Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:49 PM

For as many as James makes, it amazes me how often he misses bunny shots. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:50 PM

Finish that, James!

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:50 PM

God damn this game. I was content with losing earlier now it’s going to suck.

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:51 PM
posted by like_that

God damn this game. I was content with losing earlier now it’s going to suck.

This

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:51 PM

Fresh 24.  Get a bucket quick, in my opinion.  Then D up.  Don't take too much time off.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:52 PM

Second half of overtime was complete garbage

Can’t believe they pulled it out after that. Wow

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:53 PM

That is 100% on Lebron

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:54 PM

Wtf jr lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:56 PM

Gotta admit....turned to watch with 40 seconds left and GD what a terrible possession double clutch shot that whiffed the rim. Then good defense on last possession then grab a rebound with a second and two players calling timeout??? WTF

I can watch more now. Good win

kizer permanente

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:56 PM

Why the fuck would you call a timeout lol 

Verbal Kint

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:59 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Why the fuck would you call a timeout lol 

To prevent Thompson on the line was my thinking?

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, May 1, 2018 11:00 PM

Stole that game.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, May 1, 2018 11:04 PM

That's a big steal.  Not only stealing game 1, but in the fashion they did it.  Didn't take a lead until OT.  Hopefully that lingers in the raps minds. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, May 1, 2018 11:08 PM
posted by like_that

That's a big steal.  Not only stealing game 1, but in the fashion they did it.  Didn't take a lead until OT.  Hopefully that lingers in the raps minds. 

Just want to add the amount of times the raps were so close to scoring and securing the win.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, May 1, 2018 11:12 PM

Great win. LeBron shot poorly, and was clearly tired. Finally some others stepped up, which was to be expected a bit. Love was still trash. 

If LeBron gets that help again, and is a bit more rested, this could be 2-0 going back to Cleveland.

cat_lover

Tue, May 1, 2018 11:25 PM

How about that?

Nice win!!

Go Cavs!!

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 1, 2018 11:40 PM

Great game. Can't remember being that excited since the 2016 finals maybe. 

BRF

Tue, May 1, 2018 11:45 PM

Jimmy Donovan says the same thing........stole that game. 

How about fought hard and came back to win?

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, May 1, 2018 11:55 PM

Just wanted to say FUCK THE REFS. I'm not normally a ref hater, esp in the NBA as I think it's very hard to do correctly. But JFC, LBJ was fucking punched in the gut in front of the ref, no call. Lowry barrels into Love on the other end, AND1? Are you kidding?

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, May 2, 2018 6:26 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Just wanted to say FUCK THE REFS. I'm not normally a ref hater, esp in the NBA as I think it's very hard to do correctly. But JFC, LBJ was fucking punched in the gut in front of the ref, no call. Lowry barrels into Love on the other end, AND1? Are you kidding?

In refereeing there is a philosophy of "managing the game."  It's basically putting "advantage/disadvantage" over the black/white rules, unless things are blatantly obvious.  That's just in a  nutshell, and it's a lot more complex... but I HATE the game management in the NBA. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 2, 2018 6:58 AM
posted by BRF

Jimmy Donavan says the same thing........stole that game. 

How about fought hard and came back to win?

They fought hard to come back and steal game 1.

posted by Commander of Awesome

They were terrible the last 10 minutes (regulation and OT) of the game.  Also, could've sworn the raps held the ball for 5 seconds during that inbound that Derozan scored with 2.2 seconds.  3-4 possessions later they were hit for a violation for the same exact thing it it felt much shorter than the previous time.  Makes me wonder if that was a make up call.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, May 2, 2018 7:40 AM

wow, didn't see that one coming, but we'll take it...nice to see the bench come through as well

BR1986FB

Wed, May 2, 2018 8:38 AM
posted by like_that

Yep. Like almost everyone, I had game 1 chalked up to a loss before the game, mainly due to the fatigue that's hit LBJ and the fact nobody else has shown up. Supporting cast finally stepped up.

As I've mentioned before, the Raptors (and their fans) already seem to consider Lebron to be the Boogieman. He's in their heads that they can't beat him.

That loss last night had to be soul crushing. They had LBJ where they wanted him and STILL couldn't beat the Cavs. In the post game presser, the Raps coach Casey said "I don't know if it was nerves or we got the yips..." in other words, he went on national TV and just told everyone his team choked.

Wish they had an extra day of rest for Lebron but if they can somehow get out of Toronto 2-0, this series will be essentially over. I'm more than willing to eat crow and wear that avatar if they can make it to the Finals.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, May 2, 2018 8:57 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Yep. Like almost everyone, I had game 1 chalked up to a loss before the game, mainly due to the fatigue that's hit LBJ and the fact nobody else has shown up. Supporting cast finally stepped up.

As I've mentioned before, the Raptors (and their fans) already seem to consider Lebron to be the Boogieman. He's in their heads that they can't beat him.

That loss last night had to be soul crushing. They had LBJ where they wanted him and STILL couldn't beat the Cavs. In the post game presser, the Raps coach Casey said "I don't know if it was nerves or we got the yips..." in other words, he went on national TV and just told everyone his team choked.

Wish they had an extra day of rest for Lebron but if they can somehow get out of Toronto 2-0, this series will be essentially over. I'm more than willing to eat crow and wear that avatar if they can make it to the Finals.

lol you are getting ahead of yourself with the bet.  After the Indiana series my confidence has plummeted, and now it's just a wait and see approach for me.  We will find out if that game was soul crushing, but being at home I doubt it will linger for them.  I definitely was content with losing that game though.  I expected a loss coming in and It looked like a typical 8-10 point loss where the cavs kept closing the gap, but then would let it go back to 8-12 points. I am pleasantly surprised they grinded out that win. I would expect Toronto to play better in game 2 as it is a must win for them.

Toronto is better than Indiana, but also a better match-up for the Cavs imo.  They aren't as physical and I don't think they can defend the Cavs like Indiana (pretty much what Laley has been saying).  Also, I read somewhere that Love was -8 while he was playing center, but +15ish at PF.  I think there is a 100% chance Lue plays Love at center and watches JV body bag him for 5 possessions in a row.  If Love isn't hitting his shots at center, he is useless at that position.  He did nothing last night to make JV unplayable.   I guess in Lue's defense, in the Cavs' two regular season wins vs Toronto Love played center and was hitting his shots, thus JV was unplayable. 

BR1986FB

Wed, May 2, 2018 9:00 AM
posted by like_that

lol you are getting ahead of yourself with the bet.  After the Indiana series my confidence has plummeted, and now it's just a wait and see approach for me.  We will find out if that game was soul crushing, but being at home I doubt it will linger for them.  I definitely was content with losing that game though.  I expected a loss coming in and It looked like a typical 8-10 point loss where the cavs kept closing the gap, but then would let it go back to 8-12 points. I am pleasantly surprised they grinded out that win. I would expect Toronto to play better in game 2 as it is a must win for them.

Toronto is better than Indiana, but also a better match-up for the Cavs imo.  They aren't as physical and I don't think they can defend the Cavs like Indiana (pretty much what Laley has been saying).  Also, I read somewhere that Love was -8 while he was playing center, but +15ish at PF.  I think there is a 100% chance Lue plays Love at center and watches JV body bag him for 5 possessions in a row.  If Love isn't hitting his shots at center, he is useless at that position.  He did nothing last night to make JV unplayable.   I guess in Lue's defense, in the Cavs' two regular season wins vs Toronto Love played center and was hitting his shots, thus JV was unplayable. 

I don't expect the Cavs supporting cast to play like that every night but I also don't expect Lebron to play like that either. His shooting numbers (12-30) were Kobe-esque. As I said, just wish they were playing Friday, instead of Thursday, so LBJ would have more rest.