Browns Regular Season 2019 Season | Season of Dreams

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 6:10 PM
posted by BRF

Except that this is a Browns thread and there is no Bengal thread for him to do the same to you. 

That being said.......Kitchens is not impressing me.....more and more....as the weeks go by.  I’m wondering if we should have stuck with Williams now. 

Oh well....coulda shoulda. It’s back to being a Browns fan with the same old same old. 

The old Josh Cribbs quote: “we almost always almost win”. 

He could start one but I’m not predicting too many Steelers wins.

I will apologize to Browns fans for my timing of the post.

BRF

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 6:21 PM
posted by Ironman92

He could start one but I’m not predicting too many Steelers wins.

I will apologize to Browns fans for my timing of the post.

Forgetta bout it  

It’s all good. 

We move on. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 7:31 PM
posted by BRF

I just remembered that.  Tried to correct it, but ya caught me!

So........there is no Steeler thread for you to do the same to him!

Lol 🤦‍♂️

Meh. Like water off a ducks back to me. We all make our share of shitty predictions. No worries here.

BRF

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 8:46 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Meh. Like water off a ducks back to me. We all make our share of shitty predictions. No worries here.

That’s good.

I’m still dealing with Kitchens and being 0-3 at home. Mayfield struggling. OBJ not being the “Messiah”. And that this was supposed to be our breakout year. 

Classyposter58

Sun, Oct 13, 2019 10:54 PM

Honestly Mayfield kinda sucks. I mean I get mad at Stafford sometimes but holy shit at least he doesn’t throw 11 picks in the first 6 games. 

Baker is probably gonna run himself out of the league, dude got way too cocky and now he’s eating massive crow

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 14, 2019 8:10 AM

Kitchens is a moron. His "reasoning" for rushing at the end toward halftime when Baker threw that end zone pick was "we had 3 timeouts left, I wanted to score quick, get the ball back and score again." Was he watching the same game I was? Seattle put the ball in the red zone 4 of their 5 possessions. His defense wasn't stopping them.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 14, 2019 1:10 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Kitchens is a moron. His "reasoning" for rushing at the end toward halftime when Baker threw that end zone pick was "we had 3 timeouts left, I wanted to score quick, get the ball back and score again." Was he watching the same game I was? Seattle put the ball in the red zone 4 of their 5 possessions. His defense wasn't stopping them.

Dude needs to just admit he was wrong. That shit pissed me off. And if he is telling the truth, he isn’t long for this job, because that’s the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard.

QuakerOats

Mon, Oct 14, 2019 1:51 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Kinda reminds me of Charlie Manuel.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Oct 14, 2019 1:53 PM

I hope that was a joke of a response from Kitchens smh.

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 14, 2019 2:39 PM
posted by like_that

I hope that was a joke of a response from Kitchens smh.

No, he was dead serious. Could tell in his tone. Local radio guys were comparing it to getting your paycheck and spending it all on scratch off lottery tickets, hoping to parlay it into a bigger income. I'm sure the audio of the press conference is somewhere. Oh, and he's starting to sound like Hue Jackson..."we gotta do better...we gotta execute better...I gotta call better plays" like a broken record....every...damn....week.

As you said earlier, the team was over hyped. I bought in hook, line & sinker which is what pisses you off even more. If this were the 2017 team, we'd be like "meh, they suck anyway so no surprise." This team actually has expectations and they are under performing miserably.

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 14, 2019 2:42 PM
posted by Laley23

Dude needs to just admit he was wrong. That shit pissed me off. And if he is telling the truth, he isn’t long for this job, because that’s the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard.

This reminds me of when someone puts their hand on a hot stove and burns it. Do they do it again? Not likely but Freddie just did the SAME damn shit the week before against San Francisco (rushed things in the red zone on the Callaway deflected INT), got burnt and then he does it again the next week.

BRF

Mon, Oct 14, 2019 8:31 PM

crickets

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 14, 2019 8:37 PM

Heard Jarvis Landry's interview today with the media and he confirmed Kitchen's buffoonery. Said "we had them on the ropes and were trying to score twice before the half." (something to that effect) when asked about the hurry up down by the goal line before the half.

Can't stand Screamin A Smith but he may be right that Freddie is the wrong coach for this team at this time. This team was built for immediate success and probably should've had a HC who actually had HC'ing experience.

BRF

Mon, Oct 14, 2019 9:54 PM
posted by BR1986FB

This team was built for immediate success and probably should've had a HC who actually had HC'ing experience.

Yes, I like how you worded that.

I feel like another OC’er posted that thought, too, about someone who had HC’ing experience.  

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 15, 2019 7:36 AM
posted by BRF

Yes, I like how you worded that.

I feel like another OC’er posted that thought, too, about someone who had HC’ing experience.  

Seems like they have brought in/retained a lot of the guys Baker likes (Freddie, Garrett Gilbert, etc). Not sure that's a great thing.

Gardens35

Tue, Oct 15, 2019 4:32 PM

Corbett to Rams for 2021 pick.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Oct 15, 2019 4:41 PM
posted by Gardens35

Corbett to Rams for 2021 pick.

What a fucking waste. Dorsey admitting he screwed up. Pick #33...that's a bad miss.

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 15, 2019 5:22 PM
posted by iclfan2

What a fucking waste. Dorsey admitting he screwed up. Pick #33...that's a bad miss.

Makes the Zeitler trade look even worse as I think they were counting on him to be the replacement.

Al Bundy

Tue, Oct 15, 2019 6:33 PM

We are going after Trent Williams

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 15, 2019 8:10 PM
posted by Al Bundy

We are going after Trent Williams

Steve Doerschuk@sdoerschukREP

Hearing Trent Williams should be on Browns roster quite soon.

5:02 PM - Oct 15, 2019

BR1986FB

Wed, Oct 16, 2019 7:48 AM

As far as a potential Trent Williams trade goes...I only do this if they aren't giving up significant draft capital. My concern is that this would be a player and a pick and that player would be Higgins over Callaway. Higgins was healthy, and on the sidelines, against Seattle but never saw the field. That tells me he's either a) in the dog house or b) this trade could've been in the works and he's in it. IMO, Browns could've definitely used him in the red zone on Sunday.

As far as Williams goes, (hypothetically) if this trade goes down, how does the O-Line shape up? Assuming left to center would be Williams-Bitonio-Tretter, who is at RG & RT? Perhaps a question for Ironman or Heretic but did Chris Hubbard play any guard in Pittsburgh? If so, I'd plug him in at RG and GRob at RT. That way, you'd have two experienced guys on that right side and it might be less stress on both.

BR1986FB

Wed, Oct 16, 2019 5:12 PM

Seriously, how stupid ARE people? A supposed "fan" flagged down Myles Garrett for a photo and Garrett was gracious enough to oblige. Garrett cracks open the window on his car and the idiot punches Myles in the face.

Gardens35

Wed, Oct 16, 2019 6:25 PM

Some knucklenut from Strongsville.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Oct 16, 2019 8:19 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Seriously, how stupid ARE people? A supposed "fan" flagged down Myles Garrett for a photo and Garrett was gracious enough to oblige. Garrett cracks open the window on his car and the idiot punches Myles in the face.

What

the

fuck?

Wish he would’ve gotten out and killed the man

kizer permanente

Thu, Oct 17, 2019 6:36 AM

When I look at Myles Garrett, the absolute last thing on my mind is.. "I should punch this guy in the face".