Covid-19 discussion, continued...

gut

Fri, Apr 16, 2021 3:08 AM
posted by Heretic

Well, that's how it's been for flu shots, at least for those who get those annually, so I wouldn't know why a person would think a variant would be one-and-done.

Pretty much only for flu shots.  Most other vaccines last years, if not a lifetime.  And that's normally the case with coronaviruses.  Mutations is a different story. 

But flu shots only provide protection for 6 months, and variant specific.  Again, coronavirus vaccines aren't flu shots.  Flu shots are kind of the exception here.

Verbal Kint

Fri, Apr 16, 2021 12:15 PM

Pass.  I think I'll go outside and get some fresh air, sun induced Vitamin D, and eat some steak with B12

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Apr 17, 2021 9:06 AM

Ontario has lost their minds. When every other lockdown attempt has failed, the logical thing to do is try another one, but make it way more tyrannical. That's sure to work.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Apr 17, 2021 9:36 AM
posted by justincredible

Ontario has lost their minds. When every other lockdown attempt has failed, the logical thing to do is try another one, but make it way more tyrannical. That's sure to work.

If the left had their way... 

I canā€™t believe theyā€™re doing this over a year in. And that people would comply. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Apr 17, 2021 9:39 AM

Looks like there are some PDs pushing back. Any officer that enforces this isn't fit for the job.

gut

Sat, Apr 17, 2021 1:31 PM
posted by justincredible

It's almost as if pseudo lockdowns don't work because people don't follow those orders in private residences.  As if the only solution is a vaccine.  But that would mean the orange man did something right that Canada and the EU couldn't figure out.  Oh, and Brexit seems to be working out a lot better for the Brits than the EU, too.

Spock

Sat, Apr 17, 2021 1:45 PM
posted by justincredible

"we all have personal responsability"  Really?  Then why the Communist state?

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Apr 17, 2021 8:04 PM

This retard is a head of a school union, and doesnā€™t understand that these people left the workforce bc the shit ass teachers decided they didnā€™t need to work. The comments are the lolz. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Apr 18, 2021 3:12 AM
posted by gut

It's almost as if pseudo lockdowns don't work because people don't follow those orders in private residences.  As if the only solution is a vaccine.  But that would mean the orange man did something right that Canada and the EU couldn't figure out.  Oh, and Brexit seems to be working out a lot better for the Brits than the EU, too.

I would say the UK has a very strong lead on the EU. 

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Mon, Apr 19, 2021 8:08 AM
posted by iclfan2

This retard is a head of a school union, and doesnā€™t understand that these people left the workforce bc the shit ass teachers decided they didnā€™t need to work. The comments are the lolz. 

This headline is weird. All women with young children, and somehow 15% more than that, left their jobs in 2020?

superman

Mon, Apr 19, 2021 8:51 AM
posted by brutus161

This headline is weird. All women with young children, and somehow 15% more than that, left their jobs in 2020?

At some point in the Tweet stream he corrects it to 11.5

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Mon, Apr 19, 2021 10:26 AM
posted by superman

At some point in the Tweet stream he corrects it to 11.5

Verbal Kint

Mon, Apr 19, 2021 12:48 PM
posted by iclfan2

Large city teachers unions are delusional of the real world 

Fletch

Mon, Apr 26, 2021 8:53 AM

Sheep

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Apr 26, 2021 1:17 PM

Michigan is tripping. Glad to see the response is almost fully negative.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Apr 26, 2021 1:42 PM
posted by justincredible

Michigan is tripping. Glad to see the response is almost fully negative.

These people are nuts. I would never make my 3 year old wear a mask. If she voluntarily does to Costco then sure, but forcing a kid to wear one all day at daycare is nuts. 

friendfromlowry

Mon, Apr 26, 2021 7:09 PM

I donā€™t understand the mocking of being vaccinated here. Vaccinations have been the end goal for like a year now. And now itā€™s finally happening and businesses donā€™t seem to care. 

gut

Mon, Apr 26, 2021 7:13 PM
posted by friendfromlowery
I donā€™t understand the mocking of being vaccinated here. Vaccinations have been the end goal for like a year now. And now itā€™s finally happening and businesses donā€™t seem to care. 

I hope the mask mandates end soon.  It sucks being on a plane or in the office for several hours with a mask on.  Mask wearing for hours on end sucks in general, but it doesn't bother me for an hour running errands.  And I've never worn one just walking around outside.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Apr 26, 2021 7:23 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Easy establishment to avoid.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Apr 27, 2021 12:35 AM
posted by justincredible

Easy establishment to avoid.

Beat me to it.  Easy decision to make. 

geeblock

Tue, Apr 27, 2021 6:33 AM

My brother drives for Uber and they require masks in cars or he will lose his eligibility to drive. He says he has to argue with people every single day about it. It is to the point now he doesnā€™t unlock the door if you donā€™t put your mask on, so maybe the restaurant is just trying to save the time on the whole mask conversation. Masks are still required so they can be fined. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Apr 27, 2021 7:52 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I think most places still require masks until everyone who wants a vaccine gets one. I'm sure you're not allowed to be barefoot or shirtless in there either. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 27, 2021 8:04 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I think most places still require masks until everyone who wants a vaccine gets one. I'm sure you're not allowed to be barefoot or shirtless in there either. 

Are we still at a point where itā€™s hard to get the vaccine? I canā€™t speak for outside of Ohio but itā€™s been open to anyone 16+ for like a month now right? Is the demand still outpacing the supply significantly?