Browns Regular Season 2019 Season | Season of Dreams

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 7:42 PM
posted by iclfan2

Won’t be surprised if Freddie is not the coach next year. “Easier” schedule coming up, but embarrassing losses so far

This "easier" schedule I'm not buying. Games that I thought would be sure wins (Cincy, Miami, etc) could all get "Freedie'd"

BR1986FB

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 7:47 PM
posted by Classyposter58

All this talk about Kitchens, and no one talks about how much Baker sucks

Because I still don't think he does. Yeah, he's getting the box checked for the INT's but half of those have been on receivers or (today) an O-Lineman getting blown up and a shovel pass getting picked, counting as an INT. The guy played very well last year. He didn't just forget how to play.

I've used this example, a few times now...Russell Wilson (Wilson at the beginning) & Peyton Manning were not very good in their sophomore seasons. Baker will be fine. Will he be great? I'm starting to doubt it but I think he will end up being a top 10-15 QB in the league.

What's troubling me more is that OBJ seems to have forgotten how to get open. He faced double teams and had a worse QB in NY and still put up numbers.

Classyposter58

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 10:17 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Because I still don't think he does. Yeah, he's getting the box checked for the INT's but half of those have been on receivers or (today) an O-Lineman getting blown up and a shovel pass getting picked, counting as an INT. The guy played very well last year. He didn't just forget how to play.

I've used this example, a few times now...Russell Wilson (Wilson at the beginning) & Peyton Manning were not very good in their sophomore seasons. Baker will be fine. Will he be great? I'm starting to doubt it but I think he will end up being a top 10-15 QB in the league.

What's troubling me more is that OBJ seems to have forgotten how to get open. He faced double teams and had a worse QB in NY and still put up numbers.

What’s happened is teams have adjusted to the man and he doesn’t think the game well enough. You can see this a really talented team but Mayfield doesn’t seem to be very proactive causing him to be a turnover machine. 

I think the bigger problem is only 6 TDs through 7 games. With that receiving corps and a damn good back in Chubb, he should be around 2 a game. 

He’s easily a bottom 5 QB

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 8:31 AM
posted by Classyposter58

What’s happened is teams have adjusted to the man and he doesn’t think the game well enough. You can see this a really talented team but Mayfield doesn’t seem to be very proactive causing him to be a turnover machine. 

I think the bigger problem is only 6 TDs through 7 games. With that receiving corps and a damn good back in Chubb, he should be around 2 a game. 

He’s easily a bottom 5 QB

Sorry, but Baker's not this bad. This may not be popular with many here, because he was a Hue guy, but I really think Mayfield misses Ken Zampese (QB coach from last year). Ryan Lindley has been put in that role, with no experience. 

Classyposter58

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 11:36 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Sorry, but Baker's not this bad. This may not be popular with many here, because he was a Hue guy, but I really think Mayfield misses Ken Zampese (QB coach from last year). Ryan Lindley has been put in that role, with no experience. 

Talent wise he isn’t. But his decision making or lack thereof is just so bad. I’ve been a lifelong Lions fan and while Stafford hasn’t always been sunshine and roses, except for his rookie year he never did what Baker did. 

The guy I think has the talent of a Drew Brees, but his decision making is so so bad. And then on top of that Kitchens looks so over his head it’s turning into this bad combination. Baker is just too reactive

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 12:50 PM

The good news is if Baker is a bust the Browns don’t have to overpay him like the lions did for a mediocre QB.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 12:57 PM

Schedule is favorable if they can play well. They can still get to 8 or 9 wins with pretty decent play. Feels like 6-7 will be the final tally though.

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 2:09 PM
posted by Ironman92

Schedule is favorable if they can play well. They can still get to 8 or 9 wins with pretty decent play. Feels like 6-7 will be the final tally though.

They will be lucky to get to 5 with old Jethro Bodine running the show.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 2:36 PM

Broncos starting a QB who has never thrown an NFL pass in his career (Brandon Allen). If they don't win on Sunday...

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 2:57 PM

Sunday is the start to 10-6!

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 3:20 PM
posted by iclfan2

Broncos starting a QB who has never thrown an NFL pass in his career (Brandon Allen). If they don't win on Sunday...

No Flacco? Coach bench him?

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 3:33 PM
posted by Ironman92

No Flacco? Coach bench him?

Neck. Likely IR.

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 28, 2019 4:09 PM

Browns have traded Genard Avery to the Eagles for a 2021 draft pick. And now the Skins are supposedly open to trading Trent Williams.

And somewhat surprising to me, it sounds like Belichick targeted Joel Bitonio as a weak link on the O-Line and it paid off. Bitonio played like shit getting blown into the backfield on the shovel pass INT and flipping over, kicking the ball out of Chubb's hand on that fumbled TD. Chubb still needs to secure the ball.

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 1:02 PM

Let me preface this with the fact that I can't stand Michael Lombardi. I think he's butt hurt and has an axe to grind with the Browns but his recent podcast (replayed on the local station) was spot on. Said the Browns have no identity, just a "bunch of players" and should have Baker under center 90% or the time and should be constantly feeding Chubb. Then he proceeds to pull out the stat that BM is 2-9 in games he has to throw the ball 30+ times.

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 4:37 PM

LOL Redskins wanted a 1st AND Denzel Ward for Trent Williams. I want some of what Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen are smoking.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 5:43 PM
posted by BR1986FB

LOL Redskins wanted a 1st AND Denzel Ward for Trent Williams. I want some of what Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen are smoking.

The fuck?

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 1:28 AM

And now will get significantly less because they didn’t trade him.

BR1986FB

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 9:36 AM
posted by Laley23

And now will get significantly less because they didn’t trade him.

Snyder & Allen may be worse than Mike Brown in Cincinnati.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 10:35 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Snyder & Allen may be worse than Mike Brown in Cincinnati.

I will admit I think the firm stance probably tables other guys from demanding trades, which is good for the franchise long term. But he is so damn good, but on the wrong side of 30, I’m not sure the hard stance was worth it in a complete rebuild. Probably not helping them when they get good, and would’ve returned a really nice package.

BR1986FB

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 10:57 AM
posted by Laley23

I will admit I think the firm stance probably tables other guys from demanding trades, which is good for the franchise long term. But he is so damn good, but on the wrong side of 30, I’m not sure the hard stance was worth it in a complete rebuild. Probably not helping them when they get good, and would’ve returned a really nice package.

I see that Williams did report today but (even if the Browns had traded for him) how long will it take for him to get into game shape? He has another year left on his deal but doesn't want to be there.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 1:50 PM

Just saw that Mayfield got into it with Grossi during a press conference and walked off. I never liked Grossi. Wonder if he’ll “send Baker packing to the ex-files, bub.”

BR1986FB

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 2:36 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Just saw that Mayfield got into it with Grossi during a press conference and walked off. I never liked Grossi. Wonder if he’ll “send Baker packing to the ex-files, bub.”

Grossi is a snarky asshole who is still butt hurt on losing his HOF voting status. Counting off the days until he retires. As far as Mayfield goes, I wish these guys would just shut up until they do something. They talk shit like they've won 6 SB's. Just friggin WIN. So tired of hearing these disappointing underachievers flap their gums.

kizer permanente

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 3:21 PM

Yeah grossi is the worst but Baker needs to just treat him like the idiot his is, stay and answer the rest of the questions, and make Grossi wait there and feel like an even bigger idiot.

Gardens35

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 5:57 PM

Mayfield is a bad ass, dangerous too.

BRF

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 6:17 PM
posted by Gardens35

Mayfield is a bad ass, dangerous too.

And he can grow a mean beard, too.