Administrator

Thu, Oct 13, 2022 11:06 PM

That ref made a hellluva call in live time

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 13, 2022 11:17 PM
posted by Ironman92

That ref made a hellluva call in live time

No kidding. I thought TD all the way. I did not see the bobble at all.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Oct 13, 2022 11:30 PM

Lol

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 4:19 PM

The Jets smoking the Packers at Lambeau was not something I was expecting.

gut

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 4:30 PM

Well, I was done in my survivor pool a few weeks ago [seriously - no bullshit]...but hard to imagine anyone is still left.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 4:32 PM

The Browns sucked today - nothing new there.

But I was in a BW3 today with all the games on.  I cannot understand how anyone prefers the NFL to college.  NFL games on average are straight up boring as hell.  Not one game appears all that different from any other.  The offenses all look the exact same.  Boring, boring, boring.  

By contrast, my team wasn’t playing yesterday.  Yet I saw most of three games where I had no rooting stake that were light years more interesting and exiting than anything on today - or any other Sunday this year.  

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 5:19 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

The Browns sucked today - nothing new there.

But I was in a BW3 today with all the games on.  I cannot understand how anyone prefers the NFL to college.  NFL games on average are straight up boring as hell.  Not one game appears all that different from any other.  The offenses all look the exact same.  Boring, boring, boring.  

By contrast, my team wasn’t playing yesterday.  Yet I saw most of three games where I had no rooting stake that were light years more interesting and exiting than anything on today - or any other Sunday this year.  

Here I am thinking the exact opposite. Lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 5:25 PM

A good game is a good game. Both can be great and both can be meh. College has so many more teams to choose from and there aren’t a huge number of NFL teams I enjoy watching.

Early on the NFL games haven’t been as good as I hope going in. Some of the thought to be good teams are 2-4 or 3-3 and not playing like many think they should while several of the hit teams in the nfl are teams we expect to go 6-11 and we don’t trust them yet.

I don’t need a 44-41 college game to enjoy it and a 17-13 NFsl game can be great….but so far what I’ve watched college has has a greater % of good games.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 6:02 PM

Holy shit what a kick.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 7:12 PM
posted by justincredible

Holy shit what a kick.  

Balls are filled with helium or something. I’ve seen 5 different kickers this year blasting 57-62 yard FG that would’ve been good from 70.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 7:25 PM

Josh Allen is absurd.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 7:26 PM

Yeah Allen is must watch

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 7:29 PM

His arm strength…his touch on the deep balls. The rockets he fires into tight spaces 10-30 yards downfield. His speed…his power.

Mahomes has better feet and ad lib…but Allen is the top QB to me (he does have receivers who catch everything…which helps)

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 9:56 PM

What an awful decision and play by Lamar late in that game.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 16, 2022 10:24 PM

I think Turpin is going to make my NFL 4x100 team

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 17, 2022 11:02 AM

PFF is weird. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 17, 2022 11:11 PM

Joe Buck is lost

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 17, 2022 11:33 PM

Broncos guy blocking 55 yards down field on a punt and gets blocked into returner….Chargers ball for the W

friendfromlowry

Tue, Oct 18, 2022 12:17 AM
posted by Ironman92

Broncos guy blocking 55 yards down field on a punt and gets blocked into returner….Chargers ball for the W

I forgot being blocked into your returner is legal. Broncos are miserable. Chargers have lucked into a couple wins this week and last, too. Herbert with 57 passing attempts and 238yards/ 0 touchdowns to show for it. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Oct 18, 2022 1:43 AM

Ekeler scores the second and last touchdown of the game with nine minutes left in the second quarter? That’s brutal to watch. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 18, 2022 8:51 PM
posted by justincredible

PFF is weird. 

This isn't surprising. I think Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes threw for 4 TD's in a game and PFF had Cody Kessler, or some other scrub QB from the Browns, rated higher. PFF is solid with their O-Line grades, other than that, you might at well flip a coin because a lot of their rankings are garbage.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Oct 19, 2022 9:54 AM

And Quinnen is AFC DPOW even though PFF rated him a JAG.

gut

Wed, Oct 19, 2022 10:00 AM
posted by BR1986FB
This isn't surprising. I think Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes threw for 4 TD's in a game and PFF had Cody Kessler, or some other scrub QB from the Browns, rated higher. PFF is solid with their O-Line grades, other than that, you might at well flip a coin because a lot of their rankings are garbage.

It's a bunch of nerds that don't know much about football making completely subjective rankings.

I'm also convinced they throw in a couple of ridiculous ratings for a few players on each team every week to generate discussion.  Like the Pittsburgh Post Gazette discusses them every week.  Easy article to write requiring little research.

QB ratings are especially wonky.  One guy's "big time throw" is another guy's "should have been picked".

gut

Wed, Oct 19, 2022 10:04 AM
posted by justincredible

And Quinnen is AFC DPOW even though PFF rated him a JAG.

They always seemed to hate on Ben Roethlisberger.

He was indeed terrible last year for 3 quarters of almost every game.  But that was the players around him and the OC.  He'd call his own plays and put the team on his back in Q4 and was one of the highest rated guys in the league in Q4 with 7 come from behind victories.