Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Home Forums Politics

O-Trap

Chief Shenanigans Officer

Mon, Mar 16, 2020 11:10 AM
posted by jmog

Where's the laugh and eye roll emoji when I need it?

If there had been a camera on me when I read Spock's post, I would have gladly submitted it as this.  I legitimately just chuckled a "What the hell?" as I read that.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:00 PM

Those "it's the left who won't stop" and "Trump won't lie to the people" are either signs that CCSpock is either an elite-level troll who has gotten us all going for years, making him decide to give up the ghost and go so over-the-top we'd have to know he's trolling...or that he's the poster child for stupid, uninformed people.

gut

Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:05 PM
posted by Heretic

Those "it's the left who won't stop" and "Trump won't lie to the people" are either signs that CCSpock is either an elite-level troll who has gotten us all going for years, making him decide to give up the ghost and go so over-the-top we'd have to know he's trolling...or that he's the poster child for stupid, uninformed people.

I think he's just the type who wears a MAGA hat to provoke people.  Most Trump supporters would prefer to avoid an interaction with the TDS afflicted.

QuakerOats

Mon, Mar 16, 2020 1:43 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Going on about H1N1 - how the testing was late and thousands died. 

I think he did a good job yesterday. I really liked seeing all the leaders up there together. That instills confidence. I just wish he'd project a little less pettiness. 

agree

QuakerOats

Mon, Mar 16, 2020 1:44 PM

I wish congress had some sense of duty ……loading up a bill that is to confront the effects of the virus with abortion funding is downright disgusting.  Can they do no better?

Spock

Mon, Mar 16, 2020 2:18 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I wish congress had some sense of duty ……loading up a bill that is to confront the effects of the virus with abortion funding is downright disgusting.  Can they do no better?

The answer is no and never.

QuakerOats

Tue, Mar 17, 2020 11:24 AM

DOJ abruptly drops once-heralded prosecution of Russian ...

www.foxnews.com › politics › doj-drops-once-heralded-prosecution-of-...

15 hours ago - DOJ abruptly drops once-heralded prosecution of Russian troll farm ... moved Monday to drop charges against two Russian companies that ...

The libtards and Mueller take another beatdown.  I doubt Rachel mentions it, even though it took her to tears when she first reported it two years ago.

gut

Tue, Mar 17, 2020 11:26 AM
posted by QuakerOats

DOJ abruptly drops once-heralded prosecution of Russian ...  I doubt Rachel mentions it, even though it took her to tears when she first reported it two years ago.

LOL.  Have you learned nothing?  This is proof that Trump is a Putin puppet, and taking advantage of the coronavirus to slip this under the radar....

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Mar 17, 2020 12:33 PM
posted by QuakerOats

DOJ abruptly drops once-heralded prosecution of Russian ...

www.foxnews.com › politics › doj-drops-once-heralded-prosecution-of-...

15 hours ago - DOJ abruptly drops once-heralded prosecution of Russian troll farm ... moved Monday to drop charges against two Russian companies that ...

The libtards and Mueller take another beatdown.  I doubt Rachel mentions it, even though it took her to tears when she first reported it two years ago.

I truly believe that the vast majority of her audience is right wing zealots that watch to feed their rage. No one else seems to have any knowledge of her. 

Spock

Tue, Mar 17, 2020 4:17 PM

So did I hear that EVERY American is getting $1000?  

Also tax free till July?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Mar 17, 2020 4:20 PM

JFC, now there are conspiratorial right wingers blaming George Soros for this virus outbreak.  This bloc of conservatives is basically attempting to regress human progress - I don't know what else you call it.  They refuse to trust anyone in any position of authority (besides the president), see every action in the universe as some effort by American liberals to undermine Trump and spew the most ridiculous nonsense imaginable over every major story that occurs.

Just go hunker down at the Creation Museum and wait for Soros' and MSNBC's created virus to do its work.  Good God.  Imagine an Indian or Chinese learning that his parent died from Coronavirus so that Trump could be brought down.  Crazy as that sounds, that is the exact same logic.  

gut

Tue, Mar 17, 2020 6:44 PM

JFC, now there are conspiratorial right wingers blaming George Soros for this virus outbreak. 

Wow.   I mean, it's pretty obvious that it's a conspiracy to hide Joe Biden from the public...

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 7:55 AM
posted by Spock

So did I hear that EVERY American is getting $1000?  

Also tax free till July?

That's the plan so far and suddenly fiscally conservative Tea Party Republicans are all about increasing the debt and deficit. 

Spock

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 8:07 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

That's the plan so far and suddenly fiscally conservative Tea Party Republicans are all about increasing the debt and deficit. 

Unlike the dems who gave ALL the money from TARP to big business and banks (who just sat on it).  Recession lasted way to long.  Trump is wanting to give the money right to the people.  Completely different outcome will likely occur.

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 8:14 AM
posted by Spock

Unlike the dems who gave ALL the money from TARP to big business and banks (who just sat on it).  Recession lasted way to long.  Trump is wanting to give the money right to the people.  Completely different outcome will likely occur.

Maybe. I mean the 2001 and 2009 Stimulus kinda did the same thing, most people under a certain income amount got a "tax credit"/ check. Also, yesterday the administration is talking about bailing out the airline and hotel industry. That is a little more dicey as hasn't airlines been making record profits the last few years and no suddenly, they need a government handout? 

I just can't wait in a few years when Rs suddenly return to fiscal conservative type and cry about the debt and deficit when Trump has increased it tremendously. 

jmog

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 8:55 AM

No we are not, it's a terrible idea. 

jmog

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 8:57 AM

I just can't wait in a few years when Rs suddenly return to fiscal conservative type and cry about the debt and deficit when Trump has increased it tremendously

No he hasn't, he has increased it bigly.

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 9:07 AM
posted by jmog

No we are not, it's a terrible idea. 

Oh, I know some are, but the leaders of the R party and most of its members are on board. 

posted by jmog

No he hasn't, he has increased it bigly.

Oh, that's right we use bigly now...his increase of the national debt has been beautiful, perfect, and the best in the history of the country. 

majorspark

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 9:17 AM

Oh, I know some are, but the leaders of the R party and most of its members are on board. 

They are scared shitless of the media.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 10:31 AM

Regardless of the nonsense Trump said early on, he now appears to be in touch with reality on this. I appreciate his frequent briefings and communicating the message that all resources are being deployed. He's doing the the right things and I'm appreciative. 

gut

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 11:08 AM

I just can't wait in a few years when Rs suddenly return to fiscal conservative type and cry about the debt and deficit when Trump has increased it tremendously. 

The situations really aren't that comparable.  Recessions are part of the normal business cycle.  TARP and the bailouts were paid back (yet somehow that money continued to be spent every year).

This is unique.  Businesses are being ORDERED shut.  They have NO INCOME coming in.  That is very, very different from a recession when they are just losing money.  Airlines have cut routes over 40%, and what they are flying has hardly anyone on board, but they still have to pay full boat on all those leases/debt.

gut

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 11:14 AM

Oh, that's right we use bigly now...his increase of the national debt has been beautiful, perfect, and the best in the history of the country.

I think he's still on pace to add less debt than Obama...and if he were following the trend of the last 4 guys he'd be adding over $2T a year.

QuakerOats

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 11:56 AM
posted by gut

The situations really aren't that comparable.  Recessions are part of the normal business cycle.  TARP and the bailouts were paid back (yet somehow that money continued to be spent every year).

This is unique.  Businesses are being ORDERED shut.  They have NO INCOME coming in.  That is very, very different from a recession when they are just losing money.  Airlines have cut routes over 40%, and what they are flying has hardly anyone on board, but they still have to pay full boat on all those leases/debt.

Bingo

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 12:02 PM

Regardless of the nonsense Trump said early on, he now appears to be in touch with reality on this. I appreciate his frequent briefings and communicating the message that all resources are being deployed. He's doing the the right things and I'm appreciative. 

Agreed. He is much better the last week. I think once the serious nature of this thing hit him and the market really did tank, he finally accepted the reality of the situation. 

posted by gut

Oh agree. This is a unique situation that actually may warrant government action. It is just going to explode the debt and the hardcore conservatives that say no additional funding without cutting elsewhere are silent right now. 

I'm being very cynical right now as I know the situation is unique, but I also know in a few years if there is a D in the White House, the Republican party will once again argue we need to drastically cut the government because the debt is too high. 

posted by gut

I think he's still on pace to add less debt than Obama...and if he were following the trend of the last 4 guys he'd be adding over $2T a year.

Yes. I know, I was going for the Trump language that everything he does is the best in the history of the country. I mean if you told Trump that Obama added more debt, he might want to increase the debt just to beat Obama and say I did it better. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Mar 18, 2020 12:07 PM

, I was going for the Trump language that everything he does is the best in the history of the country. I mean if you told Trump that Obama added more debt, he might want to increase the debt just to beat Obama and say I did it better. 

This is the most beautiful, perfect deficit that's ever been run.  Just like the phone call, it was fantastic.  A deficit like this has never been run before.  A lot of people said "he can't do it", but we did.  Lots of people are amazed with what we accomplished.  Great economists are calling me amazed that I know this stuff so well.  I tell them I had a third cousin who was  chief economist at a bank in Scotland.  Everyone there knew he was a super genius.  His name was Edinburgh Trump.  They named a town after him.