Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

ppaw1999

Mon, May 28, 2018 12:58 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Hey, at one time, I thought there was no way LBJ could eclipse Jordan. That's long gone. Jordan played with HOFer's. While in Cleveland, outside of the brief time KI was here, LBJ's had nothing.

It's funny because a play in that game last night brought thoughts of Jordan. On that breakaway basket at the end by LBJ, which looked like goaltending (didn't have the sound up on the TV where I was at), he had the one guy hanging all over him. I thought to myself "if someone hung on Jordan like that, they would've been on trial as co-conspirators in the Menendez brothers murder trial. Jordan was coddled by the refs. Lebron should have to submit to a rape kit after ever game with what he has to deal with.

I agree. If you could but LBJ on the Bulls teams in place of Jordan, LBJ would have at least one more championship. He wouldn't screw around with baseball like Jordan did. I'm a Cavs fan and a LBJ fan. All I posted was Jordan who? and Superman gave me a neg and told me not to be stupid. Superman must be a Bulls fan and is posting on the wrong forum.

BR1986FB

Mon, May 28, 2018 1:02 PM
posted by ppaw1999

I agree. If you could but LBJ on the Bulls teams in place of Jordan, LBJ would have at least one more championship. He wouldn't screw around with baseball like Jordan did. I'm a Cavs fan and a LBJ fan. All I posted was Jordan who? and Superman gave me a neg and told me not to be stupid. Superman must be a Bulls fan and is posting on the wrong forum.

For some reason, these two always get compared but other than scoring, they aren't very similar, to me. Jordan was a scorer. LBJ is more of a complete team player. The best comparison to LBJ has always been Magic, imo

EDIT: Also looked up some stats and LBJ has about 2500 more assists than Jordan. If Lebron isn't quite as selfless and shoots all of those, at his .504 career shooting %, he has about 1000 more career points than Jordan.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, May 28, 2018 1:12 PM

The Jordan playing with other HOF players....I feel without Jordan, Pippen falls well short of HOF

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, May 28, 2018 2:33 PM

LeBron averaging 34/9/9 these playoffs

His playoff career (235 games) 29/9/7

Regular season career 27/7.5/7.2

superman

Mon, May 28, 2018 3:03 PM

Marcus Morris claimed to be the LeBron stopper.  Held Bron to 33.6 during the series. 

friendfromlowry

Mon, May 28, 2018 3:40 PM

There’s nothing more boring and tiring than a Lebron vs Jordan debate.

BRF

Mon, May 28, 2018 4:00 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

There’s nothing more boring and tiring than a Lebron vs Jordan debate.

I've seen absolutely no one state that opinion.

;-)

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, May 28, 2018 7:46 PM
posted by Ironman92

LeBron averaging 34/9/9 these playoffs

His playoff career (235 games) 29/9/7

Regular season career 27/7.5/7.2

We’re living in a special time here, and we need to appreciate it for as long as it lasts...LBJ is The King...period.

Verbal Kint

Mon, May 28, 2018 8:11 PM
posted by ppaw1999

He wouldn't screw around with baseball like Jordan did. 

Why did I think that was a "suspension" for gambling, retire and take a few seasons "off"

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, May 28, 2018 8:33 PM
posted by like_that

https://www.barstoolsports.com/mjvslebron/  this will settle the argument once and for all.

Can't find a combination where Lebron was the winner.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, May 28, 2018 8:35 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Can't find a combination where Lebron was the winner.

There are definitely quite a few.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, May 28, 2018 8:53 PM

Kyrie wasn’t at game 7 because he had surgery on his nose...what the hell?

SportsAndLady

Mon, May 28, 2018 9:07 PM
posted by wildcats20

Kyrie wasn’t at game 7 because he had surgery on his nose...what the hell?

Sure his teammates love him!

superman

Mon, May 28, 2018 9:21 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Sure his teammates love him!

I'm sure he'll start complaining next year about being in Tatum's shadow.

superman

Mon, May 28, 2018 9:30 PM
posted by like_that

There are definitely quite a few.

My favorite was Jordan with the White Sox vs. LeBron playing tight end for the Browns.  LeBron in 6

ppaw1999

Tue, May 29, 2018 10:21 AM
posted by superman

Kyrie still in LeBron's shadow.

Does anyone really thinks the Cavs win this series if Boston had a healthy Kyrie? 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, May 29, 2018 10:31 AM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  In the East, I will not bet against Lebron until Lebron gives me good reason to bet against Lebron.

slingshot4ever

Tue, May 29, 2018 10:43 AM
posted by ppaw1999

Does anyone really thinks the Cavs win this series if Boston had a healthy Kyrie? 

Most all of the Celtics played a good series.  So who is giving up 40+ minutes in total for Kyrie to play?  Offense would have ran differently with him.....hard to say if that would have been for good or bad.

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 29, 2018 10:44 AM
posted by ppaw1999

I thought the Cavs would get killed without Love in game 7 but Boston absolutely shit the bed (at home, too). Who knows how this stuff could work out. Maybe you plug Kyie and/or Hayward in there and someone else's production drops off to cancel it all out. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, May 29, 2018 12:29 PM

Yes, they would’ve won with Kyrie. The guy plays defense worse than anyone on the Cavs. LeBron would’ve switched onto him just like they did Rozier, with even more success. Kyrie scores more consistently...but at who’s expense? Someone isn’t getting shots if he is getting 25. Likely Tatum.

ppaw1999

Tue, May 29, 2018 12:37 PM
posted by Laley23

Yes, they would’ve won with Kyrie. The guy plays defense worse than anyone on the Cavs. LeBron would’ve switched onto him just like they did Rozier, with even more success. Kyrie scores more consistently...but at who’s expense? Someone isn’t getting shots if he is getting 25. Likely Tatum.

Kyrie can create his own shot and would attack the basket when the 3s are not going in. Boston mainly went with a 7 man rotation limiting Stevens options. With a healthy Kyrie he would have a lot more to work with. Love the Cavs, but I think Boston wins the series with Kyrie. More likely Kyrie would play instead of Rozier giving Boston a great 6th man off the bench.

ppaw1999

Tue, May 29, 2018 12:42 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I thought the Cavs would get killed without Love in game 7 but Boston absolutely shit the bed (at home, too). Who knows how this stuff could work out. Maybe you plug Kyie and/or Hayward in there and someone else's production drops off to cancel it all out. 

I think the moment got to the younger Celtics just like it did to Philly. I would think Hayward and Kyrie would hit more 3s. Plus I don't think playing games in Cleveland would seem like away games to Kyrie after all his years in Cleveland.