Covid-19 discussion, continued...

QuakerOats

Thu, Dec 30, 2021 12:24 PM

sign have we tried throwing politician into volcano to appease virus yet

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Dec 30, 2021 3:41 PM

I wonder if the Trump fanboys are struggling with his ringing endorsement of Covid vaccines?  What brought this to mind was that I was reading that Trump's friend Alex Jones is threatening to "dish the dirt" on him for coming out in favor of people getting vaccinated.  

Granted he isn't wearing a mask while walking alone on a beach ala Uncle Joe.  But it is hard to reconcile with his 4D chess playing.  

Gardens35

Thu, Dec 30, 2021 3:50 PM

Quietly get vaxxed, loudly deny that you did.

sportchampps

Fri, Dec 31, 2021 11:44 PM
posted by Gardens35

Quietly get vaxxed, loudly deny that you did.

Who? I’m not sure I know anyone who denied they did?

Fletch

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 8:37 AM

So did anyone listen the Rogan podcast with the mRNA inventor?

Even if half of its true,  we have all been taken for a ride.  

queencitybuckeye

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 8:54 AM
posted by Fletch

Can I get to that podcast from peoplesayingshitiwanttohear.com?

Fletch

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 8:58 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Can I get to that podcast from peoplesayingshitiwanttohear.com?

You obviously dont know anything about how Rogan does his thing.  Just hold the line and make sure that the narrative is kept up.  

queencitybuckeye

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 9:30 AM
posted by Fletch

You obviously dont know anything about how Rogan does his thing.  Just hold the line and make sure that the narrative is kept up.  

Terrible actor, MMA shill. Sounds like the resume of someone to listen to regarding a pandemic.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 11:18 AM

Terrible actor, MMA shill. Sounds like the resume of someone to listen to regarding a pandemic.

I’ve never listened but my buddy who is about as level-headed as they come keeps urging me to listen to Rogan. Said he’s as interesting as can be and is as in the middle as you can be. Looks at all sides and then goes with his thoughts.

Fletch

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 1:23 PM
posted by Ironman92

I’ve never listened but my buddy who is about as level-headed as they come keeps urging me to listen to Rogan. Said he’s as interesting as can be and is as in the middle as you can be. Looks at all sides and then goes with his thoughts.

This is a good take.  He is a Libertarian and could care less about Republicans and Democrats.  Based his judgments on facts and whether people infringe on  his freedoms.  

People that dismiss him because he is anti lockdown and anti vax mandate are idiots.  

jmog

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 1:58 PM

The fallacy of your argument is that you should be listening to the scientist in that interview and don’t discredit the scientist just because you don’t like the interviewer.

Rotinaj

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 2:14 PM
posted by Ironman92

I listen every now and the. He has some good guests and they talk about some pretty interesting subjects. I can’t listen when the topic is covid anymore. He sounds almost as goofy as our buddy Fletch a lot of the times regarding it.

queencitybuckeye

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 2:18 PM
posted by jmog

The fallacy of your argument is that you should be listening to the scientist in that interview and don’t discredit the scientist just because you don’t like the interviewer.

I can listen to the scientists in any number of venues without getting opinions from a talk show host.

superman

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 4:59 PM

I can listen to the scientists in any number of venues without getting opinions from a talk show host.

That's the problem, you can't listen to the scientists that go against the narrative because they get censored. 

jmog

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 5:18 PM

The point was that specific scientist as he was one of the originators of the mRNA techn

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 5:47 PM

Which of the “scientists” think it’s acceptable, two years in, to shut schools down again? Or is it laziness? 

queencitybuckeye

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 5:51 PM
posted by superman

That's the problem, you can't listen to the scientists that go against the narrative because they get censored. 

Real doctors, no. Quacks like chiropractors who pretend to be experts in the field, also no.

superman

Sat, Jan 1, 2022 11:33 PM
Real doctors, no. Quacks like chiropractors who pretend to be experts in the field, also no.

Wrong again.

https://www.riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/modern-day-censorship/big-tech-censorship-twitter-permanently-suspends-mrna-inventor-dr-robert-malone/amp/

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Jan 2, 2022 4:33 AM

Considering the history of Rogan's podcast and the guests he gets from all spectrums, I don't agree with QCB's attitude toward Rogan.  On the other hand, I appreciate QCB's approach of simply not listening or paying attention to him.  What a concept.  It's much better than censoring* content or crying for content to be censored.  The irony is not lost on me of people who cry about echo chambers creating radicalized thoughts, while failing to recognize censoring these thoughts leads to these echo chambers.  

Contrary to belief, Dr. Malone is not some witch doctor or a chiropractor.  Based on what is available with his record, he seems pretty credible to me in the medical field.  He even allegedly worked with Fauci.  Who knows if he has an ulterior motive, but he does bring up interesting points in the interview.  All I know is censoring him is not the answer. 

*Inb4 posters chime in that "PrIvaTe CoMpAniEs CaN dO WaT tHeY WanT,"  even though they actually truly don't believe this (I do). 

kizer permanente

Sun, Jan 2, 2022 10:20 AM
posted by Fletch

Lol the larger problem is people like you believe there a guy who claims he’s, singularly, the inventor of mRNA technology. Anyone who’s listened to the guy knows he’s a narcissist and delusional. That combo doesn’t lend itself to credibility. 

Just like anything else, there’s literally thousands of people who are responsible for this technology. It’s shocking a narcissist who doesn’t get all the fame and attention he feels he deserves would hold a grudge. Just shocking. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Jan 2, 2022 11:28 AM

Admitting that anything short of N95 masks were just for show?

queencitybuckeye

Sun, Jan 2, 2022 12:36 PM
posted by like_that

Considering the history of Rogan's podcast and the guests he gets from all spectrums, I don't agree with QCB's attitude toward Rogan.  On the other hand, I appreciate QCB's approach of simply not listening or paying attention to him.  What a concept.  It's much better than censoring* content or crying for content to be censored.  The irony is not lost on me of people who cry about echo chambers creating radicalized thoughts, while failing to recognize censoring these thoughts leads to these echo chambers.  

Contrary to belief, Dr. Malone is not some witch doctor or a chiropractor.  Based on what is available with his record, he seems pretty credible to me in the medical field.  He even allegedly worked with Fauci.  Who knows if he has an ulterior motive, but he does bring up interesting points in the interview.  All I know is censoring him is not the answer. 

*Inb4 posters chime in that "PrIvaTe CoMpAniEs CaN dO WaT tHeY WanT,"  even though they actually truly don't believe this (I do). 

Thanks for your opinions on my post, including or especially the parts on which we disagree. I'm not a fan of podcasts in general which may largely be due to my age, which has me leaning more toward more old school forms of communication.

Just to clarify, my reference to a chiropractor was not referencing Dr. Malone. There was a chiropractor online who was getting a lot of run from the Trumpkins agreeing with his posts/videos confirming their preconceived opinions. They referenced him as Doctor Whateverhisnameis without mentioning him as a Doctor of Chiropractic, which makes him an expert in virology about as much as a diesel mechanic, software developer, or Doordash driver.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jan 2, 2022 12:45 PM

I  find Rogan to be interesting and generally open minded.  I listened to this doctor.  He was convincing.  Then I researched his claim that he "invented MRNA" and that is very shady.  So unfortunately, it calls into the credibility of what he espouses in my mind.  

Fletch

Sun, Jan 2, 2022 12:46 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Lol the larger problem is people like you believe there a guy who claims he’s, singularly, the inventor of mRNA technology. Anyone who’s listened to the guy knows he’s a narcissist and delusional. That combo doesn’t lend itself to credibility. 

Just like anything else, there’s literally thousands of people who are responsible for this technology. It’s shocking a narcissist who doesn’t get all the fame and attention he feels he deserves would hold a grudge. Just shocking. 

Did you listen to him for 3 hours before you made this very opinionated post?  If not, refrain from the conversation since you obviously arent up to date on the topic.  I am sure Bill Gates is giving you all of your info from a medical standpoint.