Browns Regular Season 2019 Season | Season of Dreams

Home Forums Sports

BRF

Thu, Oct 17, 2019 10:54 AM

Garrett tweeted: “A “fan” hopped out his car to take a picture with me and then punched me in my face. Hm, put your legs into it might have actually made me flinch.“

BR1986FB

Fri, Oct 18, 2019 10:03 AM
posted by Ironman92

What

the

fuck?

Wish he would’ve gotten out and killed the man

Probably what the clown was hoping for...a quick payday.

In other news, sounds like Greg Robinson is getting benched.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Oct 18, 2019 10:29 AM
posted by kizer permanente

When I look at Myles Garrett, the absolute last thing on my mind is.. "I should punch this guy in the face". 

Yeah. All I can think is that I could be at the equal to the best condition I've been in my life and punching him in the face would still be me essentially attempting to commit assisted suicide.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Oct 18, 2019 11:08 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Probably what the clown was hoping for...a quick payday.

In other news, sounds like Greg Robinson is getting benched.

Risky little game....maybe get a real nice funeral 

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 9:47 AM

Rams offered Marcus Peters to Dorsey for Joel Bitonio before Peters was traded to the Rats. Glad that didn't happen.

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 11:00 AM

Thought I'd put this here, since it's where 90% of the posters reside...I'm going to follow S&L's lead and bid adieu to OC--the pompousness of (just) a couple of the guys on here has gotten nauseating, and quite frankly, I see enough of that in my day-to-day business dealings.

Justin, thank you for providing a forum to not only discuss sports, but to gain information and insight on topics that I otherwise wouldn't have. I appreciate your efforts, and wish you continued success with this site.

BR1986FB, you seem like an intelligent guy, and if you weren't so full of yourself, maybe people would take you more seriously.

Laley....no, I better not--and I'll leave it at that...

So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodbye...and Go Browns & Buckeyes!!!

cat_lover

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 12:27 PM

If you leave you will miss all the Tribe thread parties.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 12:44 PM

You think he got demoted to triple A?

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 12:49 PM

What thread did he get his feelings hurt on?

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 1:21 PM
posted by Ironman92

What thread did he get his feelings hurt on?

I'm assuming my ripping on him for slobbering on an opposing player (Bosa) on a Browns thread (this thread) pissed him off about me. By no means am I trying to drive people away from this site but I'm going to call someone out for crap like that and pretty much everyone agreed with me. We (fans) were already in a pissy mood because the Browns got their asses handed to them and he comes on here "OMG...look at Nick Bosa!!! He can cure uncurable diseases !!! He's the greatest thing since sliced bread!!!!" Last thing you want to hear. Take it to the general NFL thread if you've got a man crush.

Not sure what Laley did to piss him off. Vball was a solid poster, back in the day, but lately seemed to get butt hurt regularly.

kizer permanente

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 1:50 PM
posted by vball10set

Thought I'd put this here, since it's where 90% of the posters reside...I'm going to follow S&L's lead and bid adieu to OC--the pompousness of (just) a couple of the guys on here has gotten nauseating, and quite frankly, I see enough of that in my day-to-day business dealings.

Justin, thank you for providing a forum to not only discuss sports, but to gain information and insight on topics that I otherwise wouldn't have. I appreciate your efforts, and wish you continued success with this site.

BR1986FB, you seem like an intelligent guy, and if you weren't so full of yourself, maybe people would take you more seriously.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 2:30 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not sure what Laley did to piss him off. Vball was a solid poster, back in the day, but lately seemed to get butt hurt regularly.

Never could tell with Vball concerning Laley. It was easy to tell, from Vball's posts about him, that the two were both from the same general area and knew each other (at least Vball would make comments to the effect of knowing who Laley was). So it made it hard to tell if Vball was legit annoyed with Laley or just busting balls a lot of the time, especially since a lot of his Laley-directed posts would come after the two had a disagreement of opinion on something.

It's tricky to tell meaning/intent from written words a lot of the time and with him vs. Laley, some of the time, it seemed like an older dude ragging on younger dude he knows and some of the time, he seemed legit ticked off that said younger dude had a different opinion than he did and would be responding in that "pompous" tone that he's upset that other people apparently have used on him.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 2:51 PM

He knows me, I have no clue who he is. Which freaks me out a little. He also responded on here with a comment regarding a Tweet I had replied to regarding a local sportscaster I know; meaning he saw it on Twitter and brought it to the OC. Which is even weirder.

He always called me cameraboy for some reason. I think I did 15% camerawork at the local Toledo station, BCSN. Most was graphics and at the end Directing/Producing. Then I’ve been gone from that for close to 7 years doing virtual graphics and data at the national level. I try to give my — legitimate — informed opinions on TV/Ratings/Broadcasts/etc when the discussion arises and he seemed to think I was being arrogant or something. Would always respond in that demeaning tone you mentioned like I didn’t actually know what I was talking about.

Then he would break my cardinal sin of message boards. Taking a disagreement to another thread. I couldn’t figure out who he was. I’ve gotten a few texts from others in the Toledo area on here asking if I actually know him, and when I say nope I get a “weird” or “creepy” response.

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 3:23 PM

I'm just here to talk sports. I don't have a personal "beef" with anyone. S&L used to get in it with me all the time but if I walked into him in a bar (even though I have no clue what he looks like) I'd be the first to buy him a beer and laugh about my previous Brandon Weeden blunder. It's just a message board, which is kind of a dying breed/dinosaur these days so just enjoy it while it lasts.

BRF

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 3:48 PM

Part of the problem comes from when Vball would often, after giving his opinion, end it by typing “period”.....as if there was to be no more discussion because he is right. Then if someone would push it, he would get pissed. 

I will miss him on the Tribe threads. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 4:49 PM

He liked to pick on my posts for whatever reason. Oh well.

BRF

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 5:00 PM
posted by Ironman92

He liked to pick on my posts .....

Yes, but so do I! 😀

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 5:33 PM
posted by Laley23

He knows me, I have no clue who he is. Which freaks me out a little. He also responded on here with a comment regarding a Tweet I had replied to regarding a local sportscaster I know; meaning he saw it on Twitter and brought it to the OC. Which is even weirder.

He always called me cameraboy for some reason. I think I did 15% camerawork at the local Toledo station, BCSN. Most was graphics and at the end Directing/Producing. Then I’ve been gone from that for close to 7 years doing virtual graphics and data at the national level. I try to give my — legitimate — informed opinions on TV/Ratings/Broadcasts/etc when the discussion arises and he seemed to think I was being arrogant or something. Would always respond in that demeaning tone you mentioned like I didn’t actually know what I was talking about.

Then he would break my cardinal sin of message boards. Taking a disagreement to another thread. I couldn’t figure out who he was. I’ve gotten a few texts from others in the Toledo area on here asking if I actually know him, and when I say nope I get a “weird” or “creepy” response.

Yeah...that is a bit weird. I got the impression you knew each other -- not "KNOW know", but in the sort of way where he was an older dude from the area you were from and the two of you had at least interacted before to the degree that he knew some aspect of your career/life trajectory.

Overall, thought the guy was a good poster, but could get a bit annoying from time to time. Like already said, he was big on closing his opinions with "period" like that was the definitive word on the matter and if he disagreed with you, there always was a "well that's just YOUR opinion" comment. And I recall him also complaining about things like additional threads or someone like Ironman posting a lot on a thread because apparently a small message board that doesn't have much activity...doesn't actually need members to be active! But at least for me, it was more the pet peeve sort of thing that anyone on here could probably tear into almost anyone else with if so incliined than the "WTF is wrong with you, you dumbass!?!?!?" way than some people over the years have been annoying.

Gardens35

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 6:46 PM
posted by vball10set

Let's all meet on a Tribe thread next spring!

BRF

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 7:11 PM
posted by Gardens35

Let's all meet on a Tribe thread next spring!

Yes!

And thanks to Vball, this thread has been hijacked!

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 2:01 AM

The writing was on the wall for vball. You could tell he was easily getting butt hurt. He pretty much was acting like sleeper and S&L before they made their departure. Once he went out of his way to continuously troll his own apparent team, I knew he would be leaving soon.

My favorite is always the post announcing the departure.  Nobody ever gives a fuck. We all have lives outside of this site. Other than said who is a POS human, I never want to see people leave the site, but oh well.  It’s surprising the last few years the posters who I never considered easily butt hurt all of a sudden took this site seriously and decided to take their ball home.

QuakerOats

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 10:54 AM

"The Browns' star wide receiver posted a letter from the league on Instagram, telling him he'd been fined $14,037 for violating the NFL's policy on uniforms and equipment.

On top of the letter, Beckham added the caption, "14 k for some pants that are NOT gonna protect me from anything ... this shxt is ridiculous." "

Follow the rules, and catch the ball.

Life can be so simple.

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 10:57 AM
posted by QuakerOats

"The Browns' star wide receiver posted a letter from the league on Instagram, telling him he'd been fined $14,037 for violating the NFL's policy on uniforms and equipment.

On top of the letter, Beckham added the caption, "14 k for some pants that are NOT gonna protect me from anything ... this shxt is ridiculous." "

Follow the rules, and catch the ball.

Life can be so simple.

Yeah, I'm not a "woe is me" type of guy but it's really starting to look like the league is targeting OBJ. Dude is getting fined EVERY week for some stupid shit.

slingshot4ever

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 11:46 AM

There are a ton of recievers out there wearing pants that stay above the knee.  Either fine everyone or no one.  Don't bully certain players.  NFLPA needs to jump in here and defend OBJ IMO.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 12:46 PM

Diva wide receivers will be diva wide receivers