Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Mon, Apr 30, 2018 10:27 AM
posted by BR1986FB

If the Cavs somehow get out of the East, they aren't getting by Houston either.

I tend to agree. There's a part of me that thinks this could finally be Houston's year. I know Harden is hated on here (and I'm not a big fan myself) but god damn can he score. The whole team, really. 

If the Cavs were to lose, how much would everyone's interest in the remaining playoffs drop? I'd still watch a lot and hop on the 76ers playoff bandwagon. The only time I wouldn't care to watch is if it were a Boston - Golden State finals. 

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 30, 2018 10:31 AM
posted by BR1986FB

If the Cavs somehow get out of the East, they aren't getting by Houston either.

Harden could go cold and cp3 could get hurt lol 

its at least a chance. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 30, 2018 10:37 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I tend to agree. There's a part of me that thinks this could finally be Houston's year. I know Harden is hated on here (and I'm not a big fan myself) but god damn can he score. The whole team, really. 

If the Cavs were to lose, how much would everyone's interest in the remaining playoffs drop? I'd still watch a lot and hop on the 76ers playoff bandwagon. The only time I wouldn't care to watch is if it were a Boston - Golden State finals. 

Yeah, I don't think the Cavs have the firepower to keep up with them. Trading 3's with 2's, I think would be the Cavs downfall. Don't think they can go toe to toe with them shooting 3's.

If the Cavs exit early, the Sixers would be the only team I'd have interest in winning it.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Apr 30, 2018 11:10 AM

Reading some pundits predicting a sweep, hard to argue with that honestly. The only thing I have to retort is, "yeah well we got lbj tho".

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 30, 2018 11:18 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Reading some pundits predicting a sweep, hard to argue with that honestly. The only thing I have to retort is, "yeah well we got lbj tho".

I'm just hoping he has some gas left in the tank for this series. Starting on a Tuesday sucks. One thing they have in their corner is that Toronto has considered the Cavs "the boogieman" and have been intimidated by them. Not sure if that will be the case after that Indiana series.

ppaw1999

Mon, Apr 30, 2018 2:47 PM
posted by Laley23

Don’t get me wrong, they may lose all 4 games they play. I just expect other guys to contribute on offense and the offense in general too look better, based on the tempo and defense Toronto will employ, versus Indiana.

Siakam and OG are really, really good defenders, but as a whole, Toronto isn’t great. And the style of game, should, lead to some easier buckets for the Cavs.

I hope Hill is full go this series. He might be able to stabilize the cavs ball handling and allow more freedom to operate for LBJ and Love.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Apr 30, 2018 6:07 PM

Hill/James PnR was a damn thing of beauty. Kinda like when Kyrie and LBJ did it in ‘16. I know LeBron doesn’t like to be the screener, but he is basically unstoppable when utilizing it. Hoping Lue keeps that in the arsenal this series, if/when needed.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Apr 30, 2018 8:13 PM
posted by Laley23

Hill/James PnR was a damn thing of beauty. Kinda like when Kyrie and LBJ did it in ‘16. I know LeBron doesn’t like to be the screener, but he is basically unstoppable when utilizing it. Hoping Lue keeps that in the arsenal this series, if/when needed.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, May 1, 2018 6:09 PM

ALRIGHT, LETS FUCKING GO

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 1, 2018 6:59 PM

Cavs lose tonight comfortably by 8-12

come back and win game 2 on a last second tip in by rodney hood. Book it 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, May 1, 2018 7:50 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Cavs lose tonight comfortably by 8-12

come back and win game 2 on a last second tip in by rodney hood. Book it 

Could easily see that.

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 1, 2018 8:27 PM

We're just going to have to outscore them. We don't seem too interested in stopping them at all.

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 1, 2018 8:33 PM

Kevin Love...fuckin sucks

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 1, 2018 8:38 PM

I'd rather play 4v5 than watch Love out there

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, May 1, 2018 8:50 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Kevin Love...fuckin sucks

It doesnt make sense how he was killing it when he returned with the new roster.

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 1, 2018 9:03 PM

Love sits, we go on a run. I wouldn’t put him back in this game. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 1, 2018 9:03 PM
posted by like_that

It doesnt make sense how he was killing it when he returned with the new roster.

Makes sense to me. He’s never been clutch. He doesn’t put up 20/10 numbers in the playoffs. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, May 1, 2018 9:25 PM

How does Kyle Korver miss a wide open 3-pointer?  You have ONE job.  These people should never (EVER) miss a wide open shot.  Korver, Smith, Love, James.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, May 1, 2018 9:25 PM

OK, enough ISO.  I'd like to see James in the pick-n-roll. 

Crimson streak

Tue, May 1, 2018 9:26 PM

Love sucks so bad 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, May 1, 2018 9:42 PM

Build off this Korver 3.  Also, punch Valachooniss in the nuts.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, May 1, 2018 9:50 PM

Such a frustrating game to watch.

friendfromlowry

Tue, May 1, 2018 9:51 PM

Haven't been able to watch much. How many times have they shown Drake being a douchebag on the sideline?

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 1, 2018 9:54 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Haven't been able to watch much. How many times have they shown Drake being a douchebag on the sideline?

Not much. He almost got into a scruffle with kendrick Perkins at halftime though lol would have loved to see that play out

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, May 1, 2018 10:01 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Not much. He almost got into a scruffle with kendrick Perkins at halftime though lol would have loved to see that play out

I don’t think Drake would’ve liked how that worked out