2021 NFL Season thread

Home Forums Sports

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 11:34 AM
posted by Ironman92

How definitely has that eff you way about his competitiveness….I could see it but he seems to be good with Urban.

I could probably find this one out.

What i heard (like recently, before this year's draft i think) was that Burrow wanted to stay at OSU and compete/win the job, since he did so well in the spring, but he wasn't happy that the defense was teeing off on him and the other QB's (Martell and Haskins if memory recalls) got black jerseys and were protected.

Again, i have no clue. When i first heard it i thought it was full on bullshit, but with the Lambo story yesterday, and Jerome Baker alluding to shady player treatment going on when he was OSU, i thought about it and figured someone here might know.

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 11:37 AM
posted by Heretic

It's actually kind of sad he's already gone. It was turning into a situation where it seemed a new, hilarious, disclosure was coming out every day or two. And with seemingly every team (other than his) right around .500, that was far more entertaining than trying to figure out who will win between a random 7-6 team and a random 6-7 team.

BigCat said something about being sad Urban left so soon because we all wanted to see how bad it could've gotten.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 11:47 AM
posted by j_crazy

BigCat said something about being sad Urban left so soon because we all wanted to see how bad it could've gotten.

I think we could have been two weeks away from a Latrell Sprewell/P.J. Carlismo incident. Whether it be a player or assistant coach playing the role of Spree, I don't know, but someone would have choked him out at a practice in the near future.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 11:54 AM

But at least we still have Jackson Mahomes as the gift that keeps on giving. Apparently, Pat's stupid little brother tried to online bash a popular KC bar for not totally catering to him, causing the bar to utterly destroy him on Twitter.

Bonus points for the line "We survived a global pandemic; we'll survive your ego."

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 11:55 AM
posted by j_crazy

What i heard (like recently, before this year's draft i think) was that Burrow wanted to stay at OSU and compete/win the job, since he did so well in the spring, but he wasn't happy that the defense was teeing off on him and the other QB's (Martell and Haskins if memory recalls) got black jerseys and were protected.

Again, i have no clue. When i first heard it i thought it was full on bullshit, but with the Lambo story yesterday, and Jerome Baker alluding to shady player treatment going on when he was OSU, i thought about it and figured someone here might know.

I have some good Athens’ contacts….will check

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 12:18 PM

It was a total disaster.  Since college coaches have failed in the NFL much more often (Meyer, Saban, Holtz, Petrino) than they succeeded (Jimmy Johnson, Paul Brown), I would think owners would quit trying to make this work.  It's practically two different sports and clearly doesn't translate.  

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 12:31 PM

Just like the Epstein case/"Me Too" movement, once the floodgates open I think we'll hear more & more bad stuff/people coming forward about Urb. Wonder if any dirt could be dug up about his time with Aaron Hernandez in Florida?

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 3:43 PM

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 4:49 PM
posted by Ironman92

Unless it's heavily swayed by Philly, I'm shocked that TB12 is the top guy in PA & WV. Figured it would be a Steeler in both states....someone like TJ Watt.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 4:55 PM

What’s up with Cam Newton and Idaho?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:14 PM
posted by Ironman92

What’s up with Cam Newton and Idaho?

He locked down Vermont as well.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:15 PM

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:41 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Unless it's heavily swayed by Philly, I'm shocked that TB12 is the top guy in PA & WV. Figured it would be a Steeler in both states....someone like TJ Watt.

Must be a whole lot of spite-watching of Brady in Pennsylvania, I'd guess. Dude's done more to give them bad memories than everyone in their division put together over the duration of his career, if only for the caliber of game in which he's provided those nightmarish days (9-3 regular season record; 3-0 in the playoffs with all those being AFC championship games).

One that might have surprised me more for Brady was Texas. Sort of shows how the "Dallas = America's Team" isn't much more than a myth perpetrated by the networks nowadays if a guy with no connection to the state is more-viewed than any of their players. Unless Houston's spite-watching of Watson was sufficient enough to open the doors for a "third party candidate" to get the win.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:44 PM

Brady broke the record. I'm sure a ton of these are people looking up his career stats. This is just the Football.Reference sites data.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:45 PM

Chiefs @Chargers

If Chiefs get decent pressure on Herbert they’ll win.

SD dropping back to 8-6 would be a bigger wild card jam but a Chargers win would keep the West open

Will watch

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 5:49 PM
posted by Ironman92

Seems plausible, by all indications Meyer is an OK guy when getting his way, a complete POS when not.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 8:38 PM

I honestly don’t think the Chiefs could’ve had a luckier start.

Prayers for the Chargers receiver. Damn 🙏

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 9:55 PM

These analytics kill me. Not an ounce of feel to them. Just an easy out for a coach to be strangely aggressive

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 9:58 PM
posted by Ironman92

These analytics kill me. Not an ounce of feel to them. Just an easy out for a coach to be strangely aggressive

It'd be one thing if it was 4th and 1 or 2, where the whole playbook is open. But 4th and 5? Seems that's not quality analytics. At least I'd think the odds of getting the TD are low enough that the chip-shot FG to make it 7 instead of 4 is a way smarter choice.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 10:06 PM
posted by Heretic

It'd be one thing if it was 4th and 1 or 2, where the whole playbook is open. But 4th and 5? Seems that's not quality analytics. At least I'd think the odds of getting the TD are low enough that the chip-shot FG to make it 7 instead of 4 is a way smarter choice.

Also….this isn’t a 47-44 Big 12 game

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 10:18 PM

If I was a Chargers fan I’d be relieved they aren’t up 23-13

I hope their kicker misses a GW FG and tells them to eff off

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 10:45 PM

26-13

Well 🤷🏻‍♂️

I want these behind the scenes analytic guys to answer the tough questions from the media

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 11:18 PM

You can’t look at analytics after the fact. They went 3 times. They got 0 TD (but long fields vs Chiefs helping D also). If they kick 3 FGs that’s 9 pts. Honestly… big deal when the return value could’ve been 21 which is a plus 12. Even going 1/3 which I think is reasonable expectations for the situations is a -2 bet return. They were ALL the right call. FGs are how you lose. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 11:19 PM

Run on 1st down 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 11:19 PM

Careful ….don’t go too fast