Browns Regular Season 2019 Season | Season of Dreams

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Sep 29, 2019 8:46 PM
posted by Laley23

I don’t think Baltimore is that great. Jackson just isn’t good enough of a passer. I see people talking about Lamar in MVP discussion, Chiefs v Ravens AFCG, Baltimore as a top 3 team in the league etc. Calm the fuck down, they beat the worst team in history; Arizona (unconvincingly if you watched); and got smoked for 2/3 of the game vs a real team with Jackson having 2-3 Hail Mary type plays caught in the attempted comeback.

Now, Browns have looked bad. But this still seems like a game where Baltimore comes back to earth and Cleveland rises to what we thought they could be. 

...yep.

Verbal Kint

Sun, Sep 29, 2019 10:27 PM

When do the starting CB come back?  The replacements were doing their best, but the non-press 6-8 yard passes could be had all day

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 1:49 AM

Now that I’ve slept on it and reflected on the game, thank god Freddie realized Chubb is on the roster. It also helped he remebered the quick release plays is what made the offense explode last year. It’s not a coincidence that Mayfield has his best game (even with the int, which partial blame goes to Landry) of the season.  I agree with BR (or was it someone else), Chubb is a star. Keep feeding Chubb and calling for quick release plays.  The home run plays are bound to follow, especially with OBJ.  

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 7:36 AM

Nice win...next...

BR1986FB

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 7:39 AM
posted by like_that

I agree with BR (or was it someone else), Chubb is a star. Keep feeding Chubb and calling for quick release plays.  The home run plays are bound to follow, especially with OBJ.  

It was me. In fact, in Justin's predictions thread I had him for OPOY. I've been pimping him in a Chubb vs Barkley argument for a year now. LOL...Chubb is a friggin' beast.

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 7:42 AM
posted by BR1986FB

It was me. In fact, in Justin's predictions thread I had him for OPOY. I've been pimping him in a Chubb vs Barkley argument for a year now. LOL...Chubb is a friggin' beast.

good for you, BR, and don't break your arm patting yourself on the back...fyi, Barkley is a friggin' beast as well..just sayin'

BR1986FB

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 8:14 AM
posted by vball10set

good for you, BR, and don't break your arm patting yourself on the back...fyi, Barkley is a friggin' beast as well..just sayin'

All about value. A RB at #2 is a stupid move.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 8:37 AM
posted by BR1986FB

All about value. A RB at #2 is a stupid move.

This. I will take Chubb in the 2nd over Barkley at #2 overall 1000000000000000x over. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 8:57 AM
posted by like_that

This. I will take Chubb in the 2nd over Barkley at #2 overall 1000000000000000x over. 

Exactly. Going into that draft I wanted Baker, Bradley Chubb & Nick Chubb with the 1st & 2nd rounders. In hindsight, really wish this team had two Chubb's instead of an injury prone Ward.

Barkley is a great back but those guys have short careers. I also think if Cl-Hue-less Jackson had played Chubb the whole season his numbers could've been comparable to Barkley's. At least on the rushing side.

In fact, I know it would never happen, but I think RB's should have a different pay scale or be eligible for FA earlier because of this short(er) shelf life.

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 10:21 AM
posted by like_that

No shit, captain obvious, and it's a helluva lot easier to say in hindsight.

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 10:24 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Exactly. Going into that draft I wanted Baker, Bradley Chubb & Nick Chubb with the 1st & 2nd rounders. In hindsight, really wish this team had two Chubb's instead of an injury prone Ward.

Barkley is a great back but those guys have short careers. I also think if Cl-Hue-less Jackson had played Chubb the whole season his numbers could've been comparable to Barkley's. At least on the rushing side.

In fact, I know it would never happen, but I think RB's should have a different pay scale or be eligible for FA earlier because of this short(er) shelf life.

LOL--you're a piece of work, BR, you really are.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 11:04 AM

Dont hate on Br just because you clamored for the Browns to draft Saquon and we’re perplexed at management when they traded Hyde.

BR1986FB

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 11:17 AM
posted by Laley23

Dont hate on Br just because you clamored for the Browns to draft Saquon and we’re perplexed at management when they traded Hyde.

And I don't even hate on Barkley. I'm just more about value. Barkley's a game changer but if I can get that in the 2nd round, that much more the better. Especially with how much RB's get beat up (see Barkley's current status).

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 2:31 PM
posted by like_that

lmao yes, it's ridiculous when ppl try and bring up Barkley anymore.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 3:46 PM
posted by BR1986FB

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/42987/Bradley-Chubb-Played-Through-Torn-ACL-In-Week-4

Sooooo Chubb will miss more games than Ward by end of the season....

(assuming Ward doesn't get injured again)

BR1986FB

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 8:09 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/42987/Bradley-Chubb-Played-Through-Torn-ACL-In-Week-4

Sooooo Chubb will miss more games than Ward by end of the season....

(assuming Ward doesn't get injured again)

Still would've rather had Chubb, opposite of Garrett, with the production he put up last year. Sure, he just injured his knee but I bet he has a longer career, and plays more games, than Ward. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Oct 1, 2019 4:09 AM
posted by vball10set

No shit, captain obvious, and it's a helluva lot easier to say in hindsight.

You can look at my posts since I have been a member of OC.  Drafting RBs in the first round is just dumb, especially in today’s NFL. I would have said this without hindsight. Sorry you get sensitive over Barkley.  He’s not on the field right now btw, which is pretty common for RBs. Great use of a 2nd overall pick LOL.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Oct 1, 2019 10:28 AM
posted by like_that

You can look at my posts since I have been a member of OC.  Drafting RBs in the first round is just dumb, especially in today’s NFL. I would have said this without hindsight. Sorry you get sensitive over Barkley.  He’s not on the field right now btw, which is pretty common for RBs. Great use of a 2nd overall pick LOL.

Not sensitive that he was the 2nd overall pick, just saying he's a helluva back is all--you seem to conveniently discount that when trying to prove your "point". I like Chubb, and Baker's definitely growing on me, so imo Dorsey made the right moves. However, the jury's still out on Kitchens, as I'm struggling to be convinced that this isn't too big for him...hope I'm (very) wrong.

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 1, 2019 10:55 AM
posted by vball10set

Not sensitive that he was the 2nd overall pick, just saying he's a helluva back is all--you seem to conveniently discount that when trying to prove your "point". I like Chubb, and Baker's definitely growing on me, so imo Dorsey made the right moves. However, the jury's still out on Kitchens, as I'm struggling to be convinced that this isn't too big for him...hope I'm (very) wrong.

I don't think anyone is saying Barkley's not a helluva back. He's pretty awesome but you just don't use a pick THAT high on a RB as they wear out quickly and get injured/shorter careers. We're seeing it right now with Barkley he's gotten a lot of use and will lose between 4-8 games of his career due to this. If you can get high production, cheaper, in a later round, that's the smart move.

BR1986FB

Wed, Oct 2, 2019 12:21 PM

No surprise here...Kirksey done for the year after pec surgery.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Oct 2, 2019 12:23 PM
posted by BR1986FB

No surprise here...Kirksey done for the year after pec surgery.

Probably won't be a Brown again

BR1986FB

Wed, Oct 2, 2019 3:19 PM
posted by iclfan2

Probably won't be a Brown again

Can't make the club when you're always in the tub....

kizer permanente

Thu, Oct 3, 2019 11:48 AM

I see Grossi is done. 

About time.