Where is Lebron Headed this Offseason?

Home Forums Sports

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Jun 28, 2018 3:41 PM
posted by wildcats20

And I assume Bron’s “opt-in, opt-out” decision will come out soon. 

I’m an idiot. I thought today was Friday. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jun 28, 2018 4:11 PM
posted by wildcats20

I’m an idiot. I thought today was Friday. 

It really seems like it though

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Jun 28, 2018 6:37 PM

Stephen A was the first (or one of the first) to report Bosh and LeBron joining Wade in 2010. 

Classyposter58

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 8:17 AM

I think for him Philly is the best bet. That team has the swagger and mental toughness, with his leadership to compete for an nba title. LA seems like it’s gonna be a complete disaster

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 8:18 AM
posted by Laley23

Stephen A was the first (or one of the first) to report Bosh and LeBron joining Wade in 2010. 

After thinking about this more, I don't doubt that LBJ did reach out to Durant and, frankly, it's a beta bitch move on Lebron's part, if true. LBJ's camp is denying it (no doubt) but I think it was most likely Durant's camp leaking that info. With the way Screamin' A worded it, the source was more likely to be from Durant's group...

Stephen A. Smith on ESPN:

LeBron James reached out to Kevin Durant via text, from what I’m told, about coming to Los Angeles. I don’t know what Kevin Durant’s response to him was. That is not the information that I got. But I will tell you what I did hear is that behind the scenes, Kevin Durant was like, “Why would I do that? You know what, as far as I’m concerned, LeBron James is a big-time player, what have you. But the way I look at it, I should be perceived as the best in the world. I’m the reigning two-time champion. I’m the reigning two-time NBA Finals MVP. Why would I think about doing something like that?”

Automatik

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 10:00 AM
posted by Classyposter58

I think for him Philly is the best bet. That team has the swagger and mental toughness, with his leadership to compete for an nba title. LA seems like it’s gonna be a complete disaster

You're trolling right? Mental toughness? LOL

That's exactly what they lacked during the Boston series. Also, leadership....who's their leader?

When is the actual deadline, what time?

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 10:17 AM
posted by Automatik

That's exactly what they lacked during the Boston series. Also, leadership....who's their leader?

He has until 11:59pm tonight to opt in or out, if that's what you're asking.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 10:43 AM
posted by Automatik

Lebron could bring mental toughness to the team as he did with the Cavs the last 4 seasons, but overall Classy is being an idiot per usual.

Crimson streak

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 11:06 AM

Lebron opts out as expected. That was going to happen reguardless if he stays or goes. He makes more money that way. It eliminates Houston though

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 11:23 AM
posted by Crimson streak

Lebron opts out as expected. That was going to happen reguardless if he stays or goes. He makes more money that way. It eliminates Houston though

Actually glad he opted out because if he opted in, he was likely gone for sure (via trade).

SportsAndLady

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 11:43 AM

I’ve received 3 texts in the last 20 minutes that read “Lebron opts our! LOL GOODBYE CLEVELAND!” 

I don’t think people realize that he was always going to opt out lol

kizer permanente

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 11:52 AM

Yeah he wasn’t going to stay in Cleveland and take less money. If he opted in he was gone. The only way he was going to opt in was for a sign and trade. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 12:35 PM

Screamin A spewing some new stuff, which I'd call bullshit on...claiming Lebron & Gilbert don't have this "great relationship" everyone thinks they do? What? I thought it was well known they were business partners and not much else. SAS also saying Gilbert will be "glad if LBJ leaves so he (Gilbert) can finally have his team back" (or something to that effect). Makes no sense. LBJ makes too much money for Gilbert even if they don't like each other.

kizer permanente

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 2:25 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Screamin A spewing some new stuff, which I'd call bullshit on...claiming Lebron & Gilbert don't have this "great relationship" everyone thinks they do? What? I thought it was well known they were business partners and not much else. SAS also saying Gilbert will be "glad if LBJ leaves so he (Gilbert) can finally have his team back" (or something to that effect). Makes no sense. LBJ makes too much money for Gilbert even if they don't like each other.

I mean... it is something Gilbert would say bc he’s an idiot with an ego. But he knows his franchise is obviously worth more with Lebron. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 2:45 PM

Since when did we start giving a shit what Stephen A Smith says?

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 5:21 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Since when did we start giving a shit what Stephen A Smith says?

I can’t believe anyone listens to more than 20 seconds of him

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 6:08 PM
posted by Ironman92

I can’t believe anyone listens to more than 20 seconds of him

Went out to pick up my lunch and the local station recapped what he said. As I've mentioned previously, I don't watch BSPN. Only time I get on their website is to check Tribe scores.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 6:23 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Went out to pick up my lunch and the local station recapped what he said. As I've mentioned previously, I don't watch BSPN. Only time I get on their website is to check Tribe scores.

Then that sounds like a crappy local station

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 29, 2018 9:35 PM
posted by Ironman92

Then that sounds like a crappy local station

They are hungry for any Lebron news they can snag. Even if it is from that blowhard SAS.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sat, Jun 30, 2018 1:14 AM

I think it’s la. 

BR1986FB

Sat, Jun 30, 2018 9:43 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

I think it’s la. 

Agreed. I thought the Cavs were the odds on favorite until all of this momentum started to build up. The fact that he's in meetings with all of his buddies in his "Decision Cave" (wtf?) tells me he's not coming back. I can see PG committing to LA, then Lebron. Not sure Leonard ends up there.

Was interesting to hear that the Celtics offer to SA for Leonard included Kyrie.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jun 30, 2018 10:29 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Agreed. I thought the Cavs were the odds on favorite until all of this momentum started to build up. The fact that he's in meetings with all of his buddies in his "Decision Cave" (wtf?) tells me he's not coming back. I can see PG committing to LA, then Lebron. Not sure Leonard ends up there.

Was interesting to hear that the Celtics offer to SA for Leonard included Kyrie.

What momentum? Nothing has changed or went differently than we anticipated. PG was going to opt out. So was Lebron. Lebron was going to meet with all his friends and have some douchebag name to it. 

The only thing that worries me is the Spurs - Lakers talks regarding Leonard. If the Lakers trade for him, then I think PG and Lebron would be crazy to not join him. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Jun 30, 2018 10:43 AM

FWIW, the only way for LA to get all 3 is to trade for Kawhi this offseason. They won’t have enough space for all 3 on free agent deals. 

SportsAndLady

Sat, Jun 30, 2018 11:12 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

What momentum? Nothing has changed or went differently than we anticipated. PG was going to opt out. So was Lebron. Lebron was going to meet with all his friends and have some douchebag name to it. 

The only thing that worries me is the Spurs - Lakers talks regarding Leonard. If the Lakers trade for him, then I think PG and Lebron would be crazy to not join him. 

This. No offense BR, but I'm tuning you out on here.

jordo212000

Sat, Jun 30, 2018 2:04 PM

If Lebron wants to beat the Warriors, he has to go to LA and build a new super team. If he cares about legacy, he will stay in Cleveland. It’s that simple.

Also, let’s not forget that Lebron the GM ruined Cleveland’s assets the last time he left them at the alter. And he has done it again by taking care of his boys. Gilbert and co. didn’t have the sack to stand up to him.