Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 12:23 AM
posted by wes_mantooth

I agree that this series is probably over...no idea how you come back from that BS.  I do like that Lue isn't taking the high road in the post game.  He used the word "robbed" when addressing the officiating.  I mean, everyone knows it, but I hate when coaches skirt the questions

Agreed.  I am happy Lue finally said something.  I always said he needed to, but he never has the balls.

Rachel Nichols‏Verified account @Rachel__Nichols

FollowFollow @Rachel__Nichols

More

Rachel Nichols Retweeted Royce Young

Ty Lue: "You know he's outside the restricted area & you go overturn the call & say it's a block? It's never been done, ever, in the history of the game. And tonight in the Finals on the biggest stage, when our team played well, played our ass off - it aint right. It aint right."

posted by kizer permanente

I love the Cavs but we don’t deserve Lebron. He should be playing somewhere with real players. Not clowns that don’t know the fucking score. 

GTFO with this bullshit right now.

kizer permanente

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 12:29 AM

GTFO with this bullshit right now.

Sorry.... even looking at Jr pictures on twitter right now is making my blood boil. 

mhs95_06

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 12:48 AM

The block/charge/circle rule is written badly.  It should be that if the review shows the defender inside the circle then a charge can be overturned to a block, and if the defender is outside the circle then a block can be overturned to a charge.  This would mean that a judgement call made on the court like tonight would not be able to be overturned.  Badly written rule that they should have seen these bad consequences as being an unwanted outcome if they would have run through the scenarios and written it properly to avoid judgement calls on fouls being reviewed.  With the way it is they may as well review all foul and non-foul calls in the last 2 minutes to be consistent!

wes_mantooth

Tomfoolery & shenanigans

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 1:00 AM

Such a sham

The following is a pool reporter transcript from tonight’s NBA Finals Game 1: pic.twitter.com/GTyrWpXa3p

— NBA Official (@NBAOfficial) June 1, 2018

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 3:34 AM

That overturn is infuriating and cost the Cavs the small slimmer they had at a title. Game was almost over if they don’t reverse it.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 6:54 AM
posted by Laley23

That overturn is infuriating and cost the Cavs the small slimmer they had at a title. Game was almost over if they don’t reverse it.

As I mentioned previously, Lebron scored on the next possession.  Without the overturn, Cavs are likely up 4 with 20 or less seconds. Fucking sports, I haven't felt this shitty after a loss since the Indians lost game 7.

kizer permanente

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 7:29 AM

I’m never going to get over that fucking call. You can’t convince me that wasn’t the biggest hose job in nba finals history. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 7:44 AM

Can't really say anything that hasn't been said. That was their window to put a gut punch to the Warriors. Not sure they will play at that level again in this series. Refs can go to Hell and thanks for that Chris Webber moment, JR. I honestly couldn't sleep I was so worked up over that bullshit.

I think they may be able to fare better at home but this one was gut wrenching. As soon as it went to OT I said "it's over." I expect Game 2 to be a Warriors blowout.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 8:12 AM
posted by wes_mantooth

The NBA will come out tomorrow and say the wrong call was made....but it makes no fucking difference.  Such a shame

I don't even think that's happening. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 9:36 AM
posted by kizer permanente

I’m never going to get over that fucking call. You can’t convince me that wasn’t the biggest hose job in nba finals history. 

I had a bad feeling as soon as the ref blew the whistle, started to make a motion for a charge call, and then hesitated for 1 second, before finally making the call. Lebron was nowhere near the restricted area and they used that as an excuse to review whether lebron was blocking or not.  

Can you imagine in a pivotal moment of a NFL playoff game, where the refs are reviewing a TD call, but then they come out and are like "oh, Bitonio actually held on that play."  That is exactly what those NBA refs did last night.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 9:42 AM

Also, I fucking hate when people throw in the "well if (insert team and players) executed here and there, they would never have to worry about the refs" card.  Fuck that noise.  Sometimes teams are so evenly matched in one game it is going to come down to a few plays.  As a ref (yes I am using this card), you HAVE to make the right fucking decisions.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 10:06 AM
posted by like_that

Also, I fucking hate when people throw in the "well if (insert team and players) executed here and there, they would never have to worry about the refs" card.  Fuck that noise.  Sometimes teams are so evenly matched in one game it is going to come down to a few plays.  As a ref (yes I am using this card), you HAVE to make the right fucking decisions.

This. I don't give a fuck about anything else other than getting dicked by the refs. No shit, if Lebron scored 62 they win. But it didn't, and the only 100% sketch as fuck issue was the charge changed to a block.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 10:34 AM
posted by like_that

Yeah, I don't like to use the ref card but this one left me so pissed off I couldn't relax. The refs in the NBA are pretty bad as a whole, imo.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 10:36 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, I don't like to use the ref card but this one left me so pissed off I couldn't relax. The refs in the NBA are pretty bad as a whole, imo.

I like bitching about refs during games in the heat of the moment, but rarely I ever blame games on them.  This shit was unforgivable. 

Automatik

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 10:38 AM

Most bullshit overturned call I can remember since they took the INT from Polamalu against Indy.

Also, 2 (or 3?) missed blatant hacks on LeBron down the stretch. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 10:59 AM
posted by Ironman92

This is the exact same way I feel... embarrassed.  It's a mockery, and NBA will only stand by their clown officials.  NBA wants to do something, they can call these idiots out publicly.  Won't happen.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:00 AM
posted by like_that

I like bitching about refs during games in the heat of the moment, but rarely I ever blame games on them.  This shit was unforgivable. 

I'm with you. I rarely blame officials on much because they're not perfect and if my team loses it's on them primarily. But I'm seriously wondering if those fools had money invested in Golden State winning last night. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:06 AM
posted by Automatik

Most bullshit overturned call I can remember since they took the INT from Polamalu against Indy.

Also, 2 (or 3?) missed blatant hacks on LeBron down the stretch. 

Not to mention the clean strip Lebron had on KD, but was also called for a foul. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:10 AM

What pisses me off the most is that the Cavs have to play a near perfect game to come close to beating these guys and then they get stripped of it by the refs? It's hard enough to beat the Warriors team but when the refs are against you too, forget about it.  Seems like every time they play Golden State we see this shit. Happened in one of the regular season games where it was close down the stretch and Lebron got raped (literally knocked to the floor) and there was a no call.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:17 AM

I’ll compare it (way less important scenario and sorry of Steelers Mention) but when Bettis called tails on OT coin flip and Phil Ludwig said he said heads and gave home team Lions the ball.

Hsd the refs assed up a live call....sucks but happens....but to review it and do what they did? Unprecedented and looks atrocious on the NBA. 

My irritating FB bandwagon GS fans didn’t even post about the win...that’s very telling on how bad it was. Everyone knows who should’ve won except for maybe fucking Draymond

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:27 AM

Anyone see Kerr's reaction to JR Smith?  Then the entire overtime, their players.  They knew they were beat.  They knew JR gifted them.  Kerr had facepalm reaction like, "Wow, JR.  You dumb fuck.  WTF are you doing?  Thanks."

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:27 AM

Anyone want to take predictions on Klay, TT, and Love for game two?

I'll say: Klay is fine, and TT or Love gets suspended. Because NBA. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:30 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Anyone want to take predictions on Klay, TT, and Love for game two?

I'll say: Klay is fine, and TT or Love gets suspended. Because NBA. 

Not sure if it's gonna matter. After that demoralizing loss, I'm expecting a 20+ point blowout but I get your point.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jun 1, 2018 11:35 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Not sure if it's gonna matter. After that demoralizing loss, I'm expecting a 20+ point blowout but I get your point.

I thought every game would be a blowout sans a last ditch effort in game 4 where they avoid elimination for one more game. So, anything is possible. I think a difference between this year and last is Lebron somehow got even better, and Golden State just doesn't seem as perfect as usual. The defense and rebounding is particularly sloppy. 

I think Cleveland responds to the horseshit that was game one and plays it close again, or Golden State picks up where they left off in overtime and it isn't close from start to finish.