Mon, Jan 10, 2022 12:59 PM
posted by justincredible

Harbaugh to the Phins?

And Urban to Michigan

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Jan 10, 2022 5:12 PM
posted by justincredible

Flores out in Miami. That seems like a mistake.

Meanwhile, to the "delight" of Giants fans, Judge is still there. Which is good by me, as that dude is a provider of pure comedy.

His rant about how players wanted to return to NYG, even if they were being paid more elsewhere.

In same rant, he compared the Giants to Washington, saying they weren't a clown show organization. And then promptly gets beat 22-7 by said clown show organization.

In that game, when confronted with bad field position, his plan was to immediately plan for the punt. Including a QB sneak on 3rd and 9.

Dude makes incompetent seem pretty damn good!

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jan 10, 2022 11:13 PM

I don’t get the Flores firing at all. 

Zimmer is a really good coach, but his time was up in Minnesota,

Staleys timeout didn’t do shit. Why do people think it effected anything? There was 5 seconds on the playclock. Vegas was running on 3rd down regardless. LAC just couldn’t stop it.

BR1986FB

Tue, Jan 11, 2022 8:35 AM
posted by Laley23

I don’t get the Flores firing at all. 

Zimmer is a really good coach, but his time was up in Minnesota,

Staleys timeout didn’t do shit. Why do people think it effected anything? There was 5 seconds on the playclock. Vegas was running on 3rd down regardless. LAC just couldn’t stop it.

Staley was getting a lot of heat on the NFL Channel on Sirius yesterday. Not for the timeout but because he's supposed to be a defensive oriented coach and the Chargers defense got worse since he's been there.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Jan 11, 2022 9:37 PM

Joe Judge fired.

BR1986FB

Wed, Jan 12, 2022 7:35 AM
posted by justincredible

Joe Judge fired.

I can see Russell Wilson being a Giant.

BR1986FB

Wed, Jan 12, 2022 12:12 PM

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Andrew Luck looks like the oil prospector who cons local landowners into selling him their valuable properties for a pittance. ANDREW LUCK Stanford Quarterback (2008-11) 1st overall pick 2012 NFL Draft (Colts) Colts Quarterback (2012-18) ESPN NFC 49ers Vs Cowboys 4:30ES UN'

Automatik

Wed, Jan 12, 2022 12:26 PM

I saw that clip lol. Safe to say, he is NOT coming back to the NFL. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Jan 12, 2022 6:17 PM

Eric Weddle is coming out of retirement (2 years ago) to sign with the Rams for the playoffs.

BR1986FB

Mon, Jan 17, 2022 8:04 PM

Rumors have Jim Harbaugh coaching the Raiders next year.

kizer permanente

Mon, Jan 31, 2022 9:28 AM

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 11:35 AM

Brian Flores' lawsuit is getting a lot of attention.  I'm not a lawyer.  Do you guys think he has a legitimate case?  He got a text from Bill Belichick congratulating him on landing the Giants and Bills jobs before he'd even interviewed for either.  Then he figured out Belichick mistakenly sent the text to him, that it was intended for Brian Daboll.  That's an interesting twist on this thing, although it would be hard to prove Belichick knew anything concrete.

I see Flores' point.  But I can't see how you can prove something like he's contending.  

Drama for pre-SB week.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 12:03 PM

posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Brian Flores' lawsuit is getting a lot of attention.  I'm not a lawyer.  Do you guys think he has a legitimate case?  He got a text from Bill Belichick congratulating him on landing the Giants and Bills jobs before he'd even interviewed for either.  Then he figured out Belichick mistakenly sent the text to him, that it was intended for Brian Daboll.  That's an interesting twist on this thing, although it would be hard to prove Belichick knew anything concrete.

I see Flores' point.  But I can't see how you can prove something like he's contending.  

Drama for pre-SB week.

I'm just applauding Belichick for being a true chessmaster. Loses to the Giants in two Super Bowls, lets that simmer for a few years and then "accidentally" texts the wrong Brian that he got the job to expose that NYG are mocking the Rooney Rule. Revenge is best served cold! Bonus points for this overshadowing the Brady retirement, since apparently his "Thank You" press release didn't mention either NE or Belichick.

Slightly more seriously: The NFL and the Rooney Rule are the definition of "you can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink". You can make a well-meaning rule to give minority candidates a platform to get their names out there in the coaching mix, but just because you have a rule saying teams need to talk to them, doesn't mean said teams will take that overly seriously. So, instead, they'll do things like they usually do and then schedule an interview or two just to satisfy requirements. If John Elway's still shitfaced when it's time to suck it up and talk to the guy the Broncos DGAF about, so be it -- as long as he's sober for the "real" interviews.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 12:08 PM

As a side note: With all the Cleveland fans here, is anyone amused by how, shortly after Flores alleged that Miami's owner offered to pay him for every loss the team had, Hue Jackson was like, "DAMN, why didn't I think of that?!?!?" and immediately came on board saying, "Uh, yeah, me too..."

Dude's not only a shitty head coach, but can't even manufacture his own grievances and has to piggy-back off those by others.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 12:12 PM
posted by Heretic

As a side note: With all the Cleveland fans here, is anyone amused by how, shortly after Flores alleged that Miami's owner offered to pay him for every loss the team had, Hue Jackson was like, "DAMN, why didn't I think of that?!?!?" and immediately came on board saying, "Uh, yeah, me too..."

Dude's not only a shitty head coach, but can't even manufacture his own grievances and has to piggy-back off those by others.

Right.  Let some other SOB fall on the sword and then try to pretend he didn't go 0-16.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 12:28 PM

He dodged a bullet not getting hired by the New York Giants. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 12:48 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Right.  Let some other SOB fall on the sword and then try to pretend he didn't go 0-16.

And if true, that'd be a HUGE example of biting the hand that feeds you, because he would have gotten Bezos-rich off all the losses he had there!

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 12:51 PM

The texts will serve as proof if there is other evidence. On the surface, won’t do much. Apparently, they have more. The text just happened to get leaked. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 1:13 PM

I'm having a hard time buying that Bill Belichick uses exclamation points.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 1:16 PM
posted by justincredible

I'm having a hard time buying that Bill Belichick uses exclamation points.

Or question marks. Or texts. Or cares who the Giants hired. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 2:43 PM

I don’t think it’s worth blowing up your career over. Even if some of the things said are true, which is horrible for the NFL, what can he claim was done to him for damages? 

And fuck Hue Jackson.