Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:37 AM

Love and TT suspended for sure.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:38 AM

Also, I would have woken up feeling a little better this morning if TT had slammed the ball at Draymond's head a lot harder. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:39 AM

~12 hours later, that loss is up there for me. Worse than game 1 of 2015, on par with Drive/Fumble/Mesa. Fucking refs, fucking Hill, fucking JR Smith.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:42 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

~12 hours later, that loss is up there for me. Worse than game 1 of 2015, on par with Drive/Fumble/Mesa. Fucking refs, fucking Hill, fucking JR Smith.

Yeah, if Hill hits that 2nd FT it puts the pressure on them to hit a game winner. Not sure they're that clutch in big moments.

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 12:27 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Fucking refs, fucking Hill, fucking JR Smith.

'nuff said right here

SportsAndLady

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 12:34 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, if Hill hits that 2nd FT it puts the pressure on them to hit a game winner. Not sure they're that clutch in big moments.

This. We should be shitting on Hill more than JR. JR fucked up but if Hill just makes a damn free throw we more than likely have a game 1 win. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 12:35 PM

FWIW, just heard one of the national analysts say he thinks TT will not be suspended but Love will.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 12:43 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

This. We should be shitting on Hill more than JR. JR fucked up but if Hill just makes a damn free throw we more than likely have a game 1 win. 

Yeah but the mental errors are worse to me than physical.

And how did Durant not go for the rebound????

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 12:44 PM

Smith not even owning up to the mistake??? Claiming he was trying to find LeBron?

That guy is the worst. Just say you fucked up and lost track of the score in the heat of the moment.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 12:50 PM
posted by Ironman92

Yeah but the mental errors are worse to me than physical.

I heard JR's reasoning for dribbling out and it was dumb as fuck to me. Said he was trying to dribble out to get an open look (wtf?) and thought Bron was going to call a timeout and then the game was over? He was RIGHT there at the hoop. If he drives to the right of the basket he gets a shot off and with the fact everything was helter skelter, I bet he gets fouled. Hill still needs to can that FT. Knowing the way the friggin' refs were, they probably would've called some bullshit phantom foul and lil Steph would've been shooting 2 for the win.

mhs95_06

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 1:44 PM

1) Hill makes that FT, GS calls TO, and has 4.7 to score 2 from half court and win, or lose with miss.

2) Hill misses FT, JR rebounds and calls TO, Cavs have 4.2 secs and ball in front court to score 2 to win, miss for OT.

3) Hill misses FT, JR rebounds and tries put-back, GS calls TO on miss or make, and has 2 sec to score from half court.  If JR had missed it'd be for the win, or if JR had made the put-back, it would be a 2 for OT or a trey for the win.

4) Hill misses FT, JR rebounds and passes to James at top of circle for trey to win or miss for OT.

5) Hill misses FT, GS rebounds and calls TO, GS has 4.2 secs from half court to score and win or miss for OT.

Rank these 5 scenarios from most to least advantageous toward a Cavs win. (my ranks: 42315)

Would the total of all 5 of these scenarios of chances of the Cavs winning be more than if than if the charge call would not have been overturned with 35 sec left?  (I say no)

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 1:54 PM

I didn't realize Tony Brothers was calling for a block and that's probably why the white ref hesitated mid motion on his charge call.   That just makes it 100000x more suspicious they weren't actually going to the table to review if Lebron was in the restricted area and they actually just went there to review whether it was a block/charge.  Especially since the white ref was in plain site to see Lebron wasn't even close to the restricted area. Those two should fired and never allowed to ref a fucking game again. 

superman

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 2:14 PM

LeBron walking out of the press conference and saying "Be better tomorrow," was awesome.  

QuakerOats

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 2:29 PM

Was he telling the media or the refs to be better, or both?    :)

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 2:31 PM

I think Love will be fine. He was on the court arguing a call before the actual altercation started. Went back to bench when it started.

QuakerOats

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 2:31 PM
posted by Automatik

Most bullshit overturned call I can remember since they took the INT from Polamalu against Indy.

Also, 2 (or 3?) missed blatant hacks on LeBron down the stretch. 

Hell, this overturned call hearkens back to the '72 Olympics, with the Soviets being given 3 different attempts to win the game in the final 3 seconds.  Complete and utter bullshit. 

slingshot4ever

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 3:08 PM
posted by BR1986FB

FWIW, just heard one of the national analysts say he thinks TT will not be suspended but Love will.

Sounds like Love will not be suspended....jury still out on Thompson

QuakerOats

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 3:12 PM

I sent my email to the NBA, just to weigh in on the terrible calls and relieve a bit of the anguish. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 5:15 PM

Response:

Thanks for contacting us about the officiating during Game 1 of NBA Finals 2018 presented by YouTube TV.

With respect to why the call on the Kevin Durant drive to the basket was overturned from a charge to a blocking foul on LeBron James with 36.4 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, please refer to referee Ken Mauer’s comments to a pool reporter following the game here.  You can also view NBA Senior Vice President of Replay & Referee Operations Joe Borgia’s explanation of the call here.

Additionally, you can view referee Tony Brother’s explanation of Tristan Thompson’s flagrant foul with 2.6 seconds remaining in OT here.

We take the performance of our referees very seriously.  They are subject to incredible scrutiny by the league, which includes tracking every call they make and holding them to the most rigorous standards in all of sports.  We strive to ensure that NBA games are officiated at the highest possible level, while at the same time understanding that perfection is an unattainable goal.

The NBA is also committed to transparency in its officiating program.  The league shares with fans and the media play-by-play reports regarding all calls and material non-calls that occur in the last two minutes of close games and during entire overtime periods.  You can review the NBA’s assessment of Game 1 here at 5 p.m. ET.

Thanks again for writing us and sharing your views.  We hope you enjoy the rest of the Finals.

Sincerely,

redacted

NBA Fan Relations

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 6:06 PM

Anyone know what the green bars mean in the 2 min report?

superman

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 7:34 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Response:

Thanks for contacting us about the officiating during Game 1 of NBA Finals 2018 presented by YouTube TV.

With respect to why the call on the Kevin Durant drive to the basket was overturned from a charge to a blocking foul on LeBron James with 36.4 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, please refer to referee Ken Mauer’s comments to a pool reporter following the game here.  You can also view NBA Senior Vice President of Replay & Referee Operations Joe Borgia’s explanation of the call here.

Additionally, you can view referee Tony Brother’s explanation of Tristan Thompson’s flagrant foul with 2.6 seconds remaining in OT here.

We take the performance of our referees very seriously.  They are subject to incredible scrutiny by the league, which includes tracking every call they make and holding them to the most rigorous standards in all of sports.  We strive to ensure that NBA games are officiated at the highest possible level, while at the same time understanding that perfection is an unattainable goal.

The NBA is also committed to transparency in its officiating program.  The league shares with fans and the media play-by-play reports regarding all calls and material non-calls that occur in the last two minutes of close games and during entire overtime periods.  You can review the NBA’s assessment of Game 1 here at 5 p.m. ET.

Thanks again for writing us and sharing your views.  We hope you enjoy the rest of the Finals.

Sincerely,

redacted

NBA Fan Relations

Mauer saying they were unsure of the restricted area is a fucking lie. He was staring right at LeBron when the play happened. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:21 PM

NBA review of final 2 min....smh

vball10set

paying it forward

Sat, Jun 2, 2018 7:46 AM
posted by Ironman92

NBA review of final 2 min....smh

lol, yeah--what a joke

BR1986FB

Sat, Jun 2, 2018 9:17 AM