NBA 2017-2018

Home Forums Sports

cat_lover

Tue, May 22, 2018 11:41 PM

21-4 run to finish the game. Great effort from the Rockets

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 22, 2018 11:41 PM
posted by sportswizuhrd

Anyone notice how when Paul had the ball for his first FT, the PA announcer was announcing he was at the line? Pretty dirty move...

Haha glad I’m not the only one. I was like wtf the announcers talking?!

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, May 22, 2018 11:45 PM

I saw GSW came back to lead the start of the 4th when I got home and just said “lol”. Little did I know the rockets would show some toughness and resolve.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 23, 2018 9:36 AM

Has there ever been a tied series in the conference finals with a more predictable outcome?  I don't think any of us have any doubt the Warriors come out of this. 

Also, since the Warriors lost, is Steph hurt or injured?

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, May 23, 2018 9:48 AM
posted by like_that

Also, since the Warriors lost, is Steph hurt or injured?

Love how JVG called the media out for that on air during Game 4 of Cavs/C's

Automatik

Wed, May 23, 2018 9:55 AM

Same here. Van Gundy is a jackass, but he keeps it real.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, May 23, 2018 10:23 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

wut

If you miss the second FT, they call timeout with .4 seconds. Now you can lose with a 3 and give them the entire court to work, not just the outside the arc. I’ll take my chances where worst case is OT versus losing.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, May 23, 2018 10:28 AM

lol...loved it!!!

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, May 23, 2018 10:46 AM

Draymond is such an incredible POS human being.  That deserves at least a flagrant 1.

SportsAndLady

Wed, May 23, 2018 10:56 AM
posted by Laley23

If you miss the second FT, they call timeout with .4 seconds. Now you can lose with a 3 and give them the entire court to work, not just the outside the arc. I’ll take my chances where worst case is OT versus losing.

Your post had a ton of typos and errors, i legit had no clue what you were saying lol but I also don’t think it takes .1 seconds to call timeout. If you rebound the ball you have to signal a timeout which takes more than a tenth of a second. 

thavoice

Wed, May 23, 2018 10:56 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

You should work for ESPN

I know, right?

If Houston wins, then the Cavs take the finals.

If GSW wins.....they win the finals.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, May 23, 2018 11:09 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Your post had a ton of typos and errors, i legit had no clue what you were saying lol but I also don’t think it takes .1 seconds to call timeout. If you rebound the ball you have to signal a timeout which takes more than a tenth of a second. 

Had 1 typo, but it was jumbled sentence of thought without structure haha. I’ve seen many timeouts after FTs this year. A few no time came off as the whole team signals before possession is gained. In that case, .1 would be the most. 

Regardless, I don’t think Curry even got the shot off in time, so wouldn’t have mattered.

GOONx19

An exceptional poster.

Wed, May 23, 2018 11:41 PM

GOONx19

An exceptional poster.

Wed, May 23, 2018 11:41 PM

This just showed up on my Facebook feed. Can’t be correct, can it?

friendfromlowry

Wed, May 23, 2018 11:49 PM

I'm going to guess outside of Ohio, Mass., Texas, and California that no one really GAF. Although I'm surprised Florida would be considered rooting for Cleveland. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, May 24, 2018 8:54 AM

I think the NBA, more than any other league, has "fans" who root for their favorite player first, then the front running team (GSW) second.  A lot of your GSW fans (not in Cali) will be young kids who may not be on social media.  The now teens fell in love with LBJ when they were young kids, and they stuck rooting for HIM, not necessarily the Cavs.  

BR1986FB

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:27 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

I think the NBA, more than any other league, has "fans" who root for their favorite player first, then the front running team (GSW) second.  A lot of your GSW fans (not in Cali) will be young kids who may not be on social media.  The now teens fell in love with LBJ when they were young kids, and they stuck rooting for HIM, not necessarily the Cavs.  

Pretty much spot on. No league is as player fan friendly as the NBA. You'll rarely see a "I'm a Joey Votto fan but can't stand the Reds." They are Reds fans who like Votto. Same with the NFL. In the NBA, fans are Lebron fans or Kobe fans, etc, etc. Agree with your comments about the GSW's too. Used to be Miami when LBJ was there. NBA truly defines the term "jersey chasers."

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, May 24, 2018 2:56 PM

Oladipo deserves 2nd team, IMO.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, May 24, 2018 8:06 PM

No Iggy again for Golden State. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, May 24, 2018 10:08 PM

MVP MVP

lol Houston stars shrink in the big moments

MVP 0-7 from 3 in a half

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, May 24, 2018 11:02 PM

Harden has missed 18 straight 3’s

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, May 24, 2018 11:20 PM

MVP 5/20 and 0/10

Paul 6/18 with 2 impossible garbage makes

mhs95_06

Thu, May 24, 2018 11:21 PM

NBA games are so much better when they play good defense!