2017 NFL chatter, continued...

Home Forums Sports

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 1:42 PM

Wilson's another good pick. I think he's the only reason Seattle has an offense and is in contention for the postseason.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 3:25 PM
posted by justincredible

He was certainly having a fantastic year, but I think just as easy of a case could be made for Brady to be the MVP.

Between the numbers and the eye test...I just think Wentz was having a better all-around year.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 5:38 PM

no suspensions from Seattle game, Bennett better at least get fined. What a pos.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 11:37 PM

Imagine if Rapistfucker's bs came out now. Doubt he's still playing football today. SMH

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 11:42 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Imagine if Rapistfucker's bs came out now. Doubt he's still playing football today. SMH

I want to make an Ike Taylor getting burnt deep joke but can’t get the wording to not sound offensive.

That’s a lot of damn employees. Not running too tight of ship at the network it sounds

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 11:45 PM

Pats 0-11 on 3rd down. What?

Dolphins have bullied around the Pats but need a recovery to keep faint hopes for WC alive

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 6:45 AM

Love seeing the Pats get beat like that. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 7:46 AM
posted by justincredible

Love seeing the Pats get beat like that. 

Dolphins pressured Brady and gave him some hits. Maybe he’ll have some lingering effects that cripple him some for Steelers game...but also, when has he ever struggled two games in a row? Gronk will be back which is a gigantic weapon of course.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 8:57 AM

Last night puts a pretty big dent in Brady's MVP case.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 9:56 AM
posted by justincredible

Same with Russell Wilson Sunday....but if either plays great in their upcoming huge game this Sunday...they’ll be in top consideration.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 10:35 AM
posted by Ironman92

Same with Russell Wilson Sunday....but if either plays great in their upcoming huge game this Sunday...they’ll be in top consideration.

Maybe, but at least Wilson lost to a probable division winning team with arguably the best defense in the NFL. The Dolphins defense is below average pretty much across the board.

thavoice

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 11:38 AM
posted by justincredible

I hadn't realized his issues in Miami in his career.   They looked as bad as I've ever seen them......but still almost pulled out a win.  With Gronk back and getting embarrassed I expect a totally diff team.   

Steelers defense was just terrible and I'm not sure they can overcome that against tb12

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 9:47 PM
posted by justincredible

Maybe, but at least Wilson lost to a probable division winning team with arguably the best defense in the NFL. The Dolphins defense is below average pretty much across the board.

Brady didn’t throw 3 interceptions though

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 11:01 PM
posted by Ironman92

No, but 1 TD and  2 INTs vs the Dolphins seems much worse than 3 TDs and 3 INTs vs the Jags. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 11:24 PM
posted by Ironman92

He threw 2 lol

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 9:19 AM

Hand up, I will admit I was wrong about Russell Wilson.  There I said it.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 9:35 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

He threw 2 lol

I thought he threw 1. Both he and Wilson had poor games and neither helped their MVP rank. I expect both to jump right back in though.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 9:40 AM

Just practicing my multi quote abilities

thavoice

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 4:12 PM
posted by ppaw1999

http://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/nfl-network-suspends-marshall-faulk-ike-taylor-heath-evans-pending-harassment-investigation.html

Everyday a new allegation. Lock 'em up!

I find it a bit suspicous that one lady has allegations against those three and I believe 3-4 more.   She was fired a year or two ago.  Just seems a bit.....odd and I am not totally buying and think that MAYBE she was somewhat complicent/reciprocating and/or was someone who just got around at the work place for the attention.   

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Dec 15, 2017 8:46 AM

Jets OC openly admits that he quit trying to score with 11 minutes left in the game, down 3 scores.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/john-morton-admits-gave-jets-trailing-denver-article-1.3698894

It only takes one play to change the momentum of a game, this admission is pretty damning. The team refused to tank for a top QB as they wanted to build a "winning culture." And now this.

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 15, 2017 12:35 PM

Just goes to show you how flawed the quarterback rating system is. With the games Wentz, Brady and even (recently) TheRapist have put up and Brock Osweiler has the highest rating of any QB, in a game, this year? LOL

Terry_Tate

Sat, Dec 16, 2017 10:56 PM

There's going to be quite a few fantasy football games decided from that no-catch call on the Hunt "TD".  Looked like he maintained possession through the ground to me but nothing surprises me on those types of calls.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 17, 2017 10:13 AM

Rejoice Bengals fans, Schefter reporting Marvin Lewis is out.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Dec 17, 2017 2:52 PM

Bryce Petty not showing much for the Jets.