Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Gardens35

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 1:03 PM

The video ended just as the officer commanded the man to "Stop Resisting".

gut

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 3:01 PM

All I can say is, lucky for Australia that very few people commit the crime of "maskless while black".

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 3:23 PM
posted by gut

All I can say is, lucky for Australia that very few people commit the crime of "maskless while black".

I’m eagerly awaiting the BLM backlash on vaccine mandates. That said, the incident in NY was all on the visitors. Shocking, I know. 

gut

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 6:05 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’m eagerly awaiting the BLM backlash on vaccine mandates. That said, the incident in NY was all on the visitors. Shocking, I know.

I think the last several years have taught us these organizations (not the followers/movement) rarely go after Dems....because these organizations actually aren't real activists, but Democrat PAC's masquerading as legal 501c's.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 10:55 PM

Absolutely wild to see shit like this. The police are going door to door questioning about protests based on social media posts. Australians are probably going to need to shoot themselves out of this situation. The gov't is not going to relinquish this power otherwise. 

Convince me I'm wrong.

jmog

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 11:42 PM
posted by justincredible

Absolutely wild to see shit like this. The police are going door to door questioning about protests based on social media posts. Australians are probably going to need to shoot themselves out of this situation. The gov't is not going to relinquish this power otherwise. 

Convince me I'm wrong.

That's the point, they can't now. They allowed their guns to be confiscated years ago...i mean "bought back".

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 8:47 AM

They still have 3 million guns, give or take. 

jmog

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 10:46 AM
posted by justincredible

They still have 3 million guns, give or take. 

that's only 1 gun for about every 9 people. Hardly a resistance. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 10:59 AM

If one in nine Aussies took up arms against the gov't this shit ends immediately.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 11:02 AM

~60k cops and ~60k military personnel in Australia. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 2:39 PM

I'm headed up to Ohio next week to visit family.  What does career politician and infectious disease expert Mike DeWine require of me in terms of mask wearing in order to do my part to stop the spread of this horrible Covid killer?  Do I need a mask in buildings?  What about when I'm sleeping at night.  I'm happy to follow Mike's rules as he certainly knows what's best for me and my family.  I think anyone who's made a career out of political offices has to be pretty damn smart about all subjects.  

So what're Mike's mask rules right now?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 2:54 PM

Nothing state-wide. Columbus has a city-wide mask mandate but it's not being enforced as far as I know.

What part of Ohio are you visiting?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 2:56 PM
posted by justincredible

Nothing state-wide. Columbus has a city-wide mask mandate but it's not being enforced as far as I know.

What part of Ohio are you visiting?

Columbus and Cleveland

gut

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 2:57 PM

Covid or not, it's always advisable to wear a mask while in Cleveland

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 3:12 PM
posted by gut

Covid or not, it's always advisable to wear a mask while in Cleveland

I love Cleveland.  Lived there for 10 years and consider it the best place I've lived.  

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 4:35 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I'm headed up to Ohio next week to visit family.  What does career politician and infectious disease expert Mike DeWine require of me in terms of mask wearing in order to do my part to stop the spread of this horrible Covid killer?  Do I need a mask in buildings?  What about when I'm sleeping at night.  I'm happy to follow Mike's rules as he certainly knows what's best for me and my family.  I think anyone who's made a career out of political offices has to be pretty damn smart about all subjects.  

I am also headed to Ohio next week. 

QuakerOats

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 4:46 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Your infringements are currently being leveled federally now, except in cities run by communists. 

Fletch

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 7:59 PM

95% of Ohio is maskless.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 8:01 PM
posted by Fletch

95% of Ohio is maskless.

I’ll go 80-85%

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 9:01 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Your infringements are currently being leveled federally now, except in cities run by communists. 

Mike DeWine is a career public sponger just like the rest.  

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 9:25 AM

Did Biden say we'll need to get the 97-98% vaccination rates before things get back to normal? I remember when it was 60-70% of the population would need immunity. I remember when Fauci said they wouldn't require vaccines. I remember when it was 2 weeks to flatten the curve so we don't overwhelm hospitals and now NY is going to fire 16% of their healthcare workers and replace them with National Guardsmen, who, if medically trained, will just be shifting them from one facility to another. Understand that getting back to normal is not the goal.

This. Never. Ends.

Automatik

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 10:06 AM

I've said it several times. 

Limit. Your. Screen time. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 10:16 AM
posted by Automatik

I've said it several times. 

Limit. Your. Screen time. 

Yes, I know. My wife tells me the same thing. I'm working on it.