2024 NFL Offseason

Home Forums Sports

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Thu, Mar 7, 2024 4:15 PM

thank god we signed jonnu smith. clearly the reason KC ran through miami in the first round was because we didn't have him in an offense that doesn't use the TE worth a shit.

Automatik

Thu, Mar 7, 2024 4:24 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I know Pittsburgh has a better defense but are the offensive weapons really an upgrade over Denver's?

Ehhh not really. A push at best. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Mar 7, 2024 5:55 PM
posted by Automatik

Ehhh not really. A push at best. 

That's kind of what I thought with Pittsburgh maybe having a worse O-Line and Russ isn't as mobile as he once was.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Mar 7, 2024 6:04 PM

I like Russ for he’s hanging on for another chance to prove himself….at worst he’s great competition for Pickett

BR1986FB

Thu, Mar 7, 2024 8:39 PM

What would be interesting would be the Wilson/Tomlin dynamic. Tomlin seems kind of straight forward and Russ is a full on diva, which they already have in Pickens.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Mar 8, 2024 11:24 AM

Let's see...

Russ at Denver. List of headlines for things he did really well. Very, very short. List of headlines for either him fucking up on the field OR being a weird goof whose sort of faux-motivational shit would get super-old super-quickly. Almost never-ending.

I'd rather not. Seems like a recipe for not just tanking, but doing so in a way that's really hilarious for fans of rival teams.

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 8, 2024 12:41 PM

If they can't somehow get Fields, which I had predicted a while back, I wouldn't think Russ would be a horrible option versus what they have. I'd rather have Bernie from "Weekend at Bernie's" back there over Pickett if I were a Pittsburgh fan. That dude is historically bad.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Mar 9, 2024 1:51 PM

Browns trade for Jerry Jeudy. Was kinda hoping the Jets would make a play for him.

BR1986FB

Sat, Mar 9, 2024 5:47 PM
posted by justincredible

Browns trade for Jerry Jeudy. Was kinda hoping the Jets would make a play for him.

This one's a "meh" for me. I see this kind of like you saw the Elijah Moore trade last year (not a big loss for the Jets and not a big gain by the Browns), in getting rid of him. Low risk on the compensation the Browns gave but Jeudy is a perennial underachiever.

With this, I believe the Browns only have 3 picks in the draft. Rumors swirling they are looking to recoup some draft capital by trading Greg Newsome & Wyatt Teller.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Mar 10, 2024 7:19 AM

They still have 2,3,5,6,7. I like the trade.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 10, 2024 3:13 PM

Jeudy is the perfect candidate for a new scene breakout. Wanted him last offseason, and at deadline. Thrilled with this.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Mar 10, 2024 11:40 PM

Russell Wilson to the Steelers. What’s his new motto? “Steelers country, let’s Steel.”?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Mar 10, 2024 11:45 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Russell Wilson to the Steelers. What’s his new motto? “Steelers country, let’s Steel.”?

Steelers country, let's forge.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 12:11 AM

“Steelers country, let’s finish 9-8 and get the 7th seed in the playoffs and lose a close first round game.”

gut

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 9:30 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

“Steelers country, let’s finish 9-8 and get the 7th seed in the playoffs and lose a close first round game.”

Hey, losing close in the playoffs would be an improvement!

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 10:23 AM

Would love to see it but I don't think the Jets have the draft capital to pull it off.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 11:31 AM
posted by justincredible

Steelers country, let's forge.

Its clearly, "Let's Mine". 

gut

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 11:41 AM
posted by Laley23

Its clearly, "Let's Mine". 

"I'll Stop the World and Smelt with You"?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Mar 11, 2024 1:00 PM

I'm totally looking forward to all the cheesy shit Russ is going to do this time to "hype" up people while acting like an AI creation that's about three huge steps away from accurately imitating a human. I'd be more enthused if he wasn't going to be doing it as a member of my team, but who knows? Maybe the Russ Factor will cause the necessary implosion that will get actual noteworthy changes made to restore them to being legit good again, instead of just being good enough to (probably) make the playoffs.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 7:42 AM

Browns first choice at backup QB was Jacoby Brissett, who went to New England. One would assume they'd pivot back to Joe Flacco but the rumors are Jameis Winston? Ugghhh....

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 9:58 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Browns first choice at backup QB was Jacoby Brissett, who went to New England. One would assume they'd pivot back to Joe Flacco but the rumors are Jameis Winston? Ugghhh....

Ill take Jameis. Younger version of Flacco. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 11:17 AM

Red Lobster lock your doors, Winston is a Brown.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 7:48 PM

Diontae going to go ruin Bryce Young

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2024 8:40 PM

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the NFL, politics or WTF thread but, since he plays football...