2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

SportsAndLady

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 3:12 PM
posted by jmog

Calling someone an asshole is opinion, which means its still an opinion that is racist, not a fact. Hope this helps.

There is truly no hope for you  

jmog

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 3:35 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Coming from the person who clearly doesn't understand the difference between a fact and an opinion this is rather hilarious.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 3:56 PM
posted by jmog

Coming from the person who clearly doesn't understand the difference between a fact and an opinion this is rather hilarious.

Again, you still don’t get it lol

You don’t think it’s racist to call a black man a “black son of a bitch” or “black bastard” or “black *insert insult here*”

There’s no hope for you. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:03 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

You don’t think it’s racist to call a black man a “black son of a bitch” or “black bastard” or “black *insert insult here*”

There’s no hope for you. 

He didn't say that. He said it's racist, several times I believe. He's saying it's not a fact. Which is correct. Calling someone black is a fact. And not racist. Calling someone a black sob is not a fact and is racist. Just take the L, man.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:20 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

“You son of a bitch” = asshole

“You black son of a bitch”= racist asshole

The addition of black is both a fact and makes it racist. Hope this helps!

I really do understand what you are trying to convey, but it’s still wrong.

Adding black to that statement doesn’t make it racist despite the fact the person was black. The tone and intention of the statement coming from the person who said it makes the statement racist.

Like, taking away all the layers, all you did was add an adjective to an insult. But that single adjective is indeed a simple truth. The person was black. It only becomes a racist Remark because the person who said it has racist intent.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:44 PM

Lmao he is STILL dying on this hill?

SportsAndLady

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:48 PM

Whatever, you guys are all ugly!

gut

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:52 PM
posted by justincredible

He didn't say that. He said it's racist, several times I believe. He's saying it's not a fact. Which is correct. Calling someone black is a fact. And not racist. Calling someone a black sob is not a fact and is racist. Just take the L, man.

You raise an interesting question.

Calling someone an SOB is generally considered to be an opinion.  However, some people definitely are SOB's.  In which case, calling someone a black SOB would actually be a statement of fact....and it then becomes not racist?

jmog

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 5:58 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

There’s no hope for you. 

I literally said that could be racist, as it is an opinion not fact. 

Maybe you have got to the point you are having trouble actually reading what I said.

I absolutely said calling someone that is probably racist depending on context.

My contention is that the statement is an opinion not a fact. They may or may not be a son of a bitch, so therefore it’s an opinion statement  not a factual one.

Hope that helps.

jmog

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:00 PM
posted by justincredible

At this point he is in Spock and QO territory. 

Literally everyone is explaining to him how he is wrong and he is just doubling down on the stupidity.

jmog

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:02 PM
posted by gut

You raise an interesting question.

Calling someone an SOB is generally considered to be an opinion.  However, some people definitely are SOB's.  In which case, calling someone a black SOB would actually be a statement of fact....and it then becomes not racist?

Unless someone is a son of an actual female dog I am not sure how calling someone a son of a bitch could ever be a factual statement.

Care to give me an example?

SportsAndLady

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:16 PM

Jmog—you are an insufferable human being. That’s a fact. Hope that helps. 

Spock

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:19 PM
posted by jmog

At this point he is in Spock and QO territory. 

Literally everyone is explaining to him how he is wrong and he is just doubling down on the stupidity.

Hey now.....keep.me.out of this.  Reading all of you argue about each others opinions on this makes all my posting activity look good.

jmog

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Jmog—you are an insufferable human being. That’s a fact. Hope that helps. 

Judging people’s response to you in this thread, I think you may need to be looking in the mirror when you say that.

I guess once you finally realize you are wrong, because literally everyone is telling you that you are wrong, you resort to name calling like a 12 year old.

Kind of expected that I guess.

jmog

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:35 PM
posted by Spock

Hey now.....keep.me.out of this.  Reading all of you argue about each others opinions on this makes all my posting activity look good.

There is a 0.1% chance of this being a fact...or is it 0.001% chance?

Al Bundy

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:42 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Fact or opinion?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:44 PM

I need to bring back thread banning...

SportsAndLady

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 7:00 PM
posted by justincredible

I need to bring back thread banning...

Agreed, Bundy needs a ban

gut

Sat, Aug 8, 2020 4:51 PM

Trump using his EO on the stimulus as a campaign event...and I'm pretty sure he's using a laugh track.

Also, the EO is illegal as hell.  I hope at least Rand Paul has the balls to call him out on this.  The question is which blue state AG will commit political suicide to challenge him?

Spock

Sat, Aug 8, 2020 5:35 PM
posted by gut

Trump using his EO on the stimulus as a campaign event...and I'm pretty sure he's using a laugh track.

Also, the EO is illegal as hell.  I hope at least Rand Paul has the balls to call him out on this.  The question is which blue state AG will commit political suicide to challenge him?

I would agree that any spending is to be done through the house.   But politically its smart as hell.  Makes the dems and Pelosi look bad

gut

Sat, Aug 8, 2020 6:20 PM

I'm starting to think this whole business about Kanye running is just another massive Trump troll job.

Apparently Kanye got rejected in IL because 1900 of his 3200 signatures were invalid.  First, I'm shocked it only takes 2500 signatures to get on a ballot.  Second, if Kanye was remotely serious I'm sure a couple volunteers could easily get 2500 signatures in a single afternoon on Michigan Ave. 

And, then, your lawyer walks into the office in Milwaukee minutes after the deadline to file to get on the ballot?  We all know Trumps hires only the best people, but that's too big of a fuck-up not to be intentiontal.  Also, curiously convenient that someone knew who the lawyer was and waiting to take video of him to prove he was late.

Alex Jones-level conspiracy, except this might actually be true.

QuakerOats

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 2:16 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Whatever, you guys are all ugly!

...more opinion. 

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:08 PM

Wait, which guy is senile?

The President says the “1917 pandemic” ended the Second World War https://t.co/jSltuSYim2

SportsAndLady

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:17 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Wait, which guy is senile?

The President says the “1917 pandemic” ended the Second World War https://t.co/jSltuSYim2

I do get a kick out of the “Biden makes no sense!” Crowd completely ignoring all the senile, idiotic things trump says everyday  

gut

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:36 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I do get a kick out of the “Biden makes no sense!” Crowd completely ignoring all the senile, idiotic things trump says everyday  

Again, if you've been around someone who had dementia there's a clear difference between gaffes and getting tongue-tied and declining mental accuity.  Some also become mean, which is something new we've seen from Biden (whereas Trump is the same asshole he's always been) several times now.  There's also the blank stare I've seen several times with Biden where it's like a literal brain freeze.

Trump's not winning any IQ contests, but it's not just right-wingers seeing evidence of mental decline in Biden.