Browns season 2021

Home Forums Sports

gut

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 1:06 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Browns should just call their bluff and forfeit. The league would flip out if they lost their 4:30 Saturday game.

That's what a lot of people wanted PIT to do last year.  But, it's a business and no one wants to give up a paycheck or pay a fine.

It's dumb.  I said weeks ago that if you're vaccinated you should play no questions asked.  There's no transmission happening on the football field.

Getting to the point where the smart teams are going to want to implement some sort of self-bubble.  I don't think players are going to want to do that, but what if Tom Brady tests positive two days before a playoff game?  And I'd bet the NFL is going to change rules for the playoffs because they don't want to see a star sitting out when they know damn well that guy isn't giving Covid to the other team.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 2:31 PM

Looks like Njoku is at least back 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 3:27 PM

They shouldn't even be fucking testing. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 3:42 PM

Dumb if they have to play without all those players.

And testing the vaccinated so much is dumb.

BR1986FB

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 4:15 PM

Not guaranteeing a victory but thinking about what the Browns will be trotting out there on Saturday, I think they have better than a punchers chance if nobody else gets it. The O-Line they are bringing out there is no worse than what Cincy or Pittsburgh sends out there and they'll have Chubb (maybe DEJ if no positive test). 

This one will be ALL on the defense. Raiders have only been scoring 16 ppg over their last several. If Myles, Clowney, JOK & Ward don't catch it, I like the Browns chances.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 5:54 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not guaranteeing a victory but thinking about what the Browns will be trotting out there on Saturday, I think they have better than a punchers chance if nobody else gets it. The O-Line they are bringing out there is no worse than what Cincy or Pittsburgh sends out there and they'll have Chubb (maybe DEJ if no positive test). 

This one will be ALL on the defense. Raiders have only been scoring 16 ppg over their last several. If Myles, Clowney, JOK & Ward don't catch it, I like the Browns chances.

Good attitude and reasonable 

To continue my run of being unreasonable I thought the not good Raiders would beat Cleveland  before all of the Cleveland COVID issues….because league parity seems overly important to the NFL this year….but maybe enough teams are alive and in position and the NFL can cut the Raiders

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 6:58 PM

BR1986FB

Wed, Dec 15, 2021 8:02 PM
posted by Ironman92

Good attitude and reasonable 

To continue my run of being unreasonable I thought the not good Raiders would beat Cleveland  before all of the Cleveland COVID issues….because league parity seems overly important to the NFL this year….but maybe enough teams are alive and in position and the NFL can cut the Raiders

The Browns aren't playing with their best O-Line but LV's run defense is a sieve. If they give the Raiders the full "Chubb" it will set up play action for Keenum. Being fully healthy, unlike Mayfield, he should be able to utilize it. Browns defense needs to show up. Raiders are circling the drain right now.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 12:23 PM

No new positives today

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 12:28 PM
posted by BR1986FB
The Browns aren't playing with their best O-Line but LV's run defense is a sieve. If they give the Raiders the full "Chubb" it will set up play action for Keenum. Being fully healthy, unlike Mayfield, he should be able to utilize it. Browns defense needs to show up. Raiders are circling the drain right now.

Again, all completely reasonable but there have been 2-3 games every week where a team has no reasonable reason or way they can win and then they do. Browns will get off fast with Chubb and win or they’ll lose in heartbreaking fashion…..due to crazy happenings

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 12:29 PM

Yes I said it on purpose lol

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 12:33 PM

I have no doubt either thing you posted above can happen. Just don't think it's as gloom & doom as many think. Now watch them get boat raced.

Gardens35

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 1:24 PM

Njoku activated for Saturday.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 4:19 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I have no doubt either thing you posted above can happen. Just don't think it's as gloom & doom as many think. Now watch them get boat raced.

Agree

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 4:46 PM

Ronnie Harrison added to the list today. Kind of thin at Safety with JJIII being out.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 4:57 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:23 PM

Lol at the fullback and cornerback 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:25 PM

Keenum tests positive as well as 4 defensive players not yet named. FFS

Gardens35

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:36 PM

As of now, QB is Nick Mullens.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:39 PM

I hope Mullens tests positive and forces the NFLs hand. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:47 PM

NFL needs to make the right decision….this is silly

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 6:36 PM

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 9:14 PM

^^^yep, bunch of setup bullshit by the league

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 9:18 PM
posted by BR1986FB

^^^yep, bunch of setup bullshit by the league

But for what purpose? Goodell in some pissing match with Browns uppers?