Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

kizer permanente

Wed, Feb 14, 2018 6:02 AM

yeah there's no reason for TT to be getting playing time over Nance.

ppaw1999

Wed, Feb 14, 2018 11:16 AM
posted by kizer permanente

yeah there's no reason for TT to be getting playing time over Nance.

I agree. I am now looking forward to when the Cavs start substituting for the starting five. It looks like they get better when the subs come in.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Feb 14, 2018 12:09 PM

Fucking Sacremento.

BR1986FB

Wed, Feb 14, 2018 12:12 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

This team is awesome. They’re so much better to watch than prior to the trades. 

This right here. After hearing all this shit come out about D-Wade & IT, I firmly believe LBJ was semi-tanking to show this front office there was no way they were getting back to the Finals with that roster. IT was just looking to fill up a stat sheet so he could "back up the Brink's truck." Much better defensively and more role players contributing.

QuakerOats

Wed, Feb 14, 2018 2:10 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

This team is awesome. They’re so much better to watch than prior to the trades. 

Amen.

The help on defense was great to see last time - multiple times when a player got beat there was help waiting at the bucket to challenge shots ...............damn that is good to see.  Builds trust and togetherness in a hurry. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Feb 15, 2018 1:15 PM

So glad we didn't do that deal.

BR1986FB

Thu, Feb 15, 2018 1:18 PM

Agreed. I like the way they are constructed now. Definitely think it gives him more incentive to stay if they have a very good showing in the playoffs.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Feb 22, 2018 10:54 PM

Waited 9 days for this? talk about a kick in the dick. JR "Mr 1st Quarter" at it again. SMH

BR1986FB

Fri, Feb 23, 2018 7:56 AM

I'm not going to beat them up over it. the honeymoon wasn't going to last for ever. Hate to sound like a Browns front office guy but this will be an ongoing process for them to mesh and play well together. There will be bumps in the road. Go back out and get this one tonight.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Feb 25, 2018 5:18 PM

Forgot how annoying Pau Gasol is to watch. He thinks he gets fouled every god damn time he touches the ball. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Feb 25, 2018 5:53 PM

Live and die by the 3. 8/31, gonna die. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 25, 2018 6:50 PM

LeBron not happy about only shooting 4 ft when he drove the lane “100x”

The league takes care of the shooters, not the drivers.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Feb 25, 2018 7:39 PM
posted by Ironman92

LeBron not happy about only shooting 4 ft when he drove the lane “100x”

The league takes care of the shooters, not the drivers.

I am glad he finally said something.  He gets raped all the time.  I lol'd when he said "chicks dig the long ball."

friendfromlowry

Sun, Feb 25, 2018 7:43 PM

If he’d shoot a three and fall down like he got shot after he’d get the call. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 25, 2018 8:00 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

If he’d shoot a three and fall down like he got shot after he’d get the call. 

Fuck that. My least favorite unnecessary thing in sports

SportsAndLady

Sun, Feb 25, 2018 9:20 PM
posted by Ironman92

Fuck that. My least favorite unnecessary thing in sports

I THINK he was being sarcastic since the spurs players did it about four times today. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 25, 2018 10:07 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I THINK he was being sarcastic since the spurs players did it about four times today. 

Oh I know...he gets dogged for his flops and flails on contact when he’s driving but so many do that Harden, Manu crap it drives my crazy. I seriously want someone to just run through them one time after they get one of those calls

friendfromlowry

Mon, Feb 26, 2018 9:31 AM

I notice it a lot more when I watch college, which doesn't shine much hope for the future. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 26, 2018 9:36 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I notice it a lot more when I watch college, which doesn't shine much hope for the future. 

The “cool” kids in high school have developed it as well, along with rolling the waistband of the shorts until they are mid thigh

friendfromlowry

Mon, Feb 26, 2018 9:45 AM
posted by Ironman92

The “cool” kids in high school have developed it as well, along with rolling the waistband of the shorts until they are mid thigh

Nice. I hadn't heard of that one.

I don't blame players for "falling" after shots. They can typically get off a clean look and if it's contested enough and they fall down, the refs seem to give them the benefit of the doubt a lot. Still irritating as shit, though. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Feb 26, 2018 9:45 AM
posted by Ironman92

lol really?  The cool thing used to be to have shorts at least 7 inches past your knees.   It's funny how some things just go in cycles.  Why not just design shorts to be shorter if that is the trend?

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 26, 2018 9:53 AM
posted by like_that

lol really?  The cool thing used to be to have shorts at least 7 inches past your knees.   It's funny how some things just go in cycles.  Why not just design shorts to be shorter if that is the trend?

Oh it’s coming. Some NBA guys have definitely started it (Harden/Russ)....but high school kids are rolling them 3x (crotch issues I would think lol)...OHSAA sent out an email to referees to strictly enforce the wear as made rule. Apparently a kid playing defense got his finger badly injured because offensive players shorts were rolled and got caught in draw strings