Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Feb 27, 2018 9:59 PM

Great bench production tonight

cat_lover

Tue, Feb 27, 2018 10:32 PM

The bench has been better since the trade deadline. I really like Nance,Hood and Clarkson's energy as well as the rest of the bench.

BR1986FB

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 8:17 AM

Lebron James became the only NBA player ever to amass more than 30,000 points, 8,000 rebounds and 8,000 assists.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 8:41 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Lebron James became the only NBA player ever to amass more than 30,000 points, 8,000 rebounds and 8,000 assists.

No one else even has 27k, 7k, 7k

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 9:16 AM

That was an ugly ass win last night.  Giving up over 120 pts to the Nets?  That's one of those wins that leaves a sour taste in your mouth. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 9:18 AM
posted by like_that

That was an ugly ass win last night.  Giving up over 120 pts to the Nets?  That's one of those wins that leaves a sour taste in your mouth. 

Yes but I’ll take it. Any time the Cavs win and nets lose, it’s a good day. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 9:18 AM

Btw, George Hill is awesome. Such a good pickup. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 9:35 AM
posted by like_that

That and losing to a Kawhi Leonard-less Spurs in a blowout doesn't give me the warm fuzzies like after the trade was first made.

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 10:06 AM

Just for everyone's information. TT hasn't had a positive +/- in a game since the Celtics game on 2/11. I really hate that contract. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 10:13 AM
posted by j_crazy

Just for everyone's information. TT hasn't had a positive +/- in a game since the Celtics game on 2/11. I really hate that contract. 

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but, I believe, their record has been much better when TT isn't playing. His contract is kind of an albatross. I don't think anybody wants him and he only got paid because of Lebron and it was a "feel good" time after the championship.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 10:14 AM
posted by j_crazy

I have said this before, but he is only useful against the Celtics.  For whatever reason he gets up to play against Horford and owns him. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 12:07 PM

I was furious watchig this game last night. Def was pathetic, LBJ wasn't getting calls. Also, hey Larry Nance, stop fucking fouling! He had 2 fouls in the first 2 min, and finished with 4 playing only 17 min. Biggest reason TT played so many minutes last night.

ppaw1999

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 2:25 PM

Looking at how the Irving deal worked out, would you made this trade at the beginning of the NBA season?

Irving, Shumprert, Frye, Jefferson and the Cavs #1 for Hood, Nance Jr, Clarkson, Hill, Zizic and the Nets #1.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Feb 28, 2018 4:27 PM

No. Rather have Kyrie.

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 7:42 AM

Man, this team is looking kind of lost. I know they are still trying to get acclimated with each other, and K-Love will be coming back, but I'm still sticking with my prediction that they don't make the NBA Finals. I think they might have the talent to get back there but I think Ty Lue will be their downfall. Dude is just clueless on how to coach these guys.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 9:02 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Man, this team is looking kind of lost. I know they are still trying to get acclimated with each other, and K-Love will be coming back, but I'm still sticking with my prediction that they don't make the NBA Finals. I think they might have the talent to get back there but I think Ty Lue will be their downfall. Dude is just clueless on how to coach these guys.

I think you are more bipolar on the cavs than the Cavs are during the regular season.   Ty Lue is trash though, I agree. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 9:20 AM
posted by like_that

I think you are more bipolar on the cavs than the Cavs are during the regular season.   Ty Lue is trash though, I agree. 

No, I understand it's a long season and they need to have the new guys fit in. I was optimistic when they first made the trade and played a few games but I think we're all starting to see what the guys they got in the trade are, nice role players. They need another superstar and badly miss KI. Yeah, K-Love will be back but I don't know if I'd even classify him as a "superstar." He may be 1/2 of one. And will they have enough time to fit in together? Right now, if they played the playoffs, I think they'd face Milwaukee in the first round. That's a coin flip series to me.

I like the roster but it's missing another superstar which I think isn't going to get them over the hump this year. They have positioned themselves well to go after another superstar (cough....Kawhi Leonard....cough) in the offseason but I don't think they have enough to get to the Finals this year, even with Lebron James as the main guy.

I've been singing the "they aren't making the Finals" tune for quite some time now and had some brief optimism when they made this trade but after it's sunk in, I've realized that these guys are just good role players....nothing more.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 9:29 AM
posted by BR1986FB

No, I understand it's a long season and they need to have the new guys fit in. I was optimistic when they first made the trade and played a few games but I think we're all starting to see what the guys they got in the trade are, nice role players. They need another superstar and badly miss KI. Yeah, K-Love will be back but I don't know if I'd even classify him as a "superstar." He may be 1/2 of one. And will they have enough time to fit in together? Right now, if they played the playoffs, I think they'd face Milwaukee in the first round. That's a coin flip series to me.

I like the roster but it's missing another superstar which I think isn't going to get them over the hump this year. They have positioned themselves well to go after another superstar (cough....Kawhi Leonard....cough) in the offseason but I don't think they have enough to get to the Finals this year, even with Lebron James as the main guy.

I've been singing the "they aren't making the Finals" tune for quite some time now and had some brief optimism when they made this trade but after it's sunk in, I've realized that these guys are just good role players....nothing more.

This entire post is the definition of bipolar. 

Going up against the 33-28 Milwaukee Bucks with Home court advantage is a coin flip? Lol come on man. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 9:30 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

This entire post is the definition of bipolar. 

Going up against the 33-28 Milwaukee Bucks with Home court advantage is a coin flip? Lol come on man. 

Some teams the Cavs don't match up well with. Milwaukee is one of them.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 10:53 AM

Just like last season, until a team in the east actually beats the cavs at full roster (meaning they have Love) in a 7 game series, I won't believe it.  I guarantee Vegas will have the Cavs the favorites.  I can't look at any team and legitimately think they will beat the cavs.  They might give them a tougher series, but beating them I don't see it.  

The playoffs are a whole different ballgame.  Not just the fact Lebron is more focused, but you have more practice time to prepare for one team.    Are we sticking to our bet that they don't make the finals btw?  We never established how long we change our avatar.  I propose the avatar can't be changed until the start of the next NBA season. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 11:36 AM
posted by like_that

Are we sticking to our bet that they don't make the finals btw? 

Definitely

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 12:22 PM

Smith is not one I can trust

cat_lover

Fri, Mar 2, 2018 12:39 PM

Maybe he doesn't like soup.