2018 MLB Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jun 12, 2018 12:12 AM

Brutal ending for the Brewers....leading rival Cubs 2-1 in 8th with Hader pitching and they lose by 5 and Cain banged hard into the wall.

Cubs now in 1st

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jun 12, 2018 7:10 PM

ESPN game tonight Braves vs Mets...Braves are honoring Hank Aaron and he will be in the broadcast booth for 3 or 4 innings.

BR1986FB

Wed, Jun 13, 2018 12:07 PM

At 35 years old, coming off underwhelming seasons, it could be time to wrap it up for Miggy. Dude used to be a Tribe killer. Every time he came up against the Indians you just knew he was going deep or at least clearing the bases with a double or something. Now he's just a shell of his former self.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jun 13, 2018 12:30 PM
posted by BR1986FB

At 35 years old, coming off underwhelming seasons, it could be time to wrap it up for Miggy. Dude used to be a Tribe killer. Every time he came up against the Indians you just knew he was going deep or at least clearing the bases with a double or something. Now he's just a shell of his former self.

He is guaranteed like $30M a year for next 5 years. He aint going ANYWHERE.

BR1986FB

Wed, Jun 13, 2018 12:32 PM
posted by Laley23

He is guaranteed like $30M a year for next 5 years. He aint going ANYWHERE.

LOL @ Detroit

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Jun 13, 2018 12:54 PM

Ah yeah, the good old days where teams would regularly lock up their stars by giving them lifetime security with a fat contract that lasted so long that there was no logical way the team would get respectable value for more than (at most) half its duration.

And veteran players were wondering why so many of them went unsigned in free agency over the past offseason. Lol.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jun 13, 2018 6:10 PM

We can laugh at Detroit, because they have some major issues with their rebuild (unlike Chicago, who has done masterfully). But, they had a window and went for it. EVERY. YEAR. I respect them for that, even though it crippled them for the foreseeable future. I wouldn’t hate the Tribe is they took a similar approach.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jun 13, 2018 10:09 PM

Josh Hader is 78th in NL in innings pitched

He’s 11th in stri

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jun 13, 2018 10:17 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 14, 2018 6:19 PM

Classyposter58

Thu, Jun 14, 2018 7:32 PM
posted by Laley23

We can laugh at Detroit, because they have some major issues with their rebuild (unlike Chicago, who has done masterfully). But, they had a window and went for it. EVERY. YEAR. I respect them for that, even though it crippled them for the foreseeable future. I wouldn’t hate the Tribe is they took a similar approach.

It was awesome. Just think they screwed up by not keeping their money wrapped up in pitching, a Verlander-Scherzer-Price-Porcello rotation would be deadly and allow some breathing room for the younger offensive guys

BRF

Thu, Jun 14, 2018 7:40 PM

Throwing 278 pitches. SMH

There wasn't much counting back in the day. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Jun 26, 2018 2:09 PM
posted by Laley23

Wet dreams for days.

and then this...

http://www.toledoblade.com/DavidBriggs/2018/06/26/Indians-need-to-throw-caution-to-breeze-go-all-in-for-Manny-Machado.html

USA Today reports Cleveland is one of the three frontrunners to land the free-agent-to-be Machado, along with Philadelphia and St. Louis. Our advice: Go for it. Imagine a lineup that begins with Lindor (19 HR, .917 on-base-plus-slugging percentage), Brantley (11 HR, .869 OPS), Ramirez (23 HR, 1.016 OPS), and Machado (19 HR, .935 OPS) — all of whom boast a top-25 OPS — to say nothing of the team’s leading run producer, Edwin Encarnacion (18 HR, 53 RBIs).

...to which I say--hellz yes!

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jun 26, 2018 2:54 PM

Yeah, Ive said before, not sure anyone on this roster I wouldn't give up for half a season of him. Not to mention the defense...

McKenzie is maybe the only untouchable? Not sure Baltimore even wants Mejia since they have a decent catching prospect themselves. But, if they do, send him. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jun 27, 2018 10:58 PM

Angels pitcher covering home....I recommend not watching when you come across it. 

Iliketurtles

Thu, Jun 28, 2018 9:13 AM
posted by Ironman92

Angels pitcher covering home....I recommend not watching when you come across it. 

I just went and watched it. Didn't think it was anything terrible. Just really sucks for him. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 28, 2018 9:59 AM
posted by Iliketurtles

I just went and watched it. Didn't think it was anything terrible. Just really sucks for him. 

Watching it live and they super slowed down and it was like his foot was the wrong way for 15 seconds. I watched as long as i cared to, turned my head to not watch anymore and went back to it and it was worse lol. Didn’t look terrible live and I imagine a normal slow speed replay not to bad.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 28, 2018 2:29 PM

Ugh.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 28, 2018 4:15 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 28, 2018 4:16 PM
posted by Ironman92

Even 20 years ago I think they were up to around 80-90 a game. I think nowadays they use around 120 a game. Ridiculous

BRF

Thu, Jun 28, 2018 10:39 PM
posted by Ironman92

Ridiculous

Right. 

A ball touches the dirt, thrown out. 

A pitcher doesn't like how it feels...thrown out. 

If I recall, back in the day on like little league and even high school, didn't the ump have a ball bag in his front below his guard with baseballs in it from fouls and such? He would just rotate them around.

Foul ball, some little kid or adult foamer would run and get it and throw it back.