OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

queencitybuckeye

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 2:36 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

PR 101.

He had interviews over the weekend about it and this is his 1st presser of the year. 

Of course he was going to be asked about it. If he brushed them off and said no comment, he was going to get further grilled about his handling. By standing up there and answering questions he can now say he has addressed it fully. Done and over with. Move on. 

Some people don't need PR, they're powerful beyond the need. He should have offered to answer any football questions, and stuck to it.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 6:43 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

PR 101.

He had interviews over the weekend about it and this is his 1st presser of the year. 

Of course he was going to be asked about it. If he brushed them off and said no comment, he was going to get further grilled about his handling. By standing up there and answering questions he can now say he has addressed it fully. Done and over with. Move on. 

Today was the absolute fucking opposite of PR 101, unless it was PR 101 on how not to do PR. 

"I've answered all I've needed to answer and have served my suspension, I will be taking football related questions from here on out."

All he has to say, there would be 0 consequences to this.

wkfan

Tue, Sep 18, 2018 9:12 AM

I disagree.....the University and his reputation have taken a huge hit with this situation.  He needed to address it in his first press conference at a minimum. 

I'm sure that he knew that no matter what he said, it would cause a firestorm......which is what happened as those who thought he should have been fired would say 'He still doesn't get it' regardless of that stance he took.

Now, he is in a position to say that he will only talk football and not address the Courtney / Zach Smith shitshow....

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Sep 18, 2018 10:15 AM
posted by wkfan

I disagree.....the University and his reputation have taken a huge hit with this situation.  He needed to address it in his first press conference at a minimum. 

I'm sure that he knew that no matter what he said, it would cause a firestorm......which is what happened as those who thought he should have been fired would say 'He still doesn't get it' regardless of that stance he took.

Now, he is in a position to say that he will only talk football and not address the Courtney / Zach Smith shitshow....

I agree with this 100%--I think it was well done, and he also came across as sincere and ready to get back to the job at hand. This definitely, IMO, needed to be done.

slingshot4ever

Tue, Sep 18, 2018 9:27 PM

Is it wrong that I just want to skip ahead to the PSU game on 9/29?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Sep 19, 2018 5:36 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

Not one bit. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Sep 19, 2018 7:46 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

Other than IMO our linebackers/safety situation could use one more week to get ready before heading to Happy Valley, no.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Sep 19, 2018 7:59 AM
posted by vball10set

Other than IMO our linebackers/safety situation could use one more week to get ready before heading to Happy Valley, no.

And Bosa’s health. Anyone heard anything? Glad he’s out this week to recover.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Sep 19, 2018 11:11 AM
posted by iclfan2

Yesterday, they said they'd know more about his post-Tulane availability "mid-week", so I'd guess we'll hear more today or tomorrow or so.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Sep 19, 2018 12:07 PM
posted by iclfan2

Heard this morning via Birm that he's getting evaluated today to find out extent of strain, and best case scenario is that he'll be able to play vs PSU, then shut it down through October...sounds weird, but who knows.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Sep 20, 2018 12:40 PM

Urban said he had a core muscle surgery but hopes to have him back "as soon as possible". If he can't go vs. Penn state he has 6 weeks before we play anyone decent again.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Sep 20, 2018 12:46 PM

Thankfully the d line is loaded. But still a huge loss. 

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Sep 20, 2018 1:21 PM

Shiiit. 

Man, the OSU-Penn St game is going to be a high scoring shootout. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Sep 20, 2018 1:31 PM
posted by iclfan2

Urban said he had a core muscle surgery but hopes to have him back "as soon as possible". If he can't go vs. Penn state he has 6 weeks before we play anyone decent again.

yeah, 11/10 vs Sparty will be the earliest we see him, if at all...this really sucks

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Sep 22, 2018 1:27 PM

Nbc4 is streaming Skull Session. The ovation Urban got was insane. 

Mulva

Sat, Sep 22, 2018 5:23 PM

It’s nice to have a quarterback

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, Sep 23, 2018 8:05 AM
posted by wildcats20

Coach in waiting sucks. Hope this isn’t true. Although, he seems to be a good fit. 

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/09/96801/ohio-state-discussing-plan-to-make-ryan-day-coach-in-waiting-per-report

I really like Day too, but this whole "coach in waiting" thing doesn't sit well with me, unless the sitting coach has made definite plans to vacate the position in the very, very near future. I said earlier that it wouldn't surprise me if Coach Meyer left after this season because of the way the Drake handled the whole suspension thing, so maybe there is actually something to that--hope I'm wrong.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Sep 23, 2018 9:10 AM

And Gene from the top rope lol

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sun, Sep 23, 2018 6:03 PM

I'm on a Texas board, and I asked a hypothetical about Urban Meyer coaching there and bringing them a National Championship.  Good lord, the reaction was vulgar.  

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, Sep 23, 2018 9:09 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

I'm on a Texas board, and I asked a hypothetical about Urban Meyer coaching there and bringing them a National Championship.  Good lord, the reaction was vulgar.  

Fuck Tom Herman, and fuck Texas.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Sep 24, 2018 2:59 PM

Bucks open as 4.5 point favorites. Reeeeeally wish we had Bosa. Fuck

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Sep 24, 2018 8:31 PM

Let's not forget that the Buckeye's defense is still REALLY fucking good without Bosa.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Sep 24, 2018 10:23 PM
posted by Spock

Bosa will be back. 

Good call CC