2018 MLB Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 28, 2018 11:08 PM
posted by BRF

Right. 

A ball touches the dirt, thrown out. 

A pitcher doesn't like how it feels...thrown out. 

If I recall, back in the day on like little league and even high school, didn't the ump have a ball bag in his front below his guard with baseballs in it from fouls and such? He would just rotate them around.

Foul ball, some little kid or adult foamer would run and get it and throw it back. 

In high school as the home team you retrieved the foul balls....if I wasn’t up or on deck I would jack up those seams with my fingernails.lol Pitchers are dirty.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jul 7, 2018 10:13 PM

Mark Reynolds didn’t have a team to start the season

Tonight for the Nats he is 5/5 including 2 HR and a double and 10 RBI

Classyposter58

Sun, Jul 8, 2018 1:24 AM

Offense seems to be up this week with the hot weather. Fantasy baseball league scores are thru the roof this week in our league

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jul 8, 2018 10:07 PM

Ohtani just a special athlete

Classyposter58

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 9:32 PM

Reading today’s ESPN article I’m kinda for reigning in the shift a tad. Not an all out ban but something needs to be done. I think keeping everyone on the dirt would be a good move. So many hits taken away and you really aren’t rewarded for hitting opposite way. 

Seems kind of like a golf course making itself very narrow to counter the latest drivers. Instead of just using 5wood or hybrid off the tee and basically taking myself out of a birdie, I’ll just keep mashing it and hope it works out. That’s what these players are doing

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 10:52 PM

I’d be in favor of having no more than 2 players on either side of 2B. If you want to play the SS/2B right on the base that’s fine. Even running when pitch is made. 

The shift doesn’t really bother too much, but I do think MLB needs to do something about it. This seems like the best compromise. 

BRF

Wed, Jul 11, 2018 11:17 PM

I don't like the shifts much, but I think you should be able to play defense wherever you want. 

I haven't read the article yet, but I will and see if it changes my mind. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jul 11, 2018 11:30 PM
posted by BRF

I don't like the shifts much, but I think you should be able to play defense wherever you want. 

I haven't read the article yet, but I will and see if it changes my mind. 

I don’t completely disagree. But people keep saying why should baseball be the only sport who limits where players can go...

...as if football, lacrosse, volleyball, etc don’t do the same damn thing. If it improves the game, which I believe it would, theybshould implement restrictions.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jul 11, 2018 11:47 PM

Shift seems to be hurting guys Harper, D Murphy, Polanco, Carpenter, Heyward, Corey Seager and many more but why not hurting Jose Ramirez, Freddie Freeman and a few others? Definitely affecting lefties and just glancing down list of top hitters....it’s righty loaded big time

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 8:00 PM

I’ll go Harper I suppose 

Jesus and Baez might steal the show

Hopefully there is a show. Participants are mostly underwhelming....but sometimes it’s the best when you least expect it. See Todd Frazier

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 9:46 PM

Schwarber in the finals and streaking the show. Muncy might steal Schwarbers show

superman

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 9:52 PM

Schwarber is so much fun to watch.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 10:11 PM

Schwarber’s pitcher is perfect

He’s dead from swinging and it’s 90 and humid 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 10:50 PM

I was in LF seats at GABP in 2015 so I’m biased...but that was special by Harper and Dad

cat_lover

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 11:07 PM

Agree that was special with Harper and his Dad. Dad looked like he was running out of gas and the crowd was getting on him.Then Bryce got hot ,Dad got a second wind and Harper won. Very fun to watch.

Verbal Kint

Wed, Jul 18, 2018 8:24 AM
posted by Ironman92

Always thought this was obvious team with Seager out

Yeah, surprised it did not happen sooner

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Jul 23, 2018 3:58 PM

A 76-pitch complete game is pretty incredible. Less than 9 pitches per inning on average.

Classyposter58

Mon, Jul 23, 2018 8:28 PM

Baltimore is easily the worst team since the 03 Tigers. 28-72 is so fucking bad, I fear for this team without Machado

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jul 24, 2018 11:40 AM
posted by Classyposter58

Baltimore is easily the worst team since the 03 Tigers. 28-72 is so fucking bad, I fear for this team without Machado

I read that their record through 100 games is worse than their record through 100 when they started the season 0-21 around 30 years ago or whenever.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jul 31, 2018 9:10 PM

Here come the Nats! Geesh

Thru 5 innings they are up 19-0, lowest runs in an inning was 3