Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 10:34 AM
posted by justincredible

Did Biden say we'll need to get the 97-98% vaccination rates before things get back to normal? I remember when it was 60-70% of the population would need immunity. I remember when Fauci said they wouldn't require vaccines. I remember when it was 2 weeks to flatten the curve so we don't overwhelm hospitals and now NY is going to fire 16% of their healthcare workers and replace them with National Guardsmen, who, if medically trained, will just be shifting them from one facility to another. Understand that getting back to normal is not the goal.

This. Never. Ends.

My HS freshman football coach always threatened with extra sprints if we didn't give "110%" at all times.  Maybe Biden is working up to this.

Automatik

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 10:42 AM
posted by justincredible

Yes, I know. My wife tells me the same thing. I'm working on it.

I used to do the same thing. Read about COVID all fucking day in my cell of an apartment in NYC, get pissed, get anxious. "When will it end?!"

Then I got vaxxed, stopped reading, stopped giving a shit. Went on with my life. Massive improvement of my overall mood. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 10:49 AM
posted by Ironman92

I’ll go 80-85%

Yeah, an important rule is to never listen to CC when it comes to anything involving math or percentages. Too much for his pea-sized brain to comprehend. Was in the local Kroger doing grocery shopping yesterday and I'd say it was 20-25% wearing them. In part due to them being mandated for employees, but a noticeable number (although nowhere near the majority) of customers had them on. Tended to lean towards the elderly being the wearers.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 11:00 AM

I swear I see more young people than old people wearing masks whenever I'm out.

Fletch

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 11:02 AM
posted by justincredible

I swear I see more young people than old people wearing masks whenever I'm out.

Mental health disorders

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 11:19 AM
posted by Heretic

Yeah, an important rule is to never listen to CC when it comes to anything  

FYP

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 11:20 AM
posted by Fletch

Mental health disorders

Do masks help prevent those?

Automatik

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 11:20 AM

CC talking mental disorders, that's fucking rich. 

I'm currently in Playa Del Carmen. People with masks on outside is fairly common. It's also crowded on the main streets and vaxx issuing is rather slow here, so I get it.

You'd all be appalled and full of faux outrage for sure. 

QuakerOats

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 12:02 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mike DeWine is a career public sponger just like the rest.  

He may well be, but at least he has done his part to:

champion lower taxes and reduce them

push the bureau of workers compensation to refund billions of dollars to Ohio employers

embrace the oil/gas industry and fracking which has helped create energy independence and vastly lower home heating costs

....among many solid iniatives. 

Far better to have him than the cuomo-type et.al. spongers 

QuakerOats

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 12:10 PM

babylon bee australian hospitals overrun cops beating maskless citizens

sportchampps

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 1:01 PM
posted by QuakerOats

He may well be, but at least he has done his part to:

champion lower taxes and reduce them

push the bureau of workers compensation to refund billions of dollars to Ohio employers

embrace the oil/gas industry and fracking which has helped create energy independence and vastly lower home heating costs

....among many solid iniatives. 

Far better to have him than the cuomo-type et.al. spongers 

I dunno I remember one of the first things he did was raise the gas tax and make EV pay fees 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 1:51 PM

Fletch

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 5:56 PM

I noticed COVID talk about vaccines went away pretty quickly when the winds of change blew in that BLM was going to ratchet up their machine about it.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 6:12 PM
posted by Fletch

I noticed COVID talk about vaccines went away pretty quickly when the winds of change blew in that BLM was going to ratchet up their machine about it.

No, no it didn't. Vaccine talk is still pretty big virtually everywhere I look.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 7:48 PM
posted by Heretic

No, no it didn't. Vaccine talk is still pretty big virtually everywhere I look.

Is anyone covering the protests though? I honestly don’t know, but I don’t watch the news. But I only saw it on “right wing” outlets. I’d be glad to be wrong. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 9:16 PM

My girlfriend's son and his wife are waiting on results of their Covid tests which they got late last night. Meanwhile, her boss (she works for a major insurance company) tells her to just take some Benadryl and come into work. Dumbass....

sportchampps

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 10:02 PM
posted by BR1986FB

My girlfriend's son and his wife are waiting on results of their Covid tests which they got late last night. Meanwhile, her boss (she works for a major insurance company) tells her to just take some Benadryl and come into work. Dumbass....

It’s crazy when most people can work at home for companies to make these demands. 

Fletch

Wed, Sep 29, 2021 11:02 AM

That is stupid

BR1986FB

Wed, Sep 29, 2021 12:49 PM
posted by sportchampps

It’s crazy when most people can work at home for companies to make these demands. 

Would serve him right if she had it, came into work on his demands, and gave it to him and he took it home to his family because of his dumbassery.

BR1986FB

Wed, Sep 29, 2021 2:11 PM

Just read where some companies are requiring your vaccine status to be on your resume. SMFH

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Sep 29, 2021 2:25 PM

This is getting really stupid, really fast.

BR1986FB

Wed, Sep 29, 2021 2:37 PM
posted by justincredible

This is getting really stupid, really fast.

Shit happens when the country is being directed by clueless dolts.

QuakerOats

Wed, Sep 29, 2021 4:38 PM

Transvaccinated Funny Trans Vaccinated Anti Vaccine Meme T-Shirt |  TeeShirtPalace

gut

Thu, Sep 30, 2021 9:37 AM

I think everyone probably saw this coming:

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/09/29/covid-flu-simultaneously/

“You can certainly get both the flu and Covid-19 at the same time, which could be catastrophic to your immune system,” said Burrowes, a family medicine physician and assistant professor of family medicine at the University of Central Florida.

“I’m definitely more concerned this year than I was a year ago,” he told CNN.