Where is Lebron Headed this Offseason?

Home Forums Sports

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 2:41 PM
posted by like_that

Btw, the fact Lebron refuses to meet with the Cavs and is making this decision right before a holiday leads me to believe it will be the sixers.  It's like firing somebody on a Friday.

I read he did meet with the Cavs? 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 2:52 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I read he did meet with the Cavs? 

Telephone call between Rich Paul and Koby from what I read. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 2:59 PM

I'm in that spot where I really just want to know whether he's staying or leaving. All these announcement shows and shit, plus all the rumors. Don't care anymore. I really, really hope he stays in Cleveland, but at this point I just want someone to tell me what his deisiion is.

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 3:20 PM

Now obviously the sixers organization would love to have Lebron (as would anyone) but I wonder what embiid thinks of it. He’ll oretty much have to give up his entire game and sit outside.  Not that he can’t, but would he want that? 

BR1986FB

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 3:29 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I'm in that spot where I really just want to know whether he's staying or leaving. All these announcement shows and shit, plus all the rumors. Don't care anymore. I really, really hope he stays in Cleveland, but at this point I just want someone to tell me what his deisiion is.

This in a nutshell. I think he's loving every minute of it. He's got the world by the balls and knows it. Leaving or staying, just make the damn announcement so we can move on.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 3:35 PM

Updating mysrlf on this thread 1x per day.

Thx for updates guys

BR1986FB

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 4:21 PM

Now obviously the sixers organization would love to have Lebron (as would anyone) but I wonder what embiid thinks of it. He’ll oretty much have to give up his entire game and sit outside.  Not that he can’t, but would he want that? 

Embiid's been trying to recruit him saying "LA will always be Magic & Kobe's town."

BR1986FB

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 4:23 PM
posted by like_that

Btw, the fact Lebron refuses to meet with the Cavs and is making this decision right before a holiday leads me to believe it will be the sixers.  It's like firing somebody on a Friday.

I don't know that this really matters. Not saying he's staying but the Cavs are pretty much the "known" at this point. He knows the cap situation and what they can/can't do. To me, it comes down to staying home or going somewhere to win. Not sure meeting with the Cavs is necessary.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 4:44 PM
posted by like_that

He didn't meet with Philly either FWIW - his agent did. I also don't see why he necessarily needs to meet with Cleveland. He's been on the team. He knows what they are and what they aren't. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:08 PM

Well shit.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:14 PM

Damn, didn't think he would sign 4 years. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:15 PM

Just tells you how sad our front office/Gilbert was.  Lebron would never commit to more than 2 years because he couldn’t trust them. Then he signs a 4 year deal with LA. Damn

friendfromlowry

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:20 PM

Wonder what the Cavs do now.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:21 PM
posted by like_that

Damn, didn't think he would sign 4 years. 

Neither did I. 

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:23 PM

Woulda been nice to have 4 year guarantees  in Cleveland. But. Oh well I guess 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:25 PM

The 4 year deal is a slap in the face. Hope he never wins another ring. He can do whatever he wants, but doesn’t mean I have to ever root for him. Cavs are gonna be hot garbage for the foreseeable future

SportsAndLady

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:26 PM
posted by iclfan2

The 4 year deal is a slap in the face. Hope he never wins another ring. He can do whatever he wants, but doesn’t mean I have to ever root for him. Cavs are gonna be hot garbage for the foreseeable future

Don’t be mad at Lebron, be mad at Dan Gilbert

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:32 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Don’t be mad at Lebron, be mad at Dan Gilbert

You can be mad at both.  

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:33 PM
posted by like_that

You can be mad at both.  

Kinda this. A multi year deal would have helped us early on making better moves and attracting better players knowing he’s sticking around. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:33 PM

I don't understand anyone being angry at him.  He fulfilled his contract in Cleveland, he won the city its first championship in 50 years and he brought more attention to the Cavs than they ever had before.  Like the rest of us, he is free to work wherever he wants.  I am sorry that he won't be with the Cavs any longer.  But I respect his right to go where he wants to.  If any boss of mine ever wrote an internet letter like the one Gilbert did, I would never ever trust him regardless of what he said.  

SportsAndLady

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:35 PM

Kinda this. A multi year deal would have helped us early on making better moves and attracting better players knowing he’s sticking around. 

What makes you think Dan Gilbert’s incompetent ass is capable of making a “better move” for the franchise? 

superman

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:36 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Wonder what the Cavs do now.

Trade K-Love start stockpiling draft picks for 2021.

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:38 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

What makes you think Dan Gilbert’s incompetent ass is capable of making a “better move” for the franchise? 

Nothing. But it makes free agents leery to come to Cleveland when they know he can bolt next year. 

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:39 PM
posted by superman

Trade K-Love start stockpiling draft picks for 2021.

This

No offense, Kevin. But I’m trading you for all the picks I can get. Blow this sinking ship up. 

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:41 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I don't understand anyone being angry at him.  He fulfilled his contract in Cleveland, he won the city its first championship in 50 years and he brought more attention to the Cavs than they ever had before.  Like the rest of us, he is free to work wherever he wants.  I am sorry that he won't be with the Cavs any longer.  But I respect his right to go where he wants to.  If any boss of mine ever wrote an internet letter like the one Gilbert did, I would never ever trust him regardless of what he said.  

No we get it. It’s just the 4 year deal stings with all the 1-1’s we got.