NBA '18/'19 Season

Home Forums Sports

Mulva

Tue, Oct 30, 2018 9:57 PM

I know it’s super early, but I can’t imagine a scenario in which Melo actually increases the rockets odds of getting past GSW. 

And thats not a hot take because I would have said the same thing any time in the last 5 years.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Oct 30, 2018 10:03 PM
posted by Mulva

I know it’s super early, but I can’t imagine a scenario in which Melo actually increases the rockets odds of getting past GSW. 

And thats not a hot take because I would have said the same thing any time in the last 5 years.

Only way they have a chance is if they get Butler, AND get home court advantage, AND everyone stays healthy. Even then I give it a 10% shot. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Oct 31, 2018 10:56 PM

Derrick Rose goes for 50

Damn. Thought those days were LONG over.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Nov 1, 2018 9:57 AM
posted by Ironman92

Derrick Rose goes for 50

Damn. Thought those days were LONG over.

Same, very surprising. Esp considering his lack of a consistent 3 pt shot. Still need to watch the highlights of this one.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Nov 1, 2018 4:51 PM

He's gotten a lot of congrats on Twitter along with the videos of them celebrating him on the court after and in the locker room. IMO, goes a long way demonstrating how great of a teammate he is and a hard worker. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 2, 2018 1:49 PM

Luke Walton already being reprimanded by Magic Johnson for the Lakers "slow start." Gee, wonder who could be behind that? Perhaps Mr Passive Aggressive? Wouldn't surprise me if LBJ's boy, Ty Lue, was coaching that squad in the near future.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 1:09 AM

SC on in the background and showing highlights of Suns/Raptors and about 40 people in the stands

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 11:21 AM

I watched that game, there was more than 40, but it wasn't a sold out game either.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 3, 2018 11:28 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Luke Walton already being reprimanded by Magic Johnson for the Lakers "slow start." Gee, wonder who could be behind that? Perhaps Mr Passive Aggressive? Wouldn't surprise me if LBJ's boy, Ty Lue, was coaching that squad in the near future.

Walton’s job is not in jeopardy. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:47 PM

Celtics 5/26 to start game and only 15 points a few min into the 2nd

friendfromlowry

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 1:28 AM
posted by Ironman92

Celtics 5/26 to start game and only 15 points a few min into the 2nd

And win by 7 in overtime

friendfromlowry

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 4:30 AM
posted by Mulva

1-11 shooting tonight in an 18-point loss to OKC.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 7:02 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

And win by 7 in overtime

yeah....I knew it wouldn’t last long

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 8:41 AM
posted by wildcats20

Walton’s job is not in jeopardy. 

Yet

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 1:24 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

1-11 shooting tonight in an 18-point loss to OKC.

Melo is kind of like Dwight Howard now, where he's a former star who, for some reason I can't fathom, got a fair amount of "star" publicity and recognition longer than you'd expect, considering he's on the downside of his career and has the sort of effect on team chemistry that can turn a 60-win team into a 40-win one. Houston's window to beat GS basically closed the second they signed him.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 1:52 PM
posted by Heretic

Houston's window to beat GS basically closed the second they signed him.

I love it.  Not sure if it's because I hate Harden, or I dislike Melo.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 10:08 PM

Embiid 42/18

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Nov 9, 2018 11:01 PM

What is Utah wearing?

C’mon

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 12:40 AM
posted by Ironman92

Embiid 42/18

Insane game, the most one Ive seen soo far.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 12:51 PM

Jimmy Butler has been traded to Philly.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 2:06 PM

I don't get what Minnesota is doing. You turn down 3 first round picks, but accept THAT offer?

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 2:35 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don't get what Minnesota is doing. You turn down 3 first round picks, but accept THAT offer?

Saric and RC (on a great deal) is much better than 4 late first round picks. Both are big, defend, and can hit the long ball. Pretty sick haul for a guy who everyone know would be gone IMO.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 2:40 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Saric and RC (on a great deal) is much better than 4 late first round picks. Both are big, defend, and can hit the long ball. Pretty sick haul for a guy who everyone know would be gone IMO.

I guess. I'd still probably take the 4 later first round picks. You never know if they have a down year in there. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 2:44 PM

I thought I had read somewhere that the Houston trade was just rumors and never an actual thing. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sat, Nov 10, 2018 3:36 PM
posted by wildcats20

I thought I had read somewhere that the Houston trade was just rumors and never an actual thing. 

Woj on his podcast confirmed it, not sure about in print or twitter.