2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

gut

Sat, Oct 19, 2019 1:40 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, I think it's because a lot of republican/conservative types actually like Tulsi's foreign policy ideas - which rocks the boat on the establishment's habits.

Could be something to that.

But Hillary actually floats a very obvious idea that I can't believe hasn't really been tried: Funnel $100M to a 3rd party candidate who can pick-off just 2% of the opponents votes....and that's enough to tip the swing states in your favor.

If Warren isn't telling the tech guys behind closed doors that she's not serious and just pandering....they may use their platforms to subtley sabatogae her.

Spock

Sun, Oct 20, 2019 2:18 PM
posted by gut

Could this be an elaborate scheme to give Tulsi a bump?  This little tift is getting her a lot of attention, mostly positive.

Because I know Hillary has had some delusional and crazy ideas about how she lost 2016, but calling Tulsi and Stein "russian assets" is completely out of leftfield nutjob.  Throwing Stein in there makes me think she's actually serious since she probably blames Stein for losing (eventhough Stein didn't get enough votes to affect the outcome in any state).

Biden is done, but probably won't bow out gracefully.  Bernie and Warren are too crazy.  And America just isn't ready for a gay couple in the WH.  That leaves Tulsi as pretty much the only option, so this kind of smells like a coordinated "intervention" to lift her campaign.  At this point, Tulsi is probably the Dems best chance to re-take the WH.

Hillary is still not popular, and this gives Tulsi someone to attack.....someone who's not in the race and probably pulls their punches [if it is actually all orchestrated].  This has the potential to suck all the oxygen out of the air of all the other campaigns.

This.....Clinton cant rig another DNC primary like they did vs.  Bernie but just blame it on Russia this time and it ends the same

wkfan

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 8:01 AM
posted by gut

Could this be an elaborate scheme to give Tulsi a bump?  This little tift is getting her a lot of attention, mostly positive.

Do you really think that anyone named Clinton would do anything at all that would benefit anyone besides someone named Clinton?

No way, no how.

They don't do anything altruistic or to help anyone or anything beside themselves.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 8:36 AM
posted by wkfan

Do you really think that anyone named Clinton would do anything at all that would benefit anyone besides someone named Clinton?

No way, no how.

They don't do anything altruistic or to help anyone or anything beside themselves.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 2:09 AM

Apparently Trump has more than doubled Obama’s war chest at this point in the game for re-election.  That’s a lot of funds to do some damage. Luckily for the Dems they have the media make up for their lack of funding. Although, you can make an argument the media helped Trump last election. They are worse than they were in 2015/2016, so 2020 is going to be very interesting. I’m just happy I am overseas and don’t have to see a lot of the bullshit.

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 9:28 AM
posted by like_that

Apparently Trump has more than doubled Obama’s war chest at this point in the game for re-election.  That’s a lot of funds to do some damage. Luckily for the Dems they have the media make up for their lack of funding. Although, you can make an argument the media helped Trump last election. They are worse than they were in 2015/2016, so 2020 is going to be very interesting. I’m just happy I am overseas and don’t have to see a lot of the bullshit.

True. Trump does have a head start. But, Clinton had more funds in 2016...and that didn't work out. 

Plus, if you add up all the funds that are going to Ds, I think it is close to the Trump number. 

Also, while you may miss this shitshow over the next 13 months, enjoy the fucked up Italian system where the government is on verge of collapse every few weeks. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 9:39 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

True. Trump does have a head start. But, Clinton had more funds in 2016...and that didn't work out. 

Plus, if you add up all the funds that are going to Ds, I think it is close to the Trump number. 

Also, while you may miss this shitshow over the next 13 months, enjoy the fucked up Italian system where the government is on verge of collapse every few weeks. 

Even with the Italian government being trash, nobody goes full politard here and allows it to consume their lives. That’s more/less what I was getting to.

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 9:41 AM
posted by like_that

Even with the Italian government being trash, nobody goes full politard here and allows it to consume their lives. That’s more/less what I was getting to.

Very true. In the end, you are in Italy...

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 5:23 PM

1.) Trump is still outpacing the dems, even when you add them up together, with all of the free media that he gets. He seems to somehow make negative attention work for him. Or rather, he's done that before. Not sure if he can pull it off this time.

2.) Right now everybody who wants a D* is divided up, albeit unevenly. It's coming down to the centrists/independents vs the progressives/woke. As many people have termed it - the battle for the soul of the democrat party.
* I couldn't help it, it was too easy

majorspark

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 11:05 PM

Gotta love Biden.

On Tuesday Trump tweeted: 'All Republicans must remember what they are witnessing here - a lynching'.  Biden pounced on the chance to eviscerate Trump tweeting, 'Impeachment is not "lynching", it is part of our Constitution', going so far as to call the comparison 'abhorrent' and 'despicable'.

kizer permanente

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 3:04 PM
posted by like_that

vacationing or working?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 3:35 PM
posted by kizer permanente

vacationing or working?

Work for the next 3-5 years.

Also vacationing lol.

gut

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 3:50 PM
posted by like_that

Also vacationing lol.

That is truly awesome.  I would have loved to work in Italy for 3-5 years.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 4:09 PM
posted by gut

That is truly awesome.  I would have loved to work in Italy for 3-5 years.

Indeed. And as he alluded to earlier, with the current shitshow going on, this would be the PERFECT 3-5 years to do so.

kizer permanente

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 4:28 PM
posted by like_that

Also vacationing lol.

No shit? Congrats.  Assuming that’s what you wanted lol. 

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Oct 24, 2019 1:25 PM
posted by like_that

Also vacationing lol.

So if you crank out a kiddie or two, would they be citizens of Italy as well as the U.S.?

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Thu, Oct 24, 2019 9:36 PM

So Joe Biden's campaign got a website built in order to court the Latino vote. Turns out they didn't finish all the paperwork and sign on the dotted line because... Trump bought it.

Are we in a sitcom?

Spock

Fri, Oct 25, 2019 8:59 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So Joe Biden's campaign got a website built in order to court the Latino vote. Turns out they didn't finish all the paperwork and sign on the dotted line because... Trump bought it.

Are we in a sitcom?

Troll level is strong

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Nov 1, 2019 9:58 AM

Laugh out loud at Elizabeth Warren’s Medicaire for all plan and her claim that no one in the middle class will pay a penny more in taxes. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Nov 1, 2019 10:45 AM

Medicare today is going bankrupt, so let’s multiply that by 10 for Medicare-For-All.   

Makes perfect sense.

gut

Fri, Nov 1, 2019 2:18 PM
posted by iclfan2

Laugh out loud at Elizabeth Warren’s Medicaire for all plan and her claim that no one in the middle class will pay a penny more in taxes. 

We need to start asking people "are you really going to fall for that line again?"

And, yes, yes they will.  I guess the economics being taught now omits the part about "no free lunch".

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Nov 1, 2019 5:36 PM

Beto is dropping out of the Presidential race that he was never in to begin with. Also supposedly not running for Senate. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Nov 1, 2019 5:44 PM
posted by iclfan2

Beto is dropping out of the Presidential race that he was never in to begin with. Also supposedly not running for Senate. 

So, we get to keep our guns?

Spock

Fri, Nov 1, 2019 5:52 PM
posted by QuakerOats

So, we get to keep our guns?

Great.  I plan on using mine