Covid-19 discussion, continued...

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Feb 9, 2021 1:57 PM

Automatik

Tue, Feb 9, 2021 1:59 PM
posted by Fletch

So you need a negative test to fly in or out of the country but they just opened up the southern border and no test required.

Interesting

What are you talking about specifically? I thought Mexico didn't get a shit entering or departing. I know people have been going there for months.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Feb 9, 2021 3:19 PM
posted by justincredible

I was looking back through old threads and I had posted a poll more than 10 months ago asking when things get back to normal. Never. The answer is never.

Of course it is never.  How many times have we seen the goalposts move since all of this started?  

Fletch

Tue, Feb 9, 2021 3:28 PM
posted by Automatik

What are you talking about specifically? I thought Mexico didn't get a shit entering or departing. I know people have been going there for months.

Illegal aliens coming across and none of them are getting tetaed

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 12:30 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 12:44 PM

They're really starting to push the double mask shit now.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 12:59 PM
posted by justincredible

What happened to "following the science"? Same thing with Biden's school opening plan, a bit underwhelming. His plan is to have at least 50% of schools with in-person classes 1 day a week. Pretty sure that is already happening, and is terribly low bar to set. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 1:35 PM

I got my 2nd dose about 8 hours ago.  So far I feel fine, but I am embracing to feel like shit tomorrow.

gut

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 2:42 PM

So Fauci recommended two masks, and then he said two masks is redundant.  And now the CDC recommends two masks.

Really glad to see Fauci following the science under Biden.  He's useless, and STILL one of the main people spreading misinformation.  Everyone understands it can be a moving target, but there's no excusing the above as following good science.

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 2:56 PM
posted by gut

So Fauci recommended two masks, and then he said two masks is redundant.  And now the CDC recommends two masks.

Really glad to see Fauci following the science under Biden.  He's useless, and STILL one of the main people spreading misinformation.  Everyone understands it can be a moving target, but there's no excusing the above as following good science.

As always in life, it depends. Apparently you just are not reading. The study is either or. Either wear a tighter mask or if you have a typical disposable mask, you need the extra protection of a cloth mask. This is all needed for the new version that is easier to transmit. 

I agree double masking is dumb, but when you actually read and understand why, it makes sense. The PR strategy for this whole just sucks as many people are just over it all. 

If anything we need a massive PR campaign to simply teach people how to wear a damn mask properly. 

The actual study is here: 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7007e1.htm?s_cid=mm7007e1_w%20[cdc.gov]

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/effective-masks.html

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:03 PM
posted by justincredible
In lab tests with dummies...

Sounds very sciency.

LOL. Yeah. 

I took from it just wear a tighter double sided cloth mask, which I have been doing for months. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:08 PM
posted by gut

You mean the guy that admitted he purposely moved the goal posts is useless? 

sportchampps

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:50 PM
posted by iclfan2

What happened to "following the science"? Same thing with Biden's school opening plan, a bit underwhelming. His plan is to have at least 50% of schools with in-person classes 1 day a week. Pretty sure that is already happening, and is terribly low bar to set. 

Low Bar is his 100 Million doses in 100 days. We were averaging above 1 million doses a day before Trump left office.

gut

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:51 PM
posted by like_that

You mean the guy that admitted he purposely moved the goal posts is useless? 

Yeah, I was slower to realize that then other people.  I understood not recommending masks early on (even the WHO did that, I believe).  But pretty much all they had to do was call Amazon to save masks for hospitals, and then show people how to make their own masks.  I guess they didn't think masks would help because they didn't think it was airborne, but apparently they did based on that Trump interview.

And now the CDC is recommending against homemade masks.  Yeah, better masks are available, but are the homemade completely useless?  Seems like more bad and misguided communication.

gut

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:54 PM
posted by sportchampps

Low Bar is his 100 Million doses in 100 days. We were averaging above 1 million doses a day before Trump left office.

Set the goal where you already are and you almost can't fail to accomplish it!

The media needs to call him on it and ask if "where we are today" is actually an acceptable standard.  They tend to be very snarky and dismissive of questions they don't like, which really is kind of a non-verbal Trump-like lie.

gut

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:59 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I took from it just wear a tighter double sided cloth mask, which I have been doing for months. 

I normally just wear a KN95 mask - I rotate through about 6 and re-use. Just disinfected them, but now they smell like I baked them with a towel (which is actually how you disinfect them).

Although I have a cloth mask that has a pouch for a KN95 mask, so I may start using that.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 4:45 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 4:52 PM

It says they would work with local and state officials on any sort of restrictions. I can't imagine DeSantis going along with any travel restrictions.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 6:58 PM

The numbers in Ohio have been really promising. I think DeWine may lift the curfew tomorrow. Our Covid ICU was empty last night. 

The double masking can fuck off. Wearing just one mask and being safe is good enough. The spread is from people gathering and not wearing a mask at all. Now you’ll have some people wearing two (and being just as safe as they already were), wearing one like always, or still not wearing any at all. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 7:03 PM
posted by justincredible

It says they would work with local and state officials on any sort of restrictions. I can't imagine DeSantis going along with any travel restrictions.

So they’re still pretending Florida isn’t doing better then say Ny? Get fucked. They’ve been mostly open too and still not as bad per capita as some, with a much older population. What a clown show. Desantis might ride this to running in 2024. 

Verbal Kint

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:11 PM
posted by justincredible

What about protest marches, are they still okay?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:28 PM
posted by iclfan2

So they’re still pretending Florida isn’t doing better then say Ny? Get fucked. They’ve been mostly open too and still not as bad per capita as some, with a much older population. What a clown show. Desantis might ride this to running in 2024. 

We've thrown around the idea of moving to Florida in the last few weeks. We're already for sure going in July. We might be going in April and October as well. A lot of pros and very few cons for us at this point in our lives.