Progressives, part 3...

Home Forums Politics

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Mar 6, 2024 10:24 PM

lol the governor of NY is sending the National Guard to the NYC subway bc their soft on crime policies are failing. 

gut

Wed, Mar 6, 2024 11:40 PM
posted by iclfan2

lol the governor of NY is sending the National Guard to the NYC subway bc their soft on crime policies are failing. 

Meanwhile, Chicago is gearing up for the DNC with "constitutional policing".

LOL, wut?!?

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Thu, Mar 7, 2024 12:56 PM
posted by iclfan2

Of course! They are showcasing how to shove it up Trump's ass by favoring the criminal instead of the victims. How else could it be done?!

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 12:43 PM

So NYC has brought in military to basically stop and frisk everyone on the public transits. 

Does this mean that NYC is no longer a sanctuary city? If it still is, sanctuary from who, exactly?

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 4:34 PM
posted by Automatik

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-york-deploy-750-national-guard-soldiers-check-bags-subway-2024-03-06/

I find it entertaining that Hochul doesn't want statistics talked about because they are not reassuring, but Adams does talk about them because they are reassuring. They probably should talk to each other before making statements or answering any questions. 

By the way, when I said 'stop and frisk everyone' it was to make clear that there is there is no discrimination or racist angle for Dems to make. If anybody assumed I meant, literally, every person that is unfortunate. 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 4:35 PM
posted by iclfan2

Seems racist.

Hopefully nobody will be insipid enough to say that in a serious manner lol (in before Sharpton!)

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 4:47 PM

And Twitter being in an uproar because Biden apologized for calling Laken Riley's murderer an illegal immigrant instead of "undocumented".

I'm not sure who his apology was directed towards. From what I saw the Dems are split on this - some upset and some not. I don't think anybody should be upset NOW, since this is nothing new. Maybe he could have just nonchalantly adjusted his statement without mentioning remorse/regret. I personally would rather the guy be called a motherfucking murderous piss bag. You know, what he really is. We have enough of those already without aiding and abetting illegal immigrants as political vote harvesting.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 7:18 PM

Hope the Deadspin staff can learn to code. Can’t imagine a worse career to aspire to than what “journalism” he become these days. 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 7:22 PM
posted by iclfan2

Hope the Deadspin staff can learn to code. Can’t imagine a worse career to aspire to than what “journalism” he become these days. 

I never got in to deadspin. On one hand I don't like to see people lose their jobs. On the other hand, I know full well that the medias only cared when the job losses happened to other people.

All of this to say - tomorrow is Tuesday.

gut

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 7:54 PM
posted by iclfan2

I don't know what they teach these days, but seems obvious the classic "just the facts" hard news piece is all but dead.  You can't hardly blame a recent college grad having to "play ball" with the editorial slant of their organization to earn a living.

Probably not too much cognitive dissonance since most, at the end of the day, are advocating for what they believe.

Seems we are getting closed to the inflection point where it whips back in the other direction.  I think we may be about to go through a generation where people highly distrust the media and sciences.  Only took about 20-25 years to get here, at least that seems like when it became blatant with the rise of the rock star academic going on whichever news program appealing to their own authority to advance whatever narrative they're paid to.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 7:26 AM

This thread always seems to reinforce my impression that a huge chunk of left-wings media’s audience is angry /bitter conservatives looking to fuel their outrage.  Maybe I’m wrong, but the only time I hear about the NYT, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, etc. is when conservatives bring them up in discussions like this.  My opinion is perhaps these outlets peddle in these kinds of stories the keep the outrage brigade as loyal followers.  

jmog

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 11:09 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

This thread always seems to reinforce my impression that a huge chunk of left-wings media’s audience is angry /bitter conservatives looking to fuel their outrage.  Maybe I’m wrong, but the only time I hear about the NYT, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, etc. is when conservatives bring them up in discussions like this.  My opinion is perhaps these outlets peddle in these kinds of stories the keep the outrage brigade as loyal followers.  

You might be correct, bunch of Rs watching CNN/MSNBC to see how stupid they are, and a bunch of Ds watching Fox to see how stupid they are.

Feasible.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 11:23 AM
posted by jmog

You might be correct, bunch of Rs watching CNN/MSNBC to see how stupid they are, and a bunch of Ds watching Fox to see how stupid they are.

Feasible.

Seems like it to me. As someone who watches none of the above, most of the talk I hear/read about any of them comes from people opposed to their political slants looking to bitch about them. It's a lot more rare to see someone talking about how much they love the shows/personalities on Fox or MSNBC and can't get enough of their viewpoints.

jmog

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 12:05 PM
posted by Heretic

Seems like it to me. As someone who watches none of the above, most of the talk I hear/read about any of them comes from people opposed to their political slants looking to bitch about them. It's a lot more rare to see someone talking about how much they love the shows/personalities on Fox or MSNBC and can't get enough of their viewpoints.

Either this is true, or it just the squeaky wheel gets the grease mantra. We only hear the ones that are adamant about complaining. Maybe its only 10% of MSNBC watchers are Rs looking for something to bitch about and the other 90% are Ds who just agree and don't say anything. Vice versa for Fox.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 12:44 PM
posted by Heretic

Agreed.  I can't remember a time when I heard anyone seriously cite a "great piece" on MSNBC.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 2:18 PM

Yes, it must be your assessment instead of the fact that left wing media comprises almost all of the media, except FOX and *New York Post, therefore that is what most people see and hear about. 

*I add the NYP because their reporting (later discovered to be factual) is considered extreme right wing. So much so that their articles have been censored and banned with government direction and enforcement.

Yes, it is definitely all for shits and giggles from pointing at the other side.

QuakerOats

Wed, Mar 13, 2024 11:30 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So NYC has brought in military to basically stop and frisk everyone on the public transits. 

Does this mean that NYC is no longer a sanctuary city? If it still is, sanctuary from who, exactly?

Bringing in the National Guard so people can get on the subway.  The city has been lost.  Hard to believe this is happening in America.  Leftists destroy everything they touch. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Mar 13, 2024 9:56 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I spent 4 days there this week on business.  Stayed on West 54th , traveled all over Manhattan and twice to Brooklyn via subway.  I’m not saying that the National Guard story isn’t true or that the fact that it’s happening isn’t terrible.  But I never saw any of this, nor felt any different than every other time I’ve been there.  I walked around several areas at night, traveled on the subway a lot and never had a problem nor saw any problem.  What I saw there seemed to contrast with what I’ve read about before and since going.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Mar 13, 2024 9:58 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Yes, it must be your assessment instead of the fact that left wing media comprises almost all of the media, except FOX and *New York Post, therefore that is what most people see and hear about. 

*I add the NYP because their reporting (later discovered to be factual) is considered extreme right wing. So much so that their articles have been censored and banned with government direction and enforcement.

Yes, it is definitely all for shits and giggles from pointing at the other side.

If you think Fox and the NYP are the only two media options that aren’t left wing, I’m not sure what to tell you.  

And I still have no recent memory of anyone citing MSNBC, CNN or the NYT who isn’t an angry right winger.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Wed, Mar 13, 2024 11:31 PM

If you think Fox and the NYP are the only two media options that aren’t left wing, I’m not sure what to tell you.  

And I still have no recent memory of anyone citing MSNBC, CNN or the NYT who isn’t an angry right winger.

So everybody on this site who has ever posted about the media being almost completely dominated by the left is an angry right winger in your estimation?

That's pretty much everybody who has ever posted in the politics forum since Justin started it. 

Your two steps away from calling all of those same people white Christian nationalists, and fuck if I'm not enjoying this!

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Mar 14, 2024 6:29 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So everybody on this site who has ever posted about the media being almost completely dominated by the left is an angry right winger in your estimation?

That's pretty much everybody who has ever posted in the politics forum since Justin started it. 

Your two steps away from calling all of those same people white Christian nationalists, and fuck if I'm not enjoying this!

I know a lot of the media is left wing crap.  I also believe a lot of the audience of left wing outlets are people who aren’t left wing, but are looking to be outraged.  

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Thu, Mar 14, 2024 2:55 PM

I know a lot of the media is left wing crap.  I also believe a lot of the audience of left wing outlets are people who aren’t left wing, but are looking to be outraged.  

Ok

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Thu, Mar 14, 2024 2:58 PM

So now medias are feeling the need to call the Haitian cannibals as 'non-substative cannibals'.

I'm guessing because it's rude to just call them cannibals, the distinction has to be made that they eat other meats too.