Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 9, 2023 12:26 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 9, 2023 2:54 PM

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Thu, Mar 9, 2023 3:34 PM

greeny made the point on mcafee yesterday that if rodgers retires now he's essentially choosing not playing for the jets over 60 million dollars. i kind of want to see that. selfishly because the dolphins got smoked by GB and it'll be tough to not suck with him and allen in the division.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 9, 2023 3:50 PM
posted by j_crazy

greeny made the point on mcafee yesterday that if rodgers retires now he's essentially choosing not playing for the jets over 60 million dollars. i kind of want to see that. selfishly because the dolphins got smoked by GB and it'll be tough to not suck with him and allen in the division.

geeblock

Thu, Mar 9, 2023 9:35 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Fun begins..... Rats to put the nonexclusive franchise tag on Mushmouth Lamar. Other teams can negotiate with him. Rats can match any offer or get two 1st's in return. Let's see if the running back who occasionally throws can get that $250 guaranteed he thinks he's worth.

Google his first 1000 passes this is a dumb post. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Mar 9, 2023 11:29 PM
posted by geeblock

So you think Lamar is a good QB? I think he’s a great athlete and football player, and you won’t win big with him behind center.

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 6:13 AM
posted by geeblock

He's a backyard/school yard type of "QB" and I use that term "QB" loosely. 

He can't hit sideline throws and, more times than not, has to scramble around, waiting for his receivers to run around like it's some kind of fire drill until they get WIDE open. He's not going to fit accurate passes into tight windows.

He's an ideal college QB, where WR's are running wide open and free but he's not a precision/accurate passer.

Laley hit the nail on the head. Exceptional athlete/football player but he's not a great QB.

geeblock

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 6:27 AM

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 8:00 AM

He was the NFL MVP but also the last two season he’s thrown 33 TD and 20 interceptions.

Not shown great health last two years either.

NFL defenses have adjusted pretty well….not as good as MLB pitchers have adjusted to Cody Bellinger…..but both were MVP in 2019. A lot of luster lost.

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 8:12 AM

I think the book is kind of out on how to defend him. 

I hate the Rats but I think they're playing this right not throwing the Brinks truck at a player with limitations. 

Not necessarily comparing skillsets to RGIII but once Griffin got that knee injury he was pretty much done. The last two years Lamar's season has ended due to a leg injury (even though this past year I think he was milking it to prove a point). Not a knee injury but once this stuff starts to happen a team needs to monitor it closely.

I can say with 100% certainty that his running skills are electric but I'd be pissed if he were the starting QB for my team.

geeblock

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 9:25 AM

I rank him as the 6th best qb in the league

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 9:54 AM
posted by geeblock

I rank him as the 6th best qb in the league

You are high AF.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 9:56 AM

He took the league by storm, and couldnt be stopped rushing. Led to broken plays and run/pass options with WIDE open WRs. League adjusted really fast, like they always do, and now he is a middling QB whos main threat is waning because he gets hurt every 4th game -- and he wont have this athleticism forever. 

geeblock

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 9:58 AM
posted by Laley23

You are high AF.

Mahomes

Burrow

Josh Allen

Hurts

Herbert

Jackson

rodgers

then a big drop off

geeblock

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:00 AM
posted by Laley23

He took the league by storm, and couldnt be stopped rushing. Led to broken plays and run/pass options with WIDE open WRs. League adjusted really fast, like they always do, and now he is a middling QB whos main threat is waning because he gets hurt every 4th game -- and he wont have this athleticism forever. 

had a offensive coordinator who wanted to run the ball and couldnt design a good passing scheme. add to that mix a bunch of no name receivers and the most heavily injured team in the league.  

geeblock

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:03 AM

QBs in NFL history with a 96+ passer rating and 100+ pass TD in their first 61 starts:

LAMAR JACKSON

Patrick Mahomes

Dan Marino

Aaron Rodgers

Deshaun Watson

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:08 AM
posted by geeblock

QBs in NFL history with a 96+ passer rating and 100+ pass TD in their first 61 starts:

LAMAR JACKSON

Patrick Mahomes

Dan Marino

Aaron Rodgers

Deshaun Watson

Sounds like I am making excuses for my narrative. But this list is going to be 25 QBs long once the rookies from 3 years ago get 61 starts. QB Rating is so bad to use as a historical number. Jared Goff, Teddy 2-Gloves, Derek Carr, Kyler, etc have ratings over 90. Those are......bad QBs in comparison to that rating.

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:10 AM

Can't wait to see Todd Monken turn him into a passing QB. The Browns defense usually isn't that good but I welcome that change, assuming he remains in Baltimore.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:13 AM

Also that. Maybe the OC was bad for him. Or maybe the OC was keeping his weaknesses hidden and turned him into a one year MVP. It can go both ways. NFL teams and coaches usually have a reason for doing what they are doing, even if it appears to be not working.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:24 AM
posted by geeblock

Mahomes

Burrow

Josh Allen

Hurts

Herbert

Jackson

rodgers

then a big drop off

You'd take Lamar over TLaw?

friendfromlowry

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:24 AM

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’s a top 10 QB. But his health and availability deserves to be criticized. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:26 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’s a top 10 QB. But his health and availability deserves to be criticized. 

Top 10 WHEN healthy. Sure.

But it ain't 2020 anymore.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:28 AM

Also, to contradict my own point, a top six (or ten) QB doesn’t hit free agency and five teams who need a QB immediately say they’ll pass. 

geeblock

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:28 AM
posted by justincredible

You'd take Lamar over TLaw?

I would...but now that you mention it i would put lawrence over rodgers

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:40 AM
posted by Laley23

Also that. Maybe the OC was bad for him. Or maybe the OC was keeping his weaknesses hidden and turned him into a one year MVP. It can go both ways. NFL teams and coaches usually have a reason for doing what they are doing, even if it appears to be not working.

I think this is more true than false. Rats fans rip Greg Roman but I think he crafted that offense specifically for Lamar's strengths and helped get him to that MVP. Assuming he stays in Baltimore, I'll be interested to see how he does as a passer versus running.

The biggest example I can use of his backyard style of play was the "Poop Game" against the Browns where he went to the locker room and the Rat's looked like they were done. Brought in a QB that couldn't move them. 4th down, game on the line, and Lamar trots back in. Felt like he scrambled all over the pocket for about 10 seconds then started to approach the LOS and the defenders had to respect him taking off....when this happens, Andrews breaks WIDE open and Lamar just lofts the ball to him. That's his ONLY passing strength, his mobility.

If they try to make him into a pocket passer I think it will be a miserable failure.

As far as that list goes, for pure QB's I'd take Rodgers, Lawrence AND Carr over him...just as a pure passer. I know many aren't a fan of Carr but he's a better QB than Lamar if you take away L-Jax's running back abilities.