted it already.

Posted that before I heard his interview on my drive home. Didn't think he could intentionally do it but for his mystique he should've lied. lol

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Mar 3, 2018 8:38 PM

That dunk by Nance was ridiculous. Also ridiculous, 73 points for Denver. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sat, Mar 3, 2018 9:12 PM

Does their defense just magically approve in the playoffs? 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 3, 2018 10:26 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Does their defense just magically approve in the playoffs? 

Some, but not enough to win it all

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 3, 2018 10:40 PM

Shoot 52% and lose by 9 to the Chicken Nuggets

friendfromlowry

Sun, Mar 4, 2018 11:04 AM

Defense sucked all season. Traded half the team, defense still sucks. Sounds like a huge coaching issue to me. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Mar 5, 2018 8:08 PM

Larry Nance Jr 18/10 at the half

Nice

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Mar 5, 2018 8:11 PM

I think we will see:

1. Hill
  2. Smith
  3. LeBron
  4. Love
  5. Nance

With Osman, Hood, Clarkson and Korver getting the rotation minutes. Tristan maybe depending on matchup. I think we see LeBron at the 4 to close games. Nance likely the 5, unless Love is hot

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Mar 5, 2018 8:22 PM
posted by Laley23

I think we will see:

1. Hill
  2. Smith
  3. LeBron
  4. Love
  5. Nance

With Osman, Hood, Clarkson and Korver getting the rotation minutes. Tristan maybe depending on matchup. I think we see LeBron at the 4 to close games. Nance likely the 5, unless Love is hot

Bleh on Smith

Classyposter58

Mon, Mar 5, 2018 8:25 PM

Jesus lol Blake Griffin bringing the ball up every possession. Ridiculous how bad the guard play is for Detroit

friendfromlowry

Mon, Mar 5, 2018 8:37 PM
posted by Ironman92

Bleh on Smith

I'm over JR Smith. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 7:27 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I'm over JR Smith. 

Same with TT. If the trade deadline wasn't over, I'd say ship him off for a Season 3 box set of "Keeping up with the Kardashians." It's astounding how bad they are when he's in the lineup and how good they are when he's not.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 7:29 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Same with TT. If the trade deadline wasn't over, I'd say ship him off for a Season 3 box set of "Keeping up with the Kardashians." It's astounding how bad they are when he's in the lineup and how good they are when he's not.

Also shows how terrible of a coach Lue is. If this doesn’t convince him that TT needs his minutes heavily reduced than I don’t know what will.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 7:33 AM
posted by like_that

Also shows how terrible of a coach Lue is. If this doesn’t convince him that TT needs his minutes heavily reduced than I don’t know what will.

Lue seems a lot like Tito Francona to me. Loyal to the end with his veterans. If Lue can't see that Nance brings a whole new level of energy, which seems to rub off on the whole team (especially Lebron), he doesn't deserve to coach.

TT was either playing injured or was very disinterested. Either way, he shouldn't be playing under those circumstances.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 8:57 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Lue seems a lot like Tito Francona to me. Loyal to the end with his veterans. If Lue can't see that Nance brings a whole new level of energy, which seems to rub off on the whole team (especially Lebron), he doesn't deserve to coach.

TT was either playing injured or was very disinterested. Either way, he shouldn't be playing under those circumstances.

I would never compare Lue to Tito.  That's way too big of a compliment.  All Lue needs to do is look back at that winning streak they had earlier in the season.  TT was not a part of that streak.   Now look at what happens when he doesn't play.  Time to give up on TT Lue.  He is done.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 9:09 AM
posted by like_that

I would never compare Lue to Tito.  That's way too big of a compliment.  All Lue needs to do is look back at that winning streak they had earlier in the season.  TT was not a part of that streak.   Now look at what happens when he doesn't play.  Time to give up on TT Lue.  He is done.

The fact that they are both loyal to veterans is where the similarities end. Lue may have rode the coattails of Lebron & Kyrie to a ring but he's in way over his head as a HC.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 9:31 AM

Lue to Francona?

I’d go more towards Dusty Baker

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 9:47 AM
posted by Ironman92

Lue to Francona?

I’d go more towards Dusty Baker

This. Francona is a great manager and shouldn’t be in the same ballpark as Dusty or Lue. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 9:51 AM

You guys crack me up. I make mention that both Lue & Francona are loyal to their veterans and suddenly I'm comparing them as equal coaching peers? Not even close. Francona is a proven professional. Lue is an assistant who "lucked" into Lebron James. They're loyal to their vets. That's where the comparison ends.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 10:37 AM
posted by BR1986FB

You guys crack me up. I make mention that both Lue & Francona are loyal to their veterans and suddenly I'm comparing them as equal coaching peers? Not even close. Francona is a proven professional. Lue is an assistant who "lucked" into Lebron James. They're loyal to their vets. That's where the comparison ends.

I knew what you were saying, but I can't stand by and let somebody mention Lue and Francona in the same breath lol. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 10:46 AM
posted by like_that

I knew what you were saying, but I can't stand by and let somebody mention Lue and Francona in the same breath lol. 

Yeah, I get it. Without LBJ, Lue's probably not a HC in the league.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Mar 6, 2018 11:28 AM

18-3 without Thompson playing.