Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Oct 17, 2021 11:28 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

and they call the others "sheep".

We’re all sheep to some extent.  I’ve gotten sucked into the media vortex plenty myself.  But like Spock, I realize I’m happier when I stay away. I have to fight that urge to “see what’s going on” or “keep informed”.  Then I realize all I’m doing is gravitating towards opinions I already agree with being spouted by people who are trying to enrage me so that I feel loyalty toward them for “telling it like it is”.  

They’re all in the business of selling me anger and anxiety.  I’m at my worst when I fall for it.  

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Oct 17, 2021 12:00 PM

I’m not anti vaccine, I’m anti government mandate. So I’ll be rooting for chaos. I also don’t really believe the numbers of unvaccinated at these jobs, bc there definitely aren’t that many people who are willing to lose good jobs over it. 

Fletch

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 11:44 AM

Joe Rogan  had 2 great podcasts about Covid last week.  Alex berenson and Gupta.  

QuakerOats

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 1:27 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’m not anti vaccine, I’m anti government mandate. So I’ll be rooting for chaos. I also don’t really believe the numbers of unvaccinated at these jobs, bc there definitely aren’t that many people who are willing to lose good jobs over it. 

The economy will come to a standstill if they persist with the mandate.  Not that libs care. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 2:06 PM
posted by iclfan2

Luckily you didn't live during WW2 if you don't like mandates.  They were everywhere back then and way more burdensome than "take a shot so you won't get sick".

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 2:39 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Luckily you didn't live during WW2 if you don't like mandates.  They were everywhere back then and way more burdensome than "take a shot so you won't get sick".

The asians for sure would agree with you.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 4:43 PM
posted by like_that

Yes they would.

superman

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 6:15 PM
posted by like_that

Leave to it the dumbass Boogie to bring in more whataboutism

Fletch

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 7:24 PM

Uh here comes the next variant.  Get ready, CDC reporting that cases in the past 5 days nationally have dropped over 65% and deaths reported in the past few days arent over 200 nationally.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 9:26 PM
posted by superman

Leave to it the dumbass Boogie to bring in more whataboutism

Thought you had blocked me.  If not, glad to hear from you.  

Whataboutism...haha.  Is that that part of your 'narrative' - pointing out whataboutism?  It is the 'elephant in the room" after all.  You may 'move the needle' in getting people to look more closely at it.  But then again, you probably can't 'empty the ocean one spoonful at a time'.  I'm sure you have the 'gravitas' to make a difference here.  And the 'optics' of your argument are strong here.  So keep your 'swagger' and don't 'walk it back'.  'At the end of the day', pointing out whataboutism is the 'new normal'.  Oh well, 'it is what it is'.  You my friend are a 'thought leader'.

kizer permanente

Wed, Oct 20, 2021 10:36 AM
posted by gut

I hear the gorillas are strongly anti-vax

Nah, It's the Trumpanzees. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Oct 20, 2021 4:33 PM
posted by like_that

Harambe should have been alive to see this day. 

NEVER FORGET!

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Oct 20, 2021 4:40 PM
posted by like_that

Harambe should have been alive to see this day. 

He lives on in my heart.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Oct 21, 2021 1:04 PM

What an absolute joke.

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 22, 2021 10:43 AM

tweet rand paul nih collins told you so fauci