2017 NFL chatter, continued...

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Dec 22, 2017 11:22 PM
posted by justincredible

Considering how easily they can track the path of a baseball in all MLB parks, I'm surprised they haven't figured this out yet.

The baseballs are being tracked by a special camera. Fixed location and can look for specific things. Similar to the shottracer in golf.

NFL is tough cause of the moving First Down yard. Now, goallines could be used fairly easily, but the speed of which relaying a crossing would need ironed out. It would definitely solve the plays where they can't see the ball line on a first a goal halfback dive and shit. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 23, 2017 7:27 PM

Fucking ravens get away with a mugging to end the Colts game tonight. The NFL sucks. Dumb calls that aren’t penalties and no flags when there is obvious PI. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Dec 23, 2017 11:19 PM

Brett Hundley sucks

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 23, 2017 11:43 PM

Jeff Fisher 5-6

Marvin Lewis 0-7

Career Postseason Record

thavoice

Sun, Dec 24, 2017 8:45 AM

Just could not get into the Saturday games....Army and SDSU was the game of the day.

Some Steeler fans ranting at the release of Harrison.   Apparently he has been a little whiney bitch this season saying of he knew this what his pt was gonna be he woulda signed elsewhere.     Workout machine but wasn't producing.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 24, 2017 2:28 PM

Todd Gurley playing some serious leapfrog  today in the race for NFL MVP 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Dec 24, 2017 4:36 PM

Bizarre stat of the day: Chicago is now 4-0 vs AFC North teams and 1-10 against the rest of their schedule.

Mulva

Sun, Dec 24, 2017 5:02 PM

Jimmy G is the truth

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 24, 2017 8:56 PM
posted by Mulva

Jimmy G is the truth

But but but, matt cassel!!

Classyposter58

Sun, Dec 24, 2017 9:37 PM

Lions fucking suck

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 25, 2017 8:06 PM

Saw video of AB walking...no bueno. I don’t know how he injured his calf on that play. I had same damn injury but I am 12 levels below a world class athlete and was wearing bad shoes (without my insoles), has ran a XC practice then played a long game of full court basketball. It popped and it sucked. Brown walking like I was for a few weeks.

I honestly do not see him being effective before the Super Bowl. The bye gives his rehab a chance to be ready by the divisional round...but I’ll believe it when I see it. If fortunate to make AFC Championship I’d wager on him trying to play but reinjuring or just being totally useless. IF the Super Bowl happened for the Steelers I could see his elite conditioning and top notch rehab making him a viable on the field player...but not the AB we know.

I hope he makes me look even dumber than I am.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 26, 2017 4:26 PM

In the most predictable news ever...the Patriots pick up James Harrison

thavoice

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 11:39 AM

Steelers:

12-4.

Division champs

First round bye.

Impressive season but without the home field and AB not 100% Idon't see a SB title so I look to 2018 as the window is closing quickyl.  Bellneeds to be in camp even if he gets very few snaps in preseason games.

Harrison leaving....he didn't want to be here with his limited role which sucks.....he is a Steeler through and through. Still believe the NFC wins it all but if not I guess watching him get a ring will be an acceptable result.

Automatik

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 11:41 AM

Acceptable result? lol

He has two, and he went out like a whiney bitch. Later James!

thavoice

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 11:45 AM
posted by Automatik

Acceptable result? lol

yeah he was a whineybitch.  Falling asleep, trying to get released but if the Steelers don't win it I'm okay with him getting another but I am on record believing the NFC takes it this year.    

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 12:02 PM

I don’t condone how Harrison bitched or that he bitched but I do understand him wanting to play and be out there. He crazy. His wiring probably keeps him from understanding or being rational about his field time. I thought he was done when he went to the Bengals and did little.

thavoice

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 12:09 PM
posted by Ironman92

I don’t condone how Harrison bitched or that he bitched but I do understand him wanting to play and be out there. He crazy. His wiring probably keeps him from understanding or being rational about his field time. I thought he was done when he went to the Bengals and did little.

Same and I guess it was too much to ask for him to be professional about it all.   Workout warrior but just didn't have it anymore.   Maybe if he would have conducted himself better he may have seen a few more snaps to prove he could dominate......or not.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 1:24 PM
posted by Automatik

Acceptable result? lol

Precisely. He was a great player for a long time, but was past his prime this year and couldn't get on the field. So he whined until he got released and immediately signed with the Pats. Fuck him and fuck them.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 2:22 PM

All of this whining coming from the Pittsburgh fan base is comical considering most didn't seem to have an issue signing Joe Haden. One of your team's washed up sucky players left for a rival just like one of our team's washed up sucky players (Haden) signed with the team you root for. Shit happens. I was kind of pissed when Haden left, not because he was still any good, but because it was Pittsburgh. Harrison essentially did the same thing.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 2:26 PM
posted by BR1986FB

All of this whining coming from the Pittsburgh fan base is comical considering most didn't seem to have an issue signing Joe Haden. One of your team's washed up sucky players left for a rival just like one of our team's washed up sucky players (Haden) signed with the team you root for. Shit happens. I was kind of pissed when Haden left, not because he was still any good, but because it was Pittsburgh. Harrison essentially did the same thing.

Haden looked pretty good holding down Hopkins!

Automatik

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 2:34 PM

So the Haden and Harrison situations are the same? 

LOL....Haden is 10 years younger, cheap, and still plays meaningful snaps.

thavoice

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 2:36 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Every one wants to end up on a winner.  Haden.  Harrison.  Charles this weekend begging to get released from the Broncos to sign with a playoff team.   I don't have an issue with Harrison signing with them.  I just have a problem with him being a bitch all season internally.   When he plays in the SB I'll be pulling for him over the NFC team

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 3:42 PM
posted by BR1986FB

+1, the hyocrisy makes you laugh.  I also find it funny that the same organization that develops scumbbags is shocked that the same person is now a scumbag directed at them.  Very ironic.  

Automatik

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 4:09 PM

I don't think anyone is shocked. Harrison has been going to the beat of his own drum since...forever. 

thavoice

Thu, Dec 28, 2017 4:50 PM

As expected BR and Bell won't play against the browns.  Landry jones will get the nod with little help.   I would not be surprised if JuJu doesn't play much either.  Just hate losing to Cleveland!

So 2 weeks off before facing the Jags I presume with that stout defense.