Covid-19 discussion, continued...

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Jan 28, 2021 2:59 PM

I'll be 100% honest, I just don't even care anymore.  I listen to what my bosses tell me to do, but my attention to it is more along the lines of, "What is our government making us do now?"  I'm sorry.  It's time to move forward.  

Fletch

Thu, Jan 28, 2021 3:28 PM

We have been at this for a year now.  It’s been proven that our medical system can handle this.  

It’s time to just forget about it.  

jmog

Fri, Jan 29, 2021 8:25 AM
posted by like_that

Fab, depending on the event of course.

Right, 

purple=attending a protest with 1000s is ok...

Yellow=going to the bar is the same as murder  

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jan 29, 2021 2:02 PM

So, instead of letting people watch the Super Bowl outside, you'll just push them to gather privately to watch indoors. Makes sense. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Jan 29, 2021 4:13 PM

Everybody reopening now ...........  gee, imagine that

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jan 29, 2021 4:25 PM

Umm...what?

Automatik

Fri, Jan 29, 2021 5:40 PM
posted by justincredible

So, instead of letting people watch the Super Bowl outside, you'll just push them to gather privately to watch indoors. Makes sense. 

I didn't even know LA closed OUTDOOR dining. 

People are still holding onto that here. It's not going well. Real feel this afternoon was 3. That propane heater won't cut it. 

Indoor is supposed to open mid-Feb here. I heard a rumor that restaurants would need a permit and/or go through an inspection of some sort. I'm calling BS on that, not feasible.

Just discovered this outdoor sports bar last week. Made of shipping containers. Awesome concept. It's only been open 2 weeks, now rather impossible to get a table. Reservation mostly, a few for walkin.

https://g.page/tailgate-brooklyn?share

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jan 29, 2021 6:06 PM
posted by Automatik

Just discovered this outdoor sports bar last week. Made of shipping containers. Awesome concept. It's only been open 2 weeks, now rather impossible to get a table. Reservation mostly, a few for walkin.

https://g.page/tailgate-brooklyn?share

This is pretty cool. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jan 30, 2021 11:25 AM

Fred Garvin

Wed, Feb 3, 2021 8:29 AM

I tested positive for antibodies again. It's been 9 months now.

Had Covid the first week of May last year. The Red Cross tests for antibodies when you give blood. I have tested positive twice before (once at a hospital test and another through the Red Cross). I keep giving blood when possible to see how long the antibodies will last. I read yesterday that Tom Hanks's wife says she no longer has antibodies, and she is 10 months out. I think I can donate again in late March, so we will see.

Fletch

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 8:28 PM

So you need a negative test to fly in or out of the country but they just opened up the southern border and no test required.

Interesting

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 8:57 PM

My son, who wears his mask everywhere except basketball practice and during games. Today he has now been quarantined for the FOURTH time. A Chillicothe JV player got into the last 58 seconds of the varsity game. Video showed his forearm grazing my son’s jersey at the stomach....then a few cuts later his elbow touched my sons forearm area. Another player for us had his hand contact the player’s arm. My kid and the other kid (a senior) are out until the 20th and have to miss 5 games due to this direct contact.

This shit has to end. Dumb as fuck

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 10:09 PM

Wait, they’re basing quarantines off of contact from replay videos?

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 10:34 PM
posted by justincredible

Wait, they’re basing quarantines off of contact from replay videos?

Yes....yes they are

gut

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 11:52 PM

posted by Ironman92

This shit has to end. Dumb as fuck

The "contact" aspect seems pretty dumb, and pointless. I don't believe this is spread by touching, or surfaces or clothing.  If you're reviewing film, the people who should get quarantined are players within 3 feet for 15+ minutes over the course of a game.

58 seconds is, at the absolute worst, maybe 3 minutes of exposure.  And likely less than a minute of close contact.  It just seems unlikely that a healthy teenager would contract the virus in that scenario - I'd guess the data would show that's a nearly 100% accurate statement.

gut

Mon, Feb 8, 2021 11:57 PM

Also, 5 games?  I think it's like 5-7 days if your test results are negative.  If you caught the virus, then it's maybe 7-10 days.  If they're imposing a 14-day quarantine I think that's old science.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Feb 9, 2021 5:24 AM
posted by gut

Also, 5 games?  I think it's like 5-7 days if your test results are negative.  If you caught the virus, then it's maybe 7-10 days.  If they're imposing a 14-day quarantine I think that's old science.

They are and it’s all around for sports. He can return to school on the 16th and can be at game and sit on bench...but can’t compete until the 20th

Fletch

Tue, Feb 9, 2021 8:13 AM
posted by gut

Athletics is still 14 days regardless of negative on days 5 to 7. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 9, 2021 1:14 PM

This all sounds very overkill. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Feb 9, 2021 1:16 PM

I was looking back through old threads and I had posted a poll more than 10 months ago asking when things get back to normal. Never. The answer is never.

QuakerOats

Tue, Feb 9, 2021 1:49 PM
posted by Fletch

So you need a negative test to fly in or out of the country but they just opened up the southern border and no test required.

Interesting

The hypocrisy is immeasurable.