2022 NFL Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 9:24 AM
posted by j_crazy

Does miami low key suck? i know the secondary is banged up but they have committed so much money back there that it's killing any chance for depth.  they have really bad pass blockers but the run game can seem to open up at times. it's looking like a very blah team that will end up 8-9 or some shit. the only silver lining is that SF might also suck and the dolphins own that pick.

I don’t think they suck. The schedule has been brutal (one game against sub500 team) and missed Tua on 2.5 games. Had a tough win against Buffalo then had to play in Cincy four days later. Schedule kind of opens up now though with Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston. They could definitely win all four of those games. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 9:39 AM
posted by like_that

lol, me too.   The NFL has created a product, where the majority of games on any given Sunday come day to a key possession in the 4th quarter.

My main thing is the NFL has the timing between plays down to a science. Where a college game, I am not surprised when they go 5 hours. I am much more busy than I used to be, but even before kids, no way am I giving up 5 hours of a Saturday to watch a game. NFL being 3 hrs (almost) on the dote... thank you!

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 10:09 AM

I thought Miami was going to win by 20+ the way that game started. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 2:07 PM

Lotta people calling for the Jets to go after Kareem Hunt now.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 2:15 PM
posted by justincredible

Lotta people calling for the Jets to go after Kareem Hunt now.

He's yours, for a 1st rounder!

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 2:28 PM
posted by Laley23

He's yours, for a 1st rounder!

You're funny. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 2:37 PM

Matt Ryan benched.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 2:41 PM
posted by justincredible

You're funny. 

Its gonna be 32 if you have Hunt, though. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 4:13 PM

AVT also done for the season. The two best players on the Jets offense done for the year. 

Maybe my 7 win prediction at the beginning of the season was accurate.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 4:18 PM

The Jets are 5-2 and I want to crawl in a hole and die. I hate sports.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 8:02 PM

Jets give up a 6th (that can become a 5th) for James Robinson. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 9:22 PM

Mac Jones kicks Brisker in the dick, then gets picked by Brisker, then gets benched for Zappe. LOL.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Oct 25, 2022 1:32 AM

A miserable Bears team destroys the Patriots at home. Strange times. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Oct 25, 2022 9:01 AM

I thought for sure the Pats would destroy the Jets now that Hall is out but last night gives me hope.

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Tue, Oct 25, 2022 10:20 AM

Gesicki is on his way out of miami, Hunt is out of cleveland. Miami needs an RB1, Cleveland needs a TE sinc Njoku is hurt, why hasn't this deal been done yet (i'm assuming miami has to throw in a draft pick to make it up) does that franchise tag that Gesicki have kill the cap?

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Oct 25, 2022 10:42 AM
posted by j_crazy

Gesicki is on his way out of miami, Hunt is out of cleveland. Miami needs an RB1, Cleveland needs a TE sinc Njoku is hurt, why hasn't this deal been done yet (i'm assuming miami has to throw in a draft pick to make it up) does that franchise tag that Gesicki have kill the cap?

Why would Cleveland want a TE for like 3 games?

j_crazy

Tue, Oct 25, 2022 1:21 PM
posted by Laley23

Why would Cleveland want a TE for like 3 games?

he's better than harrison bryant. but i get it. miami is gonna have to throw in some good picks to get rid of that contract. i just looked it up. sheesh, 10.9Mill.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Oct 25, 2022 1:40 PM
posted by j_crazy

he's better than harrison bryant. but i get it. miami is gonna have to throw in some good picks to get rid of that contract. i just looked it up. sheesh, 10.9Mill.

Yeah, but the Browns would be shipping Hunt because they are 2-5. They aren’t looking to upgrade a position for 3-4 games until Njoku is back. They certainly aren’t looking to take on money.

j_crazy

Tue, Oct 25, 2022 3:15 PM
posted by Laley23

Yeah, but the Browns would be shipping Hunt because they are 2-5. They aren’t looking to upgrade a position for 3-4 games until Njoku is back. They certainly aren’t looking to take on money.

oh i agree, pipe dream on my end.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Oct 25, 2022 3:20 PM

I think Hunt to the Jets for a 2nd or 3rd rounder would make sense. 2nd is a dream, but Jets are desperate (or could be) with Hall out and sitting at 5-2 and relevant for first time in awhile in the NY market.

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 25, 2022 3:29 PM
posted by Laley23

I think Hunt to the Jets for a 2nd or 3rd rounder would make sense. 2nd is a dream, but Jets are desperate (or could be) with Hall out and sitting at 5-2 and relevant for first time in awhile in the NY market.

Jets traded for James Robinson yesterday. Unless he failed a physical they should be good.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Oct 25, 2022 3:35 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Jets traded for James Robinson yesterday. Unless he failed a physical they should be good.

Missed that. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Oct 26, 2022 4:50 PM

Eagles traded a 4th rounder to the Bears for pass rusher Robert Quinn.

sportchampps

Wed, Oct 26, 2022 5:46 PM

Asking price for Hunt is a 4th round pick wouldn’t be surprised if they have to take a 5th