2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

QuakerOats

Mon, Sep 21, 2020 2:03 PM
posted by Heretic

Link?

Portland by itself is now over 100X more violent.  Math is simple, and fun.

gut

Mon, Sep 21, 2020 2:15 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Portland by itself is now over 100X more violent.  Math is simple, and fun.

So would that be like a 1,000,000% increase?

superman

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 12:01 PM
posted by gut

So would that be like a 1,000,000% increase?

Please don't ask QO to do math. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 12:14 PM

I thought it was CC who fucked up the math?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 12:16 PM

Also, are people really taking the “RBG’s dying wish” story at face value? I give it about 5% chance this actually happened.  If that was her dying wish, then that is very sad.

gut

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 12:17 PM
posted by like_that

I thought it was CC who fucked up the math?

Yeah, but sometimes I get them confused...

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 1:02 PM
posted by like_that

Also, are people really taking the “RBG’s dying wish” story at face value? I give it about 5% chance this actually happened.  If that was her dying wish, then that is very sad.

Yeah it was her grand daughter who said it and took the statement. Man, I know you are a cynical guy...but come on. The granddaughter of the Justice would just make it up? Really? 

majorspark

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 1:41 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Yeah it was her grand daughter who said it and took the statement. Man, I know you are a cynical guy...but come on. The granddaughter of the Justice would just make it up? Really? 

The democrat party is infamous for turning death into a political theatre.  I learned this many moons ago during the Wellstone memorial.

superman

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 2:03 PM

It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. It's the Supreme Court of the United States. It's not the make a wish foundation

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 2:24 PM

Then as I said earlier, that is a very sad dying wish. 

Regardless, it's shocking that you take every unverified report for what it's worth when it fits your agenda.  It's ok to be skeptical.  That's how you prevent an entire nation from being useful idiots.  

jmog

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 3:59 PM
posted by geeblock

So stating historical fact is now praising someone? Lee was beating the North until Gettysburg. That is historical fact. Its not like he said "and Lee was a great person".

You don't want to die on that hill, that is a weak dig on Trump. He has plenty to make fun of him for or whatever but this one is stupid.

jmog

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 4:03 PM

This is 2020, I wouldn't rule anything out. 

Plus, Trump supporters have been violent over the last 4 years..come on remember Charlottesville? 

If you really want to compare the violence in Charlottesville vs what we are seeing now....then you have stepped off the deep end of the left side of the aisle.

geeblock

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 4:18 PM
posted by jmog

So stating historical fact is now praising someone? Lee was beating the North until Gettysburg. That is historical fact. Its not like he said "and Lee was a great person".

You don't want to die on that hill, that is a weak dig on Trump. He has plenty to make fun of him for or whatever but this one is stupid.

What is he stating it for? Did you listen to it live? Basically lamenting that the south lost the war Jesus Christ 

Spock

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 5:16 PM

Debate topics

The Trump and Biden Records- Trump wins

The Supreme Court- Toss up , leaning Trump

Covid-19- Biden wins

The Economy- Trump wins

Race and Violence in our Cities- Trump Wins

The Integrity of the Election- Toss up

​​​​​

jmog

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 5:18 PM
posted by geeblock

What is he stating it for? Did you listen to it live? Basically lamenting that the south lost the war Jesus Christ 

I read the quote you gave. If there was more you should post a link so we can view the whole thing in context.

I highly doubt he was lamenting that the south lost. Seriously? Unless he outright said that, then you have found even a worse hill to die on.

geeblock

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 5:33 PM
posted by jmog

I read the quote you gave. If there was more you should post a link so we can view the whole thing in context.

I highly doubt he was lamenting that the south lost. Seriously? Unless he outright said that, then you have found even a worse hill to die on.

A few posts later icl asked for the link and I gave it..I just think there are more important things for him to be talking About 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 5:47 PM
posted by superman

It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. It's the Supreme Court of the United States. It's not the make a wish foundation

hah! I actually said that same thing very early this morning

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 7:33 PM
posted by jmog

If you really want to compare the violence in Charlottesville vs what we are seeing now....then you have stepped off the deep end of the left side of the aisle.

If you think violence is just on the left, you are in denial. All I was saying is violence is prevelant on both ends of the political spectrum. To deny it is to deny the crazy political times we live in. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 7:48 PM

We should just bring back duels.

gut

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 9:30 PM
posted by justincredible

But let's make it a Best of 7....

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 9:47 PM

If you think violence is just on the left, you are in denial. All I was saying is violence is prevelant on both ends of the political spectrum. To deny it is to deny the crazy political times we live in. 

You’re still wrong. It’s heavily one sided on the left. It’s literally on video. 

majorspark

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 11:47 PM
posted by justincredible

kizer permanente

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 9:58 AM
posted by like_that

Dying wish or not it doesn't matter. It's not up to her. I'd imagine her wish was for Biden to win but we still have to have an election lol 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 10:06 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Dying wish or not it doesn't matter. It's not up to her. I'd imagine her wish was for Biden to win but we still have to have an election lol 

Yes, I agree it does not matter.  I am just pointing out how people so easily accept unverified reports, especially when it fits their agenda.  Yes,  inb4 blah blah it happens on both sides. 

There is definitely a blurred line between skepticism/cynicism, but if anyone is accepting news (or politicians) at face value these days, then they can't be helped.  

kizer permanente

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 10:11 AM
posted by like_that

Yes, I agree it does not matter.  I am just pointing out how people so easily accept unverified reports, especially when it fits their agenda.  Yes,  inb4 blah blah it happens on both sides. 

There is definitely a blurred line between skepticism/cynicism, but if anyone is accepting news (or politicians) at face value these days, then they can't be helped.  

Yeah I get what you're saying.

Also this whole mess with confirming a Justice.... Did anyone honestly think The Republicans meant what they said? Does anyone honestly think the Democrats wouldn't be blocking if they had majority? Does anyone honestly think there is a politician who isn't full of shit?  It just seems shocking to me that others are shocked that politicians are hypocrites. They've gotten where they are by being one lol.