Where is Lebron Headed this Offseason?

Home Forums Sports

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 9:15 AM
posted by kizer permanente

No we get it. It’s just the 4 year deal stings with all the 1-1’s we got. 

I think that all had to do with his relationship with Gilbert and the fact he didn't trust him whatsoever.  I think he wanted to give himself an out if things ever went south.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 10:57 AM

Is signing LCP, Stephenson, and McGee going to impact the Lakers ability to sign another max guy? I haven't seen any of the terms of their contracts or how much space the Lakers had/have. 

SportsAndLady

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 11:04 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Is signing LCP, Stephenson, and McGee going to impact the Lakers ability to sign another max guy? I haven't seen any of the terms of their contracts or how much space the Lakers had/have. 

They’re just signing a bunch of 1 year deals so they’ll have the cap space to sign a free agent next year. The list of free agents next year is ridiculous. 

kizer permanente

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 11:06 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

They’re just signing a bunch of 1 year deals so they’ll have the cap space to sign a free agent next year. The list of free agents next year is ridiculous. 

This.

They're probably going to see how it goes and hope for the best this year and go for Kawhi next year. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 11:08 AM

They are still trying to trade for Kawhi. But as of now, nothing is happening. They also have Julius Randle to deal with. But even if they re-sign him, they still will have room if they trade for Kawhi. I don’t know what happens if they have to wait though. They need to get out from under Deng’s contract. 

friendfromlowry

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 11:13 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I know none of those guys are in the long term plans. If the plan was for 2018-2019 season to be "whatever, we have who we have, next year will be different"...I think it's a bold strategy. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 11:15 AM

Bron is going to wear 23. Jersey numbers don’t mean much, but I wish he wasn’t. 23 was Cleveland. 6 was Miami. Kinda wish he would have picked something else. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 4:12 PM

I’ve seen rumors that some people throughout the league believe that if the Spurs don’t trade Kawhi to the Lakers, he might sit out the season. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 4:16 PM
posted by wildcats20

I’ve seen rumors that some people throughout the league believe that if the Spurs don’t trade Kawhi to the Lakers, he might sit out the season. 

What a baby.

kizer permanente

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 4:18 PM

I wonder if lakers would listen to Love for Deng Kuz and a pick or 2. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 4:48 PM

I'd let Love pad stats while we tank (hopefully stay healthy) and trade him before the deadline.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 4:49 PM
posted by wildcats20

Well, he refused to stop sitting out last year, even in the playoffs, and the way everyone talked, it eventually got to the point where it had less to do with injuries than him simply wanting out.

kizer permanente

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 4:50 PM
posted by like_that

I'd let Love pad stats while we tank (hopefully stay healthy) and trade him before the deadline.

Probably would be ideal. As long as we can get someone young and some picks I’m cool. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 4:57 PM

Lol. Not a chance in hell. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 4:59 PM

Probably would be ideal. As long as we can get someone young and some picks I’m cool. 

For sure.  If they get an offer they can't refuse right now, so be it, but I think there will be contending teams and some delusional contending teams (toronto, washington, etc) willing to give up assets for Love if he is healthy. If Houston is looking good again, maybe they will be willing to ship future first round picks to go all in with Love on their roster.  

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 5:02 PM
posted by like_that

For sure.  If they get an offer they can't refuse right now, so be it, but I think there will be contending teams and some delusional contending teams (toronto, washington, etc) willing to give up assets for Love if he is healthy. If Houston is looking good again, maybe they will be willing to ship future first round picks to go all in with Love on their roster.  

Houston could be a destination for sure. Especially since they lost Ariza. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 5:19 PM

Lakers have renounced Julius Randle, making him an unrestricted free agent. Ugh. Not sure I like this. 

friendfromlowry

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 5:19 PM

Who would you want in return from Houston though? They don't have a ton of young, proven talent and their draft picks would likely be 25th or later. 

friendfromlowry

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 5:24 PM

Rondo signing a deal with the Lakers now. Probably hoping he'll help groom Lonzo?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 5:25 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Rondo signing a deal with the Lakers now. Probably hoping he'll help groom Lonzo?

Oooooorrrrrr Lonzo is going so San Antonio. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 6:01 PM
posted by wildcats20

Oooooorrrrrr Lonzo is going so San Antonio. 

This would be great for two reasons:

1. LaVar having to deal with the implosion of his "all my sons are playing for the Lakers" dream now that Lonzo's been traded and LiAngelo is trash.

2. The pure joy of watching Pop's "what the fuck is this shit?" reactions to anything LaVar related.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 6:01 PM

Haha that’d be really stupid by the spurs to just sit Kawhi all year, but I’d really love to see it. Fuck kawhi 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 6:07 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Haha that’d be really stupid by the spurs to just sit Kawhi all year, but I’d really love to see it. Fuck kawhi 

It wouldn’t be the Spurs sitting Kawhi. It would be him choosing not to play. 

Which, I don’t even know how that would work?

SportsAndLady

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 6:37 PM
posted by wildcats20

It wouldn’t be the Spurs sitting Kawhi. It would be him choosing not to play. 

Which, I don’t even know how that would work?

I meant it’d be stupid not to trade him when the alternative is he won’t play and will then walk next year. 

friendfromlowry

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 10:48 PM

So, if they don’t manage to trade for Kawhi (even if they do?) lebrons first year in LA is going to be a total waste.